Thread: Mia Doring on the “Episode” podcast with Richie Sadlier

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Reviews

"I still find it hard to swallow her piece entirely - how much money does someone chase if they loathe it and are only using their income as disposable cash, and are not funding a drug dependency/alcohol addiction etc?"

I'm struck by the number of overseas ladies (i can't comment on anyone else) who are doing for monetary reasons and often quite well defined ones who will spend huge sums on designer clothes / bags etc. That is not me being judgemental although it may sound like that but it seems a hard way to see maybe 7/8 people minimum to buy something that gets put in the back of the closet and make that initial goal a little bit further away. Money is a means to validate yourself and at the same time for some it is also a reminder of how they have gotten it.

I was/am a heavy gambler. I grew up around horse racing people and a set that loved to plot and gamble. I know that nothing is so dangerous as having a big win. It's spectacularly easy to give the money back in minutes to the bookmaker or just as easy to buy something stupid with it. Money does funny things to people and their judgements no matter who they are especially money they feel was not earned "properly". I spent 35 years from my first bet to a few years ago learning that. For the record any money you've earned honestly through your efforts physically or mentally is "proper" money in my book.

In terms of vulnerability I saw someone about two months ago that left me deeply disturbed. I'm talking someone deeply unhappy, isolated and lonely. I'm pretty certain she had given birth within the last 6 months. Maybe she had just had a bad client or was missing home. What does one do then? One definitely decides there is no point in continuing what you had intended. One asks "are you ok" but are really hoping that the answer is anything but "no I'm terrible". One asks "am I the only person who has seen this" amidst the glowing reviews. One goes "why the f@@k am I feeding the machine?". One knows why they are feeding the machine but maybe that is not good enough. "Hard cases make bad laws" I tell myself. Yeah right.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Harry68 For This Useful Post:

IrishSarahBarra (26-05-24)