Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Woman pleads guilty to brothel keeping in Cork City

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cum-on-sharon View Post
    Cork Brothel secretly filmed clients - TV3

Another good reason not to use agencies. Who want to be recorded?
    I think that this would be done for one reason only. To see if the money that the girls hands over corresponds with what happened in the room , if neccessary. I doubt that there was an ulterior motive for this. Just keeping checks on the business.

thats what i reckon anyway,
    Westside.

PS i did get a feeling of cameras in rooms there. If they were making vids they should have told me. I charge a good bit.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by JAMESCORK View Post
    Hey Fussy. Is that your missus. Didnt know she practised law as well
    She's not using the 'Fussy' name any more James...she got remarried a couple of weeks ago...but I have fowarded on your slander to her...lol

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by MrFussy View Post
    She's not using the 'Fussy' name any more James...she got remarried a couple of weeks ago...but I have fowarded on your slander to her...lol
    Yeah well I knew that. Hence the use of the tittle Ms. Hey if she decides to take action are you free to represent me.

Default In the papers

'There were a number of covert cameras some hidden in electrical sockets there was a continuous feed of activities recorded & these were fed both to the shop below & to the pimps house'....

Blog Entries

Default Well

Quote Originally Posted by Experienced Punter esq View Post
    'There were a number of covert cameras some hidden in electrical sockets there was a continuous feed of activities recorded & these were fed both to the shop below & to the pimps house'....
    this is a second for Cork as there were cameras in the former Hanover as well. I doubt very much that these were done to tape activities for some commercial purpose. I reckon it was security purpose both monetary and physical and also to hear what was said as there could have being sound transmitted too.

Westside.

Default Voyerism !

Nothing that I would`nt have done , remember all those hot looking girls that used to be advertised on E-I from that establishment ?

Default another pimp bites the dust

another pimp bites the dust

Evening Echo | Court finds woman guilty of organising prostitution in Cork

Court finds woman guilty of organising prostitution in Cork

23/04/2010 - 17:48:56

The woman accused of organising prostitution and keeping brothels was found guilty on seven charges of managing brothels at 5.30pm this evening.

C******** O’****, aged 39, of Scartbarry, Watergrasshill, County Cork, was remanded in custody to May 12 for sentencing.

The jury found her not guilty on 43 counts related to the alleged organisation of prostitution and the keeping of brothels at 26, John Street and 18, Grafton Street, Cork, on dates between January 2006 and May 2007 and there was failure to reach any verdict on 19 counts.

Judge Seán Ó Donnabháin refused to remand the accused on bail for sentencing and said he was differentiating between herself and her husband by remanding him on bail as he had pleaded guilty.

O’***** showed no visible reaction to her conviction for keeping brothels.

Defence senior counsel, Tom Creed, said yesterday, “This is one of the thinnest case I have ever seen put forward by the Director of Public Prosecutions.

“This is ultimately about money and they have followed the money trail and they have got their scalps. In terms of the prostitutes, no doubt those ladies will go somewhere else.

“This is a very successful operation by the gardaí and they are to be commended for their work.”

He reminded the jury that ***********, aged 53, who still faces sentence for his crimes, has pleaded guilty to organising prostitution and keeping the two brothels, and that the Criminal Assets Bureau had obtained a "significant" sum of money from him.

J******* *****, aged 41, of ************, Old Youghal Road, Cork, pleaded guilty to five counts of keeping brothels at 18, Grafton Street and 26, John Street on various dates in 2006 and 2007 and she will be sentenced on May 12, as will Linnane.

The prosecution dropped its prosecution of *********, aged 48, of *********, Ballyvolane, Cork, on Monday.

Blog Entries

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by seanief1980 View Post
    another pimp bites the dust

Evening Echo | Court finds woman guilty of organising prostitution in Cork

Court finds woman guilty of organising prostitution in Cork

23/04/2010 - 17:48:56

The woman accused of organising prostitution and keeping brothels was found guilty on seven charges of managing brothels at 5.30pm this evening.

C******** O’****, aged 39, of Scartbarry, Watergrasshill, County Cork, was remanded in custody to May 12 for sentencing.

The jury found her not guilty on 43 counts related to the alleged organisation of prostitution and the keeping of brothels at 26, John Street and 18, Grafton Street, Cork, on dates between January 2006 and May 2007 and there was failure to reach any verdict on 19 counts.

Judge Seán Ó Donnabháin refused to remand the accused on bail for sentencing and said he was differentiating between herself and her husband by remanding him on bail as he had pleaded guilty.

O’***** showed no visible reaction to her conviction for keeping brothels.

Defence senior counsel, Tom Creed, said yesterday, “This is one of the thinnest case I have ever seen put forward by the Director of Public Prosecutions.

“This is ultimately about money and they have followed the money trail and they have got their scalps. In terms of the prostitutes, no doubt those ladies will go somewhere else.

“This is a very successful operation by the gardaí and they are to be commended for their work.”

He reminded the jury that ***********, aged 53, who still faces sentence for his crimes, has pleaded guilty to organising prostitution and keeping the two brothels, and that the Criminal Assets Bureau had obtained a "significant" sum of money from him.

J******* *****, aged 41, of ************, Old Youghal Road, Cork, pleaded guilty to five counts of keeping brothels at 18, Grafton Street and 26, John Street on various dates in 2006 and 2007 and she will be sentenced on May 12, as will Linnane.

The prosecution dropped its prosecution of *********, aged 48, of *********, Ballyvolane, Cork, on Monday.
    Why didn't she plead guilty from the get-go-the stress from knowing you're going down, and harbouring that stress for close to 4 years would do my head in-how many times have she's been laughing and having a good time with friends only to be reminded you're going jail?

She was damned if she does, damned if she doesn't, but totaly stupid in thinking, like a lot of criminals do, in that the Guards are dumb, and can be beaten.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anitasizzle View Post
    Why didn't she plead guilty from the get-go-the stress from knowing you're going down, and harbouring that stress for close to 4 years would do my head in-how many times have she's been laughing and having a good time with friends only to be reminded you're going jail?

She was damned if she does, damned if she doesn't, but totaly stupid in thinking, like a lot of criminals do, in that the Guards are dumb, and can be beaten.
    How would she know she was going down???

Would you not pled not guilty if you thought there was a chance you would get off, or is that a difficult question???
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Reviews

In some parts, gardai actually work in assisting the pimps. Strange world. I mean, what exactly is the crime in keeping a brothel? You make money, which pays off your mortgage on the property and you make a few pund for yourself. We just gave 400million to Greece, we don't need the money. Bloody hell!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast