Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I feel sorry for Michael O' Leary...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

What a load of crap , Kelloggs is not a Tesco product, it is available to all vendors.The "Value" print is a Kellogs slogan.
    If Tescos decide to discount the 750g packet well that is their prerogative.
    The point is Tescos has been instumental in driving down retail food prices for the benefit of the vast majority.

Reviews

Good to see you two talking again!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
    What a load of crap , Kelloggs is not a Tesco product, it is available to all vendors.The "Value" print is a Kellogs slogan.
    If Tescos decide to discount the 750g packet well that is their prerogative.
    The point is Tescos has been instumental in driving down retail food prices for the benefit of the vast majority.
    As I said, this is an example, but it makes no difference if it's a Tesco product or not, they are still carrying, displaying and selling it. If it displayed a price on the box, could they sell it for a higher price???

No...............

It's deception and they prey on the naivety of people............This is well known in retail circles.................

And again, don't be silly enough to think they have been instrumental in driving down retail prices. They were instrumental in removing what they said were the barriers to this, but it wasn't passed on to the consumer like they said it would be...........

They only think they drove down was the prices THEY paid.................

Ask the farmers why the price they are getting for milk now is the same as it was in the 80'.....................

Is the retail price the same???

I don't think so............
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Default No sympathy here!

Quote Originally Posted by nicegirlsarenice View Post

Then the Irish government refused to allow Michael O' Leary have hangar 6 causing him to move 300 jobs abroad.

If the government decided to give your house to a third party to create a job or two, you would be pretty pissed off. The government can't just go appropriating property just because some person claims they will create a few jobs and MJ0L knew this. He had an ulterior motive.

He has made one or two bad decisions and things did not always go his way but I must take my hat off to him for getting people to pay to queue in advance of another queue. That is absolutely fantastic, a two-tiered queing system and one pays to be in the Tier One queue.

I don't particularly like flying Ryan Air solely due to their permanent sales pitch and there is no way of avoiding it. FFS, telephone cards and raffle tickets.......

Longer term I am sure he will go from strength to strength because he is focussed and does not give a damn what anyone else thinks, not endearing characteristics but very positive for managing a business.
    Unlike Murphys, I am bitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12