Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Michelle O'Neill

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by DamoEI View Post
    I'm from the west of Ireland, born and bred. I grew up around tons of refugees from Belfast and Derry, and all they ever did was throw their weight around and whinge constantly about what was going on in the North. Well I couldn't care less about the North. I've never been there and I have no plans to go there. I've as much kinship with Nordies as I do with Scots or English.

We all know what will happen if the North joins the Republic - all that baggage will come too, and there'll be a whole new set of problems. There'll be a demand to change the flag, the anthem, the curriculum, and any resistance will be called "an outrage". We'll have to listen to ye bang on about whose parade should go where, and riots in every city in Ireland when the Orangemen decide they should be allowed to have a parade in Limerick or Galway now.

I'm not opposed to a United Ireland, I just don't give a shit. I didn't grow up feeling like I was missing any part of my identity, I knew my country and I was fine with it. Nationalism is a dirty word now in globalist Ireland anyway, so the whole thing just rings hollow to me. Let's all be unified under the Davos ruling elite, hurray!

(And spare me your "West Brits" bullshit, I can trace my family way back in Munster so I don't need to justify my Irishness to someone from the North, of all places.)
    "Someone from the North, of all places " you say at the end of your post. Why the North of all places ?

Do I have to justify my Irishness BECAUSE I am from the North ?

Are you a Munster man ? The reason I ask is that I usually associate "The West" as Connacht but we have the whole Atlantic coastline.

Did I call you a West Brit ? I did mention "Beyond the Pale".

Outside the Pale the native Irish were always a thorn in the side of England.

And up here they had the Plantation of Ulster.

Did the native Irish up here just disappear ?

No we did not. And 100 years ago we were left behind with partition.

But we will not always be forgotten. Our day will come.
    Hello darkness my old friend.....

Quote Originally Posted by konus View Post
    Incorrect.. people born in NI are British not Irish. That's just the fact of the matter.
    It's literally not.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Palatine For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (05-02-24)

Reviews

Sorry to break it to you Barney ... but born in the North of Ireland you're British, just like George Best and Rory McIlroy. If being Irish is so important to you, sell up and move South, but you'll still be a Brit living in the Republic.
    Incorrect.. people born in NI are British not Irish. That's just the fact of the matter.
    Well fuck you. Twice over you brainless cunt !

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Barney Rubble For This Useful Post:

Corsasport (05-02-24)

Reviews

The Irish and British love each other really, I was born in Liverpool and its the most Irish place in England, we get behind the Irish in everything, sports and we even backing yous to win Eurovision, GOWAN YA GUD THING

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Palatine View Post
    It's literally not.
    NI is British, ergo, all persons born in NI are British. Quod Erat Demonstrandum. Signing out now. This is my final comment. I don't want any of our British neighbours in the 6 counties to be part of our great Republic...... Elvis has left the building !!
    Last edited by konus; 05-02-24 at 21:51.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
    Have to say that I am surprised and indeed very disappointed that so many posters are opposed to a United Ireland.

From I was a child I have dreamt of a United Ireland.

Regardless of what financial gain or loss it might mean to me .

Posters here say they're happy with a 26 county Republic. What about us born North of the border. Are we not as Irish as you ?

Just over 100 years ago we had the Easter Rising.
    And then partition. The worst mistake ever in this country.

But some of you obviously don't give a fuck about your Irish neighbours.

Just because they happen to be born in Armagh or Derry . Even Tyrone !

I AM IRISH.

And fuck any cunt that calls me British.

Seems like there's a lot of West Brits posting here.

"Beyond the Pale ". We never lay down.

Fuck yiz all.
    Nobody is saying your not Irish. Just because your Irish on born on the same island and me doesn't mean you and I are from the same country. Your from North Ireland I'm from the republic of Ireland. I island 2 nations. If you're nation wants to be independent from Britain so be it, but be independent on your own.

Reviews

Sorry to break it to you Barney ... but born in the North of Ireland you're British, just like George Best and Rory McIlroy. If being Irish is so important to you, sell up and move South, but you'll still be a Brit living in the Republic.
    NI is British, ergo, all persons born in NI are British. Quod Erat Demonstrandum.
    Fuck you a third time. D'ya wanna see my passport ?
    Have you heard about The Good Friday Agreement?
    You're talkin pure shite.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by pegmyass85 View Post
    Nobody is saying your not Irish. Just because your Irish on born on the same island and me doesn't mean you and I are from the same country. Your from North Ireland I'm from the republic of Ireland. I island 2 nations. If you're nation wants to be independent from Britain so be it, but be independent on your own.
    Well said, because we in the South don't actually want you....

NI is British, ergo, all persons born in NI are British. Quod Erat Demonstrandum.
    "Irrespective of Northern Ireland's constitutional status within the United Kingdom, or part of a united Ireland, the right of "the people of Northern Ireland" to "identify themselves and be accepted as Irish or British, or both" (as well as their right to hold British or Irish citizenship or both) was recognised."

Luckily the GFA makes no reference to the need to refer such matters of citizenship or identity to internet trolls.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Palatine For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (05-02-24)

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
    Fuck you a third time. D'ya wanna see my passport ?
    Have you heard about The Good Friday Agreement?
    You're talkin pure shite.
    Barney .. I love you dearly. I've been following your posts for years. But, you're a Brit, embrace it, love it and live with it...You're still a great guy. (Elvis came back for that one but gone now, nightee everyone ...!!)
    Last edited by konus; 05-02-24 at 21:59.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast