Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Why do people want to fight

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lovely but busy.....
    Posts
    1,071

    Default Why do people want to fight

    when they are wearing their beer coats ??

    I was in Wrights last night and this girls is falling about on her rubber legs after too many scoops.

    When I put my hand out to stop her from banging into another girl she gets all arsey and starts squaring up.

    Thankfully the guy I was with was built like a barn door so it wasn't a problem, but why do people do this ?

    Do they think they have super-powers or something ? What makes people so nasty after alcohol ? I shall never understand it.

    T
    xxx

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    where ever i may roam
    Posts
    4,872
    Reviews
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor of Manchester View Post
    when they are wearing their beer coats ??

    I was in Wrights last night and this girls is falling about on her rubber legs after too many scoops.

    When I put my hand out to stop her from banging into another girl she gets all arsey and starts squaring up.

    Thankfully the guy I was with was built like a barn door so it wasn't a problem, but why do people do this ?

    Do they think they have super-powers or something ? What makes people so nasty after alcohol ? I shall never understand it.

    T
    xxx
    whats in a nasty person when he or she is sober always comes out in them when they are drunk ....i always think that and you will find on st patricks night it will be the same more fights after the pub sad really life is so short

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lovely but busy.....
    Posts
    1,071

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
    whats in a nasty person when he or she is sober always comes out in them when they are drunk ....i always think that and you will find on st patricks night it will be the same more fights after the pub sad really life is so short
    I am heading home for St Pats for that very reason. Too scary for me!!

    T
    xxx

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    where ever i may roam
    Posts
    4,872
    Reviews
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor of Manchester View Post
    I am heading home for St Pats for that very reason. Too scary for me!!

    T
    xxx
    i dont blame you at all i wont be out that day or night myself just going to chill at home with a few german beers and i will only have a few as i am working the next morning anyway who need trouble in there life take good care taylor xxx

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    facebook
    Posts
    1,110
    Reviews
    49

    Default

    I'm staying in. Too dangerous an not enough guards. they're too busy annoying the independents!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    here,there and everywhere
    Posts
    655
    Reviews
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
    i dont blame you at all i wont be out that day or night myself just going to chill at home with a few german beers and i will only have a few as i am working the next morning anyway who need trouble in there life take good care taylor xxx
    It's one day and night to stay and one day and night to be ashamed to be irish when you see the behaviour of some of our fellow citizens.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    where ever i may roam
    Posts
    4,872
    Reviews
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by espensen View Post
    I'm staying in. Too dangerous an not enough guards. they're too busy annoying the independents!
    LOL yeah and the tax and insurance great aren't they

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    where ever i may roam
    Posts
    4,872
    Reviews
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oneeyedreilly View Post
    It's one day and night to stay and one day and night to be ashamed to be irish when you see the behaviour of some of our fellow citizens.
    thats unfortunately very true hey man look on the bright side what you would normally spend that night you could very easly go see a nice escort instead that what harry callahan recommends

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,395

    Default

    Fighting isn't such a bad thing at all. It's a primitive and instinctual thing, it's natural.

    Long ago there was a respectable Irish culture of fistfighting. My dad got into a few fights. They weren't ever trying to knock someone's teeth out or hurt them badly, god no, just slugging it out to see who bait who. Now you have knives, you would NEVER have knives back then.

    We're competetive by nature. Sure hurling and soccer are good competetive sports, but you'd be a fool to think they were somehow more refined or "better" than a pure fight. Apes fight all the time, just for fun. They can also pick up stones and try to bash each other over the head with them, but they extremely rarely do that in their own group.

    And it's probably the trying to suppress and disallow that instinctive flame of fighting that causes a lot of these deadly and completely stupid "fights" in the end. People want to let it out somehow. The closest thing we probably have that's widespread is boxing clubs. I'd actually be interested in joining a boxing or karate club, some sort of fighting club.

    So I think fighting itself isn't such a bad thing, it's only when alcohol etc. is involved that it gets so terrible and disgusting and frightening.
    Last edited by nicegirlsarenice; 14-03-10 at 18:24.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    where ever i may roam
    Posts
    4,872
    Reviews
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nicegirlsarenice View Post
    Fighting isn't such a bad thing at all. It's a primitive and instinctual thing, it's natural.

    Long ago there was a respectable Irish culture of fistfighting. My dad got into a few fights. They weren't ever trying to knock someone's teeth out or hurt them badly, god no, just slugging it out to see who bait who. Now you have knives, you would NEVER have knives back then.

    We're competetive by nature. Sure hurling and soccer are good competetive sports, but you'd be a fool to think they were somehow more refined or "better" than a pure fight. Apes fight all the time, just for fun. They can also pick up stones and try to bash each other over the head with them, but they extremely rarely do that in their own group.

    And it's probably the trying to suppress and disallow that instinctive flame of fighting that causes a lot of these deadly and completely stupid "fights" in the end. People want to let it out somehow. The closest thing we probably have that's widespread is boxing clubs. I'd actually be interested in joining a boxing or karate club, some sort of fighting club.

    So I think fighting itself isn't such a bad thing, it's only when alcohol etc. is involved that it gets so terrible and disgusting and frightening.
    well nicegirls if you want to join a club try judo thats great for keeping fit and self defence i done a black belt in judo fuck nearly 20 years ago but it was great sport boxing and karate wasent my cup of tea althought i have done karate i found judo more good if you were in trouble thank god i never had too much trouble as i always like to avoid those situations

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •