Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
Well to answer ure first response all the man u fans are gloating that man city didnt make it,which means that u have three london teams there which is hardly good for the game in a nationwide context, and do u expect me to believe that with only the Carling cup in the trophy cabinet that at board level or management level the season is considered anything but a disaster. Knocked out of champions league at the earliest stage for years, the very minimum required would have been the FA cup. A team has to be judged by the standards it sets itself and to end up with only a trophy that has been looked upon by the club as run out for up and coming or bit players is not good enough. Wayne Rooney gave an interview today in one of the papers and he admitted that they had fallen far short of what was required. Second place is where u want to be only if u want to see the arse of the fella in first

Gloating is what supporters do, especially towards their local 'rivals'. Why should I, or anyone else be worried whether London clubs have 3 of the 4 teams in the top 4. It's just a statistic!!!!
A disappointing season is not disastrous one. Liverpool, on the other hand, having finished 2nd last year and only finishing 7th this season, that's disastrous.
While I would like United(whats with the Man U anywayNever heard of them) to win the league every season, having won it 3 seasons in a row it was always going to be difficult to get the 4 in a row(its not over yet either).