Thread: Mia Doring on the “Episode” podcast with Richie Sadlier

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

No extortionate accomodation costs to pay, no dodgy landlords to deal with etc, no having to do things she wasn't comfortable with that she didn't create for herself accidentally or on purpose.

Not just relatively privileged in relation to people entering the industry, my point is that she was privileged in the type of clients that she could attract. She wasn't getting the dregs, she was meeting what you and I would class as normal people or she at least could have been meeting them. I don't buy that she was abused beyond her own making.

The only part of it I do buy is that she was previously raped and traumatised and somehow ended up in the industry like how people end up in the party life continuing a cycle of abuse and self abuse, but I reckon it was with herself and demons who didn't exist.

Lots of people who were abused do end up in sex work, I don't doubt that. For lots of reasons, some because they know they can do it, they're at a loss, they were stunted earlier on and are playing catch up now, led into it by a dodgy partner, etc, etc, many reasons.

I have sympathy for it up to a point, she was raped by someone at some stage who wasn't a punter, she was traumatised, she was young, but don't going interfering with other sex workers abilities to manage, control or keep safe their sexual situations.

She's lost me at that and at her farcical tale of abuse in the industry.

Anyhow, I shouldn't even read these, I promised myself to ignore all things political...give me peace 🙏🏼 I just saw her face, read her nonsense and sparked.
    Help Keyla fight her cancer battle. Please donate to >>

https://gofund.me/8e340537

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IrishSarahBarra For This Useful Post:

oddball (27-05-24), OpenMindOllie (01-06-24)