Thread: 2017 Act review is three years late and counting...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

This is the Act which criminalises CLIENTS for the purchase of sex.

After any piece of new legislation is passed in this country there is usually a review of the legislation around two years later to see how it is working, how prosecutions have been going in court, basically to iron out any kinks in the wording of the Act.

The article is poorly worded and would lead you to believe that it is a review of sex work legislation, but no they are simply talking about that new act that criminalise clients.

What I will be interested to see in this is has there ever been successfully convicted case where the client did NOT ADMIT to paying for sex??? Because from any of the cases I have read about, obviously the Gardaí were not present when the cash exchange took place, in every case the client admits to the Garda after the clients has been apprehended coming from a known working apartment.

If the clients just denies denies denies, how can it even be brought to court? And no in this instance they do not have a right to check your phone at the scene or anything like that, literally the only evidence a garda can have here is where the client admits to paying for sex???

It will be interesting to see the findings of this review.
    Availablefor virtual fun, Happy to do custom videos or enq about my XXX video & voice note bundles!!!
    See my Stories here on EI!!
    WhatsApp 0830854334
    Also available for incall!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JennyIrish For This Useful Post:

Larrii (08-02-24), The Libertarian (07-02-24)