Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Michelle O'Neill

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by morelovin View Post
    Pearse and Connolly didn’t face the firing squad for 26 county republic. Ireland is a nation and our fellow citizens up north like Michelle O Neill and the countless that see the tricolour as their flag won’t take to kindly to southerners telling them they can’t be part of the Irish nation. Yet we’ll embrace when they might bring us some glory in sport. The hypocrisy stinks.
    Partition should never have happened but it did, and it's not reversible. You can't put the skin back on a peeled banana.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to konus For This Useful Post:

DamoEI (05-02-24)

Reviews

SINN FEIN so corrupt, does anyone think they really care about a UNITED IRELAND, NO, But its their trump card and their agenda to get them elected
    They been in power in the North for years and put the people on their knees.

And now they want the borders all open so Irish out and UNVETTED IMMIGRANTS in so there will be no Irish left, like in Donegal where Irish students are being kicked out of their accommodation to make way for immigrants, There just too many and no head nor tail to it

and now theyre going over to visit the Butcher Biden in America who is responsible for so many deaths, Watch O Neill smile and laugh and lick Biden's ass while his missiles and bombs kills 100s of innocent people, other NI parties have refused to go for this reason alone.
    SF HAVE NO MORALS, they are just in it for themselves and not the people
    They should change their name to Mé Féin
    Last edited by WeeJimmy; 05-02-24 at 10:24.

Quote Originally Posted by konus View Post
    Partition should never have happened but it did, and it's not reversible. You can't put the skin back on a peeled banana.
    There will be a referendum so it is reversible.

Quote Originally Posted by WeeJimmy View Post
    SINN FEIN so corrupt, does anyone think they really care about a UNITED IRELAND, NO, But its their trump card and their agenda to get them elected
    They been in power in the North for years and put the people on their knees.

And now they want the borders all open so Irish out and UNVETTED IMMIGRANTS in so there will be no Irish left, like in Donegal where Irish students are being kicked out of their accommodation to make way for immigrants, There just too many and no head nor tail to it

and now theyre going over to visit the Butcher Biden in America who is responsible for so many deaths, Watch O Neill smile and laugh and lick Biden's ass while his missiles and bombs kills 100s of innocent people, other NI parties have refused to go for this reason alone.
    SF HAVE NO MORALS, they are just in it for themselves and not the people
    They should change their name to Mé Féin
    Are you vetted? This non vetted argument is a load of shit. Do you know how someone is vetted?

Reviews

Are you vetted? This non vetted argument is a load of shit. Do you know how someone is vetted?
    I'M ENGLISH and vetted in everything I do, my national insurance number in UK shows now everything, my license and various reports show im vetted to the eyeballs, it aint a load of shit as there an agenda here and all across Europe and maybe you should tell that to Aishling Murphy's Parents etc about how vetting is a load of shit, look at that killer's history, shocking
    Last edited by WeeJimmy; 05-02-24 at 10:55.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to WeeJimmy For This Useful Post:

DamoEI (05-02-24)

Reviews

What a load of crap. And yes I'm vetted, I had to be vetted to work in government building, I have to be vetted to work with my kids sports teams. As for vetting internationally, can you decide tomorrow to wake up go to the airport buy a plane ticket and arrive in the US, Australia, Singapore etc without needing to be vetted and visa approved? No no you can't the have rules that prevent that. So why can Ireland stop unvetted people entering if it's good enough for others?.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to pegmyass85 For This Useful Post:

DamoEI (05-02-24)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
    Just wanna wish Michelle all the best tomorrow in Stormont, the first ever Nationalist First Minister !
    Tut tut, a sexy lass yet you don't post pics
    "I'm the leader of the pack which makes me such a lucky jack. And here they are, they're so appealing, OK dollies do your dealing."

I'd instinctively like to see a united Ireland. But when you start to drill on the details, it's more nuanced for me. Do I want an economic basketcase UI? No. Do I want an unstable UI where 1 in 6 of the population feel unwelcome and we have a kind of Irish Catalonia? No.

In the last 10 years, while the population has become culturally "Catholic" this hasn't translated into more support for a united Ireland.

This should concern people who want a UI and make them ask questions about their approach. Pretending unionism doesn't exist or can be ignored is what led to partition in the first place and republicans continue to wave away the reality of unionism. If anything, the tone of reconciliation of the late 90s and 00's is getting quieter. I hear people much more intolerant of any place for British identity in a united Ireland, and even here people have made the point that those of a British identity could either suck it up or fuck off back to Britain.

It's clear that about 30-35% of people will vote UI no matter what. 45-50% will vote UK no matter what. So for unionism to survive in the UK they only need to convince 1 in 5 of the "persuadables" to vote for the status quo. United Irelanders need to turn 80-90% of them. That's a high hurdle to clear in the foreseeable future.

Given many of those in that group will be from a culturally "Protestant" background, what needs to be done to secure their votes? And what messages will send them to vote No or Not Yet?

Unionism doesn't need to sell the union. We know what that looks like. Republicanism needs to sell its vision of what a UI looks like. And I'd suggest that the vision currently being presented by many is counterproductive to that ambition.
    Last edited by Palatine; 05-02-24 at 12:33.

12. Default

There will be a referendum so it is reversible.
    By law it will be two referendums on the same day, North & South. I think both will result in a 'no' vote.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ladiesman217 View Post

If a United Ireland is a possibility... I think the national anthem should be changed to 'Ireland's Call'.

1) Amhrán na bhFiann is f*cking depressing, and belongs in the arsehole of history.

2) Ireland's Call is less political/war-like than the above shite, and is actually uplifting and about standing together!

#FuckAmhranNaBhfiann
    Fuck Ireland's call. I'm quite happy with my countries national anthem. If the Northern Ireland wants to join the Republic of Ireland then they'll take out national anthem as well. Ridiculous to start changing who and what we are down to suit those who want to join us. They want to be part of the republic then be part of it not dictate to it

14. The Following User Says Thank You to pegmyass85 For This Useful Post:

DamoEI (05-02-24)

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast