Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help Me, Computer Techies!

Reviews

Thanks for all the replies! I downloaded RivaTuner and saw that the GPU temperature was about 78 degrees Celsius when it shut down. Must be an overheating problem. I'll clean it out and add a couple of fans and see what happens

I really have no idea whatsoever as to what ye are talking about on this thread ?

Is it code or something ? arranging to meet in a dimly lit car park in south Leitrim for a bit of swinging/dogging ?

It is isnt it ?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Alec Horan View Post
    I really have no idea whatsoever as to what ye are talking about on this thread ?

Is it code or something ? arranging to meet in a dimly lit car park in south Leitrim for a bit of swinging/dogging ?

It is isnt it ?
    With all the trolls and shit stirrers about we had to come up with some sort of secret language, I wanted to show you Alec but the lads said you were a shit stirrer LOL

Quote Originally Posted by anon361 View Post
    With all the trolls and shit stirrers about we had to come up with some sort of secret language, I wanted to show you Alec but the lads said you were a shit stirrer LOL
    Who ? Me ?

Blog Entries

Yes, you................

"It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Quote Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post
    Thanks for all the replies! I downloaded RivaTuner and saw that the GPU temperature was about 78 degrees Celsius when it shut down. Must be an overheating problem. I'll clean it out and add a couple of fans and see what happens
    Sometimes happens that the cooler pops out of the chip, it is attached usually with couple clips and there is a special paste between the cooler and the surface of the chip, if there is even slightest air layer it doesn't transfer the heat to the cooler and than overheats easily.
    No fans or fridge would help you then. You need to get the new paste from the shop and reattach the cooler.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by pauli View Post
    Sometimes happens that the cooler pops out of the chip, it is attached usually with couple clips and there is a special paste between the cooler and the surface of the chip, if there is even slightest air layer it doesn't transfer the heat to the cooler and than overheats easily.
    No fans or fridge would help you then. You need to get the new paste from the shop and reattach the cooler.
    Thanks for that. I also underclocked my graphics card and jacked the fan speed up whenever I'm about to go gaming. So far, the system has been stable

Quote Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post
    Thanks for that. I also underclocked my graphics card and jacked the fan speed up whenever I'm about to go gaming. So far, the system has been stable
    That sounds Filthy !!!!

9. Default

Just a quick one, sometime vista likes to use its own mcrosoft version of the driver instead of the one that came with the graphics card - I had a similar issue with a wireless network card - go figure

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12