Quote Originally Posted by nicegirlsarenice View Post

Then the Irish government refused to allow Michael O' Leary have hangar 6 causing him to move 300 jobs abroad.

If the government decided to give your house to a third party to create a job or two, you would be pretty pissed off. The government can't just go appropriating property just because some person claims they will create a few jobs and MJ0L knew this. He had an ulterior motive.

He has made one or two bad decisions and things did not always go his way but I must take my hat off to him for getting people to pay to queue in advance of another queue. That is absolutely fantastic, a two-tiered queing system and one pays to be in the Tier One queue.

I don't particularly like flying Ryan Air solely due to their permanent sales pitch and there is no way of avoiding it. FFS, telephone cards and raffle tickets.......

Longer term I am sure he will go from strength to strength because he is focussed and does not give a damn what anyone else thinks, not endearing characteristics but very positive for managing a business.