Thread: Limerick city. Living and working there.

1. Default Limerick city. Living and working there.

Hi all. I'm moving to Limerick city after being out of the country for a few years working. I'm going to be looking for an apartment in the city for to rent for 6 to 12 months before I find somewhere I can buy permanently. I will have the need for some female company from time to time, either I go to them or they come to me. So from the ladies that work in the city and the guys who live in the city or visit often, what general areas in the city are nice safe places to live/rent and where do you ladies feel safe staying and traveling to? Also let me know where you wouldn't advise. It's been a long time since I was in Limerick an I know things change and where used to be nice and safe a few years ago may now not be and vice versa. Like the Dock Road used to be a bad spot to be, and I know a young woman lost her life there last year, is it still a bad area? I know there are a lot of apartment blocks around there. I just don't trust estate agents so looking for information from the people on the ground. You guys. Feel free to message me directly if you don't want to comment here.
    Thanks in advance.
    J.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jackthelad82 For This Useful Post:

clarelad (06-04-24)

Reviews

Don’t know Limerick but my suggestion would be to speak with a Garda . Leave out the visiting part maybe 😁.They won’t speak on the record but if you know one socially it’s good. I was in exact same position as you when I returned to Ireland and was looking to buy in Dublin in early 2000s having been outside Ireland for guts of decade and never having lived here. A cousin based in Store Street at the time was very helpful including warning off a street where a well known criminal lived at the time.

I’m sure some Limerick lads will be better on specifics for there.

I don’t envy you.

Reviews

Rent where ever you can find a place Raheen and castletroy good bets loads of different apts in city centre. The lovely ladies are spread around a lot down by the pizza place
    More over by the famous night dclub the rest would be in between those areas down the side streets
    Limerick is very quiet in city centre now
    Pm for more information

5. Default

Thanks for the replies so far. Anyone else with anything to add?

Moved to Galway or Cork 🫢

7. Default

There are growing social problems in Castletroy. Renting wise you are not exactly blessed with options but I would say Dooradoyle/Raheen area is best bet

Reviews

Raheen,fr Russell rd mungret perfect locations lots out there plenty walks out around nice park pub fast food restaurants easy access to motorway
    """"Don't piss into the wind you will get wet""""