Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A part of our history, or a waste of money..........

Reviews

They withdrew it at $400,000. Get your chequebook out, Brian, you earn that in a week.

Reviews

If it is indeed one of the earliest surviving Irish flags then yes, as part of our heritage it should be preserved in an Irish museum but it's not like it's going to get damaged intentionally so whoever owns it I'm sure will protect and preserve it anyway.
    As for Cartmans comments, I don't know what your getting so uppity about, after all it's a Sinn Fein family selling it, paramilitary funding mustn't be as good as it used to be!!

Quote Originally Posted by cartman View Post
    you know nothing of our great historyand struggle....you hun cunt
    your rabid wild enthusiasm for erins freedom gives us all such a laugh- keep it up

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Thumbs down Fake?

I'd have serious doubts about its authenticity. If genuine, I think it should be in a museum, but I wouldn't like to see tax-payers money spent on it.

Galway corpo have flags / banners of the Tribes flying in Eyre Square and someone climbed a 12 ft pole at the weekend and took the Joyce one . Corpo are saying it costs €800 to €900 to replace! Now that's a waste of money. €800 for a f%$king polyester flag - nuts!

Blog Entries
    Reviews

And thanks to Luther and Westie for the non-stop entertainment! Many the night I fall asleep chuckling!

Reviews

What would be nice, is for one of the countries "wealthiest businessmen" putting their hand in their pockets and purchasing this piece of "history" for their country and donating it to the national museum as a gesture of thanks, for all the tax breaks and back handed deals they were allowed to do and the continuing "look the other way" attitude of the banks and the government.....

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Epsilon View Post
    What would be nice, is for one of the countries "wealthiest businessmen" putting their hand in their pockets and purchasing this piece of "history" for their country and donating it to the national museum as a gesture of thanks, for all the tax breaks and back handed deals they were allowed to do and the continuing "look the other way" attitude of the banks and the government.....
    I would'nt imagine that those boyos got where they are and got us where we are by having the national interest at heart.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by carlos marvado View Post
    I would'nt imagine that those boyos got where they are and got us where we are by having the national interest at heart.
    Thats why i said it would be nice... wouldn't hold my breath though...

Reviews

Thumbs up the flags a fake

They tried to sell this in dublin 4 years ago
    The reason its not selling is its a fake.
    This is an image of the other flag which flew alongside the tricolour above.

Two flags were hoisted on the flag poles on either end of the GPO roof: the tricolour at the right corner at Henry Street and a green flag with the inscription 'Irish Republic' at the left corner at Princess Street. A short time later, Pearse read the Proclamation of the Republic outside the GPO
    wiki

It has over a dozen bullets holes in it and blast damgae on its side
    The flag they are trying to sell is undamaged and in perfect condition.
    Its a scam.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

hi luter,
    if the is orginal then it is part of our nations history, but, heres the rub, is it orginal? seems to be some doubt on that score

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast