Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: George Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Notatwork View Post
    "No Frontiers with Katryn Thomas"hey not a bad result, alot better than leinster house.

at least on no frontiers they know what direction they are going in

Fair dues to George at least he took the plunge. He wasnt happy to be a hurler on the ditch and knew when he was banging his head against a brick wall. Nuff said

Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. ~Plato

When I was a boy I was told that anybody could become President; I'm beginning to believe it. ~Clarence Darrow

Any American who is prepared to run for president should automatically, by definition, be disqualified from ever doing so. ~Gore Vidal

Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. ~Ronald Reagan

Blog Entries

Default Sorry Alec.......

Quote Originally Posted by Alec Horan View Post
    Fair dues to George at least he took the plunge. He wasnt happy to be a hurler on the ditch and knew when he was banging his head against a brick wall. Nuff said
    But as far as I'm concerned, he was in the game, opted out and is now a hurler in the ditch again......

It's a lot easier to be on the outside shouting in about what's wrong that to be on the inside trying to fix it...............

I think he took the easy option..........

I don't think he has been a fair repersentetive of the people who elected him, I don't think he's been fair to them for bowing out so soon. If he was serious about it, he would have given it a better go.........

"Nobody would listen to me"................boo frecking hoo.............

Seriously, how easy did he think it was going to be, waltz into politics, get elected and fix everything overnight???
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

I still tend to have some sympathy for the man - Yes he is now on the outside looking in, but if he honestly felt he wasnt listened to and couldnt achieve anything then whats the point in going on.

He is obviously not a career politician , unlike so many, for that I say Bravo.

He has his principles, which is quite unusual for a politician methinks.

I have a feeling there is a lot more to it , but I have my doubts about wether we will get to hear the full story for a while, if ever.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123