Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Leo steppin down

Is Leos generation too soft- they dont make em like they used to.

Enda Kenny stood defiant to the end and didnt bow to the vultures,

I think Leo ultimately does'nt care what people think- he's happy to have his money made and set for life,

Im not inclined to criticise him overly for that but maybe he could have shown a bit more backbone.
    A dangerous weakness of mine- "an attraction for fast women and slow horses"

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by TheFalcon View Post
    Is Leos generation too soft- they dont make em like they used to.

Enda Kenny stood defiant to the end and didnt bow to the vultures,

I think Leo ultimately does'nt care what people think- he's happy to have his money made and set for life,

Im not inclined to criticise him overly for that but maybe he could have shown a bit more backbone.
    Enda was a tough Mayo man and Leo a big soft Indian man, have been to India a few times and theyre great bunch of lads who give the most amazing massages on the planet but theyre bit soft, bit jumpy.
    Not a good legacy for him but hey, he get some mega pensions and perks courtesy of yous the Irish people and get a state funeral too so its dont feel too sorry for Leo

3. The Following User Says Thank You to WeeJimmy For This Useful Post:

TheFalcon (29-03-24)

Simon Coveney has stepped down now. Did he jump before he was pushed?

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup2023 View Post
    Simon Coveney has stepped down now. Did he jump before he was pushed?
    I'm telling ya, politicians around the world are jumping ship and getting out of power over the last year or two because they know that shit is about to hit the fan big style. Between COVID revelations, a pseudo-WW3, a giant financial reckoning, and the American election, some real nasty shit is coming this year and they don't wanna be in charge when it hits.
    Get your life in order as best you can by the summer of this year, cos all bets are off come autumn...
    Last edited by DamoEI; 02-04-24 at 19:58.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DamoEI For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (02-04-24)

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DamoEI View Post
    I'm telling ya, politicians around the world are jumping ship and getting out of power over the last year or two because they know that shit is about to hit the fan big style. Between COVID revelations, a pseudo-WW3, a giant financial reckoning, and the American election, some real nasty shit is coming this year and they don't wanna be in charge when it hits.
    Get your life in order as best you can by the summer of this year, cos all bets are off come autumn...

Quote Originally Posted by StevB View Post
    The Ukrainians and Palestinians say hello.

9. Default

We do need competent people as politicians yet the job has become so stressful and toxic a lot of good people are leaving.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

I'm mystified as to how many ministers in a party in government are all giving up and walking away!!!
    The results of the next general election will be groundbreaking in every way.
    No doubt we will see huge change in a way that the people have never voted before. The fact that the
    traditional parties don't see a need for change in the system says it all. Also Simon is being thrown under
    a bus by his party colleagues. FG have realised they cannot solve what they have created & have no desire
    too.
    I have too much wisdom to keep to myself,
    so I share my wisdom with everyone.
    Not my fault nobody listens to me.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by whiteball View Post
    I'm mystified as to how many ministers in a party in government are all giving up and walking away!!!
    The results of the next general election will be groundbreaking in every way.
    No doubt we will see huge change in a way that the people have never voted before. The fact that the
    traditional parties don't see a need for change in the system says it all. Also Simon is being thrown under
    a bus by his party colleagues. FG have realised they cannot solve what they have created & have no desire
    too.
    I don't think its as simple as that! All the opinion polls over the past few years show little variation really, a few points here, a few points there, no major swing. FF and FG combined have more support than the Shinners in the last big opinion poll. Change won't happen, everybody waffles about 'change' and nothing much changes. Mick Wallace and Clare Daly waffled about change and combatting corruption and now both of them are on the big gravy train in Brussles doing sweet F all. I've been around too long. Simon had his chance, Leo beat him, he knows he has his day, time for him to move on anyway.

At the end of the day it's us the people that vote, we can't blame anybody else for whatever politicians are elected.

Simon Harris is the new taoiseach. He wins the vote 88-69. The youngest taoiseach ever. So from now on its going to be simon said.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ketchup2023 For This Useful Post:

64west (09-04-24), Barney Rubble (09-04-24), Palatine (09-04-24), StevB (09-04-24)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast