Thread: The problems with mental health

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by AliceEvans View Post
    Very intelligent post.
    I believe that everyone suffers with mental health in some way, in some area of ​​life at least, but many people refuse to seek help or admit it.
    Admitting that you are not well is already a big step and you need to have the courage to recognize that something is consuming you in a way that has caused you harm.
    I partially agree when I said that nothing will ever be the same again, but I don't see it as a bad thing, this can be wonderful, it can only be bad if you don't look for a better version of yourself, nothing stays the same in this life, we just have to look around and notice that everything around changes, the sea tide for example has high and low days, the 4 seasons, it's like that with nature and it will be like that with us.
    If you think you are going to have treatment and this treatment is limited to going to a psychologist, having a diagnosis, having therapeutic guidance and eventually using medication and stopping symptoms? No, unfortunately that's not what therapy is.
    Did it catch fire? This will put out the fire, but rebuilding the wiring will depend on you.

So the person can say like this:

"There is! But I just want to go back to how I was before “…

But that's not the intention of therapy, therapy won't make you go back to the way you were before. THERAPY WILL HELP YOU build a new person who will not accumulate so much mental trash that triggered this illness.

It's totally different, and this is an active process, therapy can help you, but you will have to allow yourself to do so.

Remember, the goal is not to return to the past, but rather to blossom into a new version of yourself. More resilient, fully aware.
    very good advice . it's not returning to what you were before but building and adapting into the future. I think that the medical profession are waaaaaay behind in understanding mental illness and how to treat it .

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Blue60 For This Useful Post:

AmorInfinito8 (09-03-24)