Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: bill cullen

Reviews

WHoran
    re: Douple-speak. I was pointing out that you cannot compare Irish emigration to the new world or UK with what has happened here in last 10 years its completely different both in scale and timeframe and context. You not comparing like and like.
    If irish are displacing native workers elsewhere then the native workers have the right
    to be pissed off. Illegal Irish where recently deported from USA.

Luther
    I don't like your tone "more BS" and "utter crap"
    In Australia and Canada employers cannot get a work permit for an skilled immgrant unless
    They have looked in country and proven that there is no-one in country that can do job.
    The story you tell was 3 years ago before the credit crunch everything has changed utterly.
    Little thing called the "credit crunch" greatest recession since WW2.
    The story I told is a multi-National conspired with an agency to fill an vacancy at height of recession with an immigrant engineer who they are in fact exploiting.
    They paying him 10 grand less than the going rate on a shit temp. contract when I know that there are many Irish engineers unemployed in this field. The company did not even look
    in Ireland, they went to the agency and sent "no Irish" get us a foreginer who will
    work for peanuts. Many Business are doing this all over Ireland since the recession
    has started. Some of these recruitment agencies are total scum.
    I say this with my own eyes its true and I am show everyone here can find similar stories.
    Are you anti-Irish? Be a differnt story if you where going for one of thse jobs
    or you had to live on minmal wage! and are saying a highly skilled Irish worker has to work for min wage because they have to complete with a worker from the former soviet republic of Yugo-slovakia etc.

Again the frontline story was about the fact that there is massive youth unemployment.
    and some irish are emigrating.
    The facts are again
    1BIG CRAZY FAKE BOOM
    2TOO MANY IMMIGrants 500,000 plus in less than a decade.
    3BIG CRAZY REAL CRASH
    4IRISH NOW BEING DISPLACED BY IMMIGRANTS
    5REDUCTION IN IMMIGRANT NUMBERS REQUIRED.

got it get it 80% of irish people want this but most of the media and our so-called TDs
    won't even talk about the big elephant in room. The frontline show was an excellant example
    it was not even mentioned and not one immigrant in audience.
    Immigrants can be divided into various groups legal and illegal, legat and illegat.
    Constructive and benefcial to complete parasites. There are two main groups.

EU immigrants (lawbiding)
    We need laws that say that Irish jobs should be for Irish workers first.
    Its not acceptable that Irish workers who have to live raise and families in IReland
    have to complete with Yugo-slovakians. There is an serious Ecomoic divide in EU
    which needs to be corrected in long term . Until all areas of the EU have more or less in same ballpark econmic in relative terms. There needs to be some tighter controls here.
    Complicated matter!!!!!!!

Others immigrants.
    I Sugest We declare an immigrant emergency and seek to deport at least 50,000
    immigrants When deporting the immigrants we should Obvious aim to get rid of the worst elements ,illegals, Crimnals, Frausters, "fragelent asylem seekers 90%" NON-Eu workers who did not come here on work permits, the ones that came on student visas and started working like that chinese brothel owner we where talking about last week. that should fill the quota. Deporting these elements would act as a stimlus to the econmoy
    Asylum system could be scrapped thats 80 million right there that could be spent
    on us the IRISH. Its not going to happen is it?, even thou most people want it. As a result of politcal correct liberl weak democracy is too weak to defend itself and the Irish
    population are being displaced from there own country.

Blog Entries

Default Well.....

Quote Originally Posted by whiteknight111 View Post
    Luther
    I don't like your tone "more BS" and "utter crap"
    That doesn't surprise me, you may have even told me that before............

In Australia and Canada employers cannot get a work permit for an skilled immgrant unless
    They have looked in country and proven that there is no-one in country that can do job.
    We're not in Canada or Australia are we???

And the people I'm talking about don't require work permits.........

The story you tell was 3 years ago before the credit crunch everything has changed utterly.
    Little thing called the "credit crunch" greatest recession since WW2.
    Yes, of course things have changed, but what do you suggest, the non nationals who have held these jobs for the last 3 years be sacked and sent home so that Irish people can take up the jobs???

The story I told is a multi-National conspired with an agency to fill an vacancy at height of recession with an immigrant engineer who they are in fact exploiting.
    They paying him 10 grand less than the going rate on a shit temp. contract when I know that there are many Irish engineers unemployed in this field. The company did not even look
    in Ireland, they went to the agency and sent "no Irish" get us a foreginer who will
    work for peanuts. Many Business are doing this all over Ireland since the recession
    has started. Some of these recruitment agencies are total scum.
    Then that's the fault of the mulit-national and the agency, not the person who got the job.........

You're blaming the people who are getting the jobs here. If there's a problem it's with the system not the people who took up jobs because the system allowed them to.........

I say this with my own eyes its true and I am show everyone here can find similar stories.
    Are you anti-Irish? Be a differnt story if you where going for one of thse jobs
    or you had to live on minmal wage! and are saying a highly skilled Irish worker has to work for min wage because they have to complete with a worker from the former soviet republic of Yugo-slovakia etc.
    No, I'm not anti-Irish, I'm anti-bullshit..........

And how do you know I wasn't one of the people going for one of those jobs???

How do you know I don't work for minimum wage???

Or less???
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by nicegirlsarenice View Post
    Tough shit? Tough shit????

We were the ones who were telling you all along that we couldn't support the immigrants. We were the ones who said to stop letting them into the fucking country. We were the ones who were saying that we'd find it very hard to get them out once they were here.

And now you say "tough shit", what do you want to do about it?
    If the UK, United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and a host of other countries had taken that approach for the past 200 years, there would be 50 plus million of us on this God forsaken rock.........we would be the Haiti of Europe.

Reviews

No job should be filled unless a employer can prove that there is no Irish available.

Recruitment Agencies and certain elements Of the Irish upper class
    have engaged in active consipry to displace Irish workers for their profits.

Just two stories
    I am contracter and one of the last places I worked in An enginneer postion came up
    The company did not advertise in ireland in the middle of the recession
    They went to a recuritment agency and got a eastern european engineer(25,000 a year)
    on tempory contract how they can treat like shit
    instead of an Irish engineer(35,000 a year) on a permant contract
    Any employer with an ounce of intelligence will take the Eastern European EU citizen willing to work for €25,000 over the Irish person demanding €35,000 to get their complacent ass out of bed each morning. If we want to make this country competitive again and attract employment here then we need to seriously reduce the cost base. Over the past decade, Irish universities have produced tens of thousands of celtic tiger cubs who think it is their birthright to fall out of night clubs every night into well paid jobs the next morning. I don't blame them necessarily, the gobshites who ran the show and f**ked it all up also built every body's expectations sky high. Now the chickens are all coming home to roost.

My suggestion is a very simple one..........we don't need less foreign workers............we need a lot more of them. Why not do a people swap with Poland, Lithuania, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Romania ect. We'll take 1 million of yours and you take 1 million of ours. The Eastern Europeans will help us to make Ireland Inc a competitive functioning economy again and the 1 million Irish in the East will get a "real world education".

Blog Entries

Default You are kdding me right?

Quote Originally Posted by luther View Post
    The Irish working for the same rate of pay as other people here???
    so if i go for a job i am expected to work for as little as some foreigners are working? Why should i devalue my abilities? Cant the foreigner up his / her value?

no way,
    Westside.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by carlos marvado View Post
    Any employer with an ounce of intelligence will take the Eastern European EU citizen willing to work for €25,000 over the Irish person demanding €35,000 to get their complacent ass out of bed each morning. If we want to make this country competitive again and attract employment here then we need to seriously reduce the cost base. Over the past decade, Irish universities have produced tens of thousands of celtic tiger cubs who think it is their birthright to fall out of night clubs every night into well paid jobs the next morning. I don't blame them necessarily, the gobshites who ran the show and f**ked it all up also built every body's expectations sky high. Now the chickens are all coming home to roost.

My suggestion is a very simple one..........we don't need less foreign workers............we need a lot more of them. Why not do a people swap with Poland, Lithuania, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Romania ect. We'll take 1 million of yours and you take 1 million of ours. The Eastern Europeans will help us to make Ireland Inc a competitive functioning economy again and the 1 million Irish in the East will get a "real world education".
    Sounds like Stalinism?
    The postion was for a senior enginerr thats 4 years in collage and 10 years plus experince
    If you pay engineer just over min wage whats they incentive to study and
    take on all the repsonabality an engineer has. An engineer has 10 times the workload
    of a cleaner I would say depending on what they working ona nd where.
    Your not going to get very good engineers if you pay them that.
    The EE engineer in this case leaves his wife and kids in JUgo-slovkia and lives here
    like a monk and goes home on ryanair oonce a month or so. And by the way no-one in the office held it against him personnel he has welcomed with open arms although someone brought in up in a meeting one day when things got a bit heated. Whats the irish engineer on dole supposed to do
    immigrate to Jugo-slovkia. its fucked up sit.

Mass population movement STALIN 101 Showing your true colours there

I am all for Reducing cost base and competive but reducing the money you pay skilled people
    to the same as unskilled is insanity.
    Skiled workers have to be rewarded for they work.

As for the celtic cubs and the gobshites running this country You right there thats for sure!
    I think the sheer suddenness of the recression is a factor in there shock
    that said I think historcal speaking maybe all recressions are sudden.

People should have saved even when I give my dog a bone he buries it even if his hungary.

Reviews

Ya its says 18400 irish emigrated whats your point AH.

anyway you use stats to prove anything 74.6% of people know that.

I prefer Xenophobia and paranioa and wild speclation.

Blog Entries

Default Are you for real???

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    so if i go for a job i am expected to work for as little as some foreigners are working? Why should i devalue my abilities? Cant the foreigner up his / her value?

no way,
    Westside.
    What makes you think you are worth more then them???

What makes you think you should be paid more than a non-national with the same qualifications to do the same job???
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Blog Entries

Default There are two options

Quote Originally Posted by luther View Post
    What makes you think you are worth more then them???

What makes you think you should be paid more than a non-national with the same qualifications to do the same job???
    (a) i work for what i have being paid all along.

or

(b) i work for less than i have being paid all along.

Which one would anyone choose? The question you should be asking is, what makes a non national think they have to devalue themselves more than a resident with the same qualifications?

By the way i am no better or no worse than anyone else but i stand up for myself a lot more than most do.

Westside.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast