Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Gobsh*ite

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by john_calling View Post
    Agree.. 100% The Greens are actually the one party that has a clearly defined purpose, worldwide.
    I couldn't tell you what FF or FG stand for.

I can't help thinking people hate him because, well, people need their way of life too much.

I don't envy politicians. I think it's a horrible job. It's a massive personal sacrifice.
    I get what your saying, but don't fully subscribe. A politician at the level to be getting widespread abuse is usually in a decent position and not by mistake. They make good money and knew what they were getting into.

I also understand why people would get angry at politicians. If they are pushing policies that are helping them with their capatalistic goals, skirting the lines of corruption and jobs/deals for the boys types.

But Ryan is as nomal as they come, used to own a bike store and had no family or political connections before getting into politics. Is very passionate about helping the envionment. Actually has clear policies and makes sure the Greens do the things he promises his party will do. As well as performing at a very very high level internationally. He's even pro weed!

Like, is that not what people want from their government? Are people lumping him and the Greens with the other 2 parties? Or is it people who are really anti-environment or pro-car? I just don't see what makes him so special to get people so worked up vs some of the other numpties we have in Government. I'd love an explination

2. Default

Fair enough. Don't get me wrong, I bitch and moan about politicians too, (don't get me started on Trump, although he's a different beast).
    We're lucky we live in a country where we don't get killed for doing it!

I'm on your page here though, I can't quite see why Eamon Ryan gets such high levels of abuse. I definitely don't see him as the grifter, opportunistic populist type, and when I see such attacks happening I can't help but to jump onto the other side of the argument and try and defend in someway the whole profession, to try and get some balance back in there. There's just SO much hatred and negativity around now. We're living in a crazy angry world. We have to give air to the counter argument.

I don't usually get involved in these online conversations to be honest. It's generally a pointless waste of energy in my opinion. The truth is, (I think), people use online forums to literally just scream and shout into the void and let off steam that they can't seem to vent anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by FullIrish View Post
    I get what your saying, but don't fully subscribe. A politician at the level to be getting widespread abuse is usually in a decent position and not by mistake. They make good money and knew what they were getting into.

I also understand why people would get angry at politicians. If they are pushing policies that are helping them with their capatalistic goals, skirting the lines of corruption and jobs/deals for the boys types.

But Ryan is as nomal as they come, used to own a bike store and had no family or political connections before getting into politics. Is very passionate about helping the envionment. Actually has clear policies and makes sure the Greens do the things he promises his party will do. As well as performing at a very very high level internationally. He's even pro weed!

Like, is that not what people want from their government? Are people lumping him and the Greens with the other 2 parties? Or is it people who are really anti-environment or pro-car? I just don't see what makes him so special to get people so worked up vs some of the other numpties we have in Government. I'd love an explination

3. The Following User Says Thank You to john_calling For This Useful Post:

FullIrish (19-02-24)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by john_calling View Post
    Fair enough. Don't get me wrong, I bitch and moan about politicians too, (don't get me started on Trump, although he's a different beast).
    We're lucky we live in a country where we don't get killed for doing it!

I'm on your page here though, I can't quite see why Eamon Ryan gets such high levels of abuse. I definitely don't see him as the grifter, opportunistic populist type, and when I see such attacks happening I can't help but to jump onto the other side of the argument and try and defend in someway the whole profession, to try and get some balance back in there. There's just SO much hatred and negativity around now. We're living in a crazy angry world. We have to give air to the counter argument.

I don't usually get involved in these online conversations to be honest. It's generally a pointless waste of energy in my opinion. The truth is, (I think), people use online forums to literally just scream and shout into the void and let off steam that they can't seem to vent anywhere else.
    Totally, I wan't having a dig at you. Or anyone else for that matter! I'm just genuinely puzzled why Eamon Ryan is the target?

Especially when we have so many nepo babie, grifters and scumbags in government. Like the Greens are fairly harmelss. If SF win the next election I'd love the Greens to get in again with a coalition. With the 2 ministries under their remit they've done great work and followed through on their campaign promises.

FF/FG are packed with business wanks that want nothing more than to keep housing prices going up and lining their pockets with favors and under the table deals.

What has Ryan actually done to earn the strong reactions?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234