Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gobsh*ite

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ladiesman217 View Post
    What in the name of god are you on about? What kinda crack are you smoking? And where can I get some?

Eh Nightshift... I'm clearly joking... I'm not actually looking for "anything"..... You know what that means, right? Joking? As in a joke? As in humour? Right?
    Your 'rant' about our politicians containing the 'F' word is unacceptable. Go away you horrible little man.

Reviews

There was a very good debate here about a week ago about politics in the north and a united Ireland. In a very civilized manner people put their points across. The mods closed it and they are letting this shit go on

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Benny123 For This Useful Post:

DamoEI (16-02-24), FullIrish (19-02-24), IrishSarahBarra (19-02-24)

Quote Originally Posted by Gobybicycle View Post
    Can't wait for cars to be out of Dublin city. Useless, waste of space.
    Hi Eamonn

Good to have you contributing on the boards
    " An empty sack can't stand "

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ORDINARYJOE For This Useful Post:

FullIrish (19-02-24)

Answer to the question. Yes, the person who started this thread.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by konus View Post
    Your 'rant' about our politicians containing the 'F' word is unacceptable. Go away you horrible little man.
    Eh you clearly missed the part that said adults only on this site. "The 'F' word"? Are you fucking serious? Offended by 'the f word'? Get a grip.

Said politicians are reptiles btw. Soulless, greedy, apathetic scum. Which begs the question, what in the blue hell are you that you feel the need to defend them? I mean, why anyone would want to defend them is anyone's guess. Why defend a crowd of gremlins who've done nothing but piss on the people of the country they're supposed to lead, without even the courtesy of calling it rain?

Eh peeps, we need one of them capcha checks or whatever they're called. Clearly a robot has broken through.
    Last edited by ladiesman217; 16-02-24 at 18:49.
    ladiesman217: April 2009 to April 2024

Goodbye

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ladiesman217 For This Useful Post:

DamoEI (17-02-24)

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ladiesman217 View Post
    Eh you clearly missed the part that said adults only on this site. "The 'F' word"? Are you fucking serious? Offended by 'the f word'? Get a grip.

Said politicians are reptiles btw. Soulless, greedy, apathetic scum. Which begs the question, what in the blue hell are you that you feel the need to defend them? I mean, why anyone would want to defend them is anyone's guess. Why defend a crowd of gremlins who've done nothing but piss on the people of the country they're supposed to lead, without even the courtesy of calling it rain?

Eh peeps, we need one of them capcha checks or whatever they're called. Clearly a robot has broken through.
    Thank you. I'll finish with this request. Please describe your concept of an acceptable and ideal Government for this country. In simple terms 'what would you like to see', policy and personnel wise. You don't approve of what we have, so details of your 'alternative' will make interesting reading.
    Last edited by konus; 17-02-24 at 11:40. Reason: Typo

10. The Following User Says Thank You to konus For This Useful Post:

FullIrish (19-02-24)

Reviews

Eamon Ryan is living a billionaires lifestyle jet setting around the world with his entourage on our taxes , off to Brazil soon. When asked about his emission's he says he buys credits with our taxes but he does'nt want us to travel . He has 7 advisors totaling 800k a year. He needs to go

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rua For This Useful Post:

DamoEI (18-02-24), Nononsense111 (18-02-24)

Reviews

He's the minister for transport (which includes Energy which is essentially its own ministry), and environment.

Two/three of the most demanding ministries in the country. Of course he needs many advisors. The next minister/s for those offices will have the same amount of people working for them at least. Would you rather those posts have all the decisions and work done by 1 person?

-----

"Living a billionaires lifestyle" - We're sending one of our highest elected officials to a very important and fast growing market ripe for Irish exports. It's also home to the Amazon Rainforest, that forest helps stabilise the Earth’s climate system. Efforts to help efforts to halt deforestation are beyond important and are a current key topic when it comes to slowing global warming.

Eamon, in his role as Minister for the Environment and on a global level Europe's lead negotiator on climate finance has to go and travel to different parts of the world as part of his job. If it was Sinn Feinn or whoever in charge, would you not want them sending ministers out of the country?

-----

Diplomacy still works and is vital to our countries well-being. Here are some more reasons Eamon will be going away.

Ryan acted as the EU’s lead negotiator on climate finance throughout the conference at COP28 in which Ireland played a major role in the final negotiations of the agreement. The strongest agreement that is being put into effect in 30 years to stop the financing of fossil fuels on a global level.

COP28 serves as the formal meeting of the UNFCCC parties (Conference of the Parties, COP) to negotiate and agree on action on how to tackle climate change, limit emissions and halt global warming. The United Nations Climate Change Conferences are the world's highest decision-making body on climate issues and one of the largest international meetings in the world. Us being represented and having a voice on that level is fantastic.

Eamon also recently co-chaired the 2024 International Energy Agency (IEA) Ministerial.

So in terms of his reputation on a global scale, it's very high and he's well known as a savvy operator.

G20 is also in Brazil later this year where national ministers from the IEA’s member countries have agreed to start discussions with India on the Indian government’s request to become a full IEA member, recognising the country’s “strategic importance” in tackling global energy and climate challenges. This is huge and us having a minister there for it is mandatory, so it's well advised to do some scouting ahead.

-----

Why Paddy's Day? "The leader of the most powerful nation on earth will devote much of his working day to one of the smallest countries in Europe '' — facetime very few tiny countries get.

Paddys day is Ireland's most important time of year to reach out to partner Governments and Irish communities on every continent. We gain unprecedented and unbalanced (in comparison to our size) access to the world's leaders on this day.

In all, 36 representatives of the State will bring Ireland’s message to 74 cities in 44 countries.

Promotes and strengthens our links with the diaspora and business leaders, increases market access, boosts exports. Also promotes peace, stability, collaboration and relationships.

Without us doing things like this and taking action to be part of the global comunity we'd be fucked as a country.

-----

I'm genuinely curious how you'd prefer us to act on the world stage? If it was someone you voted for, what would you like them to do? Should we stop sending government officials abroad?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to FullIrish For This Useful Post:

IrishSarahBarra (19-02-24)

Reviews

I'm not even a huge fan of Ryan's, he's a great back bencher, but not a good speaker, which u need to be as head of a party.

But I don't know how else I'd want my minister for the Environment to act? Like if it was a SF minister, what would they do better/diffrent?

I'd love to know genuinely.

---

Also, why is there such hate towards Ryan of all ministers? The Greens have quietly gone about their business very well and delivered on campaig promises. While also performing extreamly well on a world-stage.

The other ministers are wankers and have lied and smugly went about their business, they have a track-record and reputation as pricks. Eamon is just a normal bloke with a good track record who is very pro enviornment (Which is not hard to cop, it's in the name of the party).

Is it just people really pro-cars? And that's the main issue?
    Last edited by FullIrish; 19-02-24 at 13:34.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to FullIrish For This Useful Post:

john_calling (19-02-24)

17. Default

Agree.. 100% Not a big fan of him at all, but the Greens are actually the one party that has a clearly defined purpose, worldwide.
    They just stand for one thing environmental protection, ideologically speaking. I couldn't tell you what FF or FG stand for.

I can't help thinking people hate him because, well, people need their way of life too much.
    Whatever way you cut things, our current way of life is in direct opposition the a healthy, clean environment, and changing our way of life is just REALLY f*cking hard, requires a massive amount of personal discomfort and requires REALLY good political leadership which ourselves, and the rest of the world just don't currently have.

I don't envy politicians. I think it's a horrible job, I'd hate to do it and I'd be no good at it. They're so hated and distrusted and it must be just absolutely impossible to get anything meaningful done with all the politics of hate and disrespect that surrounds them the whole frigging time. I don't know many politicians personally, but the one or two I do know are good people. They're in it for the right reasons and I support and highly respect them personally, (but disagree with their policies and won't vote for them ONLY because of that) but you just know when they're up against the RAGE and hatred of the masses it will eventually just wear them down completely, and I wonder about the long term effects on their own mental health. It's a massive personal sacrifice. They deserve respect.

As bad as some of our lot may be, as much as we may dislike their policies/actions, I don't feel strongly enough or brave enough to actually step up and take on their jobs. Those of you here who are SO enraged and disgusted by Eamon and his ilk, need to get out and start running for office. Ye obviously have the passion, go for it. Lets hear your alternative policies and if they're good I'll vote for you, but if all you're going to do is bitch and moan and shout all this hate at them with zero constructive criticism in any way, then, well, please just stop. What use is it? I just think you'd be a lot better off seeking professional help to manage your useless, pointless rage.

Quote Originally Posted by FullIrish View Post
    I'm not even a huge fan of Ryan's, he's a great back bencher, but not a good speaker, which u need to be as head of a party.

But I don't know how else I'd want my minister for the Environment to act? Like if it was a SF minister, what would they do better/diffrent?

I'd love to know genuinely.

---

Also, why is there such hate towards Ryan of all ministers? The Greens have quietly gone about their business very well and delivered on campaig promises. While also performing extreamly well on a world-stage.

The other ministers are wankers and have lied and smugly went about their business, they have a track-record and reputation as pricks. Eamon is just a normal bloke with a good track record who is very pro enviornment (Which is not hard to cop, it's in the name of the party).

Is it just people really pro-cars? And that's the main issue?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to john_calling For This Useful Post:

FullIrish (19-02-24)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast