Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bobby Sands

Blog Entries

Well, I'll tell the truth: I support anybody who has or will stand up for their rights! '' By any means necessary'' The injustices that Catholics suffered up North were appalling, no person deserves to be treated like a second class citizen especially in their own home.

Bobby was, and still is a brave young man who believed in something and was willing to die for it, and that cannot be said for a lot of people. People might not like his take on the situation at hand, but sometimes you really have to stand for rights because if you don't, things will continue as they always have.

2. Default

well spoken anita...thats whats wrong with ireland now,there is no people to stand up and protest against all the shit.im no sayin what the greeks did the other day was right but they aint gonna take it lyin down............

Blog Entries

Default Yep

Quote Originally Posted by dubaimale View Post
    whats wrong with ireland now,there is no people to stand up and protest against all the shit.
    and ppl allowing their Lisbon vote to be reversed is proof of it. Most ppl in this country have too much respect for authority.

not enough for themselves,
    Westside.

Reviews

Bobby Sands deserves his legend. He and the other nine hunger-strikers who bravely sacrificed their lives in a terrible way will never be forgotten and history will remember them.

5. Default

Who is that guy ?

Blog Entries
    Reviews

My innitial rection to this thread was 'f' him the IRA murdering, bombing scum that killed and blew up towns and people I knew.....
    How ever looking back in history he was a hero...and that was obviousbly supported by the community enough to vote him in. His belief was true passion that I doubt that any of us actually have.....what would you die a long, painful death for?

I always imagine how much greater Ireland would be in the world had we all got along. If we had used our skills for building business instead of fighting and terrisiom. But maybe that is what made us what we are?

Quote Originally Posted by Last time View Post
    I always imagine how much greater Ireland would be in the world had we all got along. If we had used our skills for building business instead of fighting and terrisiom.
    I think you could do with listening to the words of Joe McDonnell, if you did you’d soon know the true meaning of “terrorists.”

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRambo View Post
    I think you could do with listening to the words of Joe McDonnell, if you did you’d soon know the true meaning of “terrorists.”
    Where would I find such words?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRambo View Post
    ....well said john

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Last time View Post
    Where would I find such words?
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123