Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: How to buy Bitcoin ?

Quote Originally Posted by bananabox999 View Post
    Incorrect.

The amount miners "mine" gets halved. If they currently get 2 btc per block, it will then be 1 btc. Random numbers, i have no clue what they get paid.

But the overall amount of btc never changes. Well it raises slightly untill when/if it reaches the max.

Miners dont want to lose money, big players, they push the price up to keep profit margins. Rest of us along for the ride.
    Crypto world/language is very complicated for the majority. The way I explained it would be easier for everyone to understand and maybe think serious in buying. I do believe one can make huge money by holding and of course selling at the right time.

Perhaps people who are into BTC atm are either younger ones, or those with plenty of money to invest... but how do you explain to some like Steph BTC is a great investment opportunity, get her to understand it and buy?!
    Naughty videos on EF.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Divine View Post
    Crypto world/language is very complicated for the majority. The way I explained it would be easier for everyone to understand and maybe think serious in buying. I do believe one can make huge money by holding and of course selling at the right time.

Perhaps people who are into BTC atm are either younger ones, or those with plenty of money to invest... but how do you explain to some like Steph BTC is a great investment opportunity, get her to understand it and buy?!
    How about an ETF for those who want to dip the toe in the water?

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Scrumhalf9 View Post
    Why would you buy an ETF when you can buy the real thing? The point of an ETF is so that people on Wall St can buy it and put it in your pension fund, as they are not allowed to buy real Bitcoin.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bananabox999 View Post
    Incorrect.

The amount miners "mine" gets halved. If they currently get 2 btc per block, it will then be 1 btc. Random numbers, i have no clue what they get paid.

But the overall amount of btc never changes. Well it raises slightly untill when/if it reaches the max.

Miners dont want to lose money, big players, they push the price up to keep profit margins. Rest of us along for the ride.
    The current rate is 6.25 new Bitcoin are made every 10 minutes. When the halving happens, it will be 3.125 Bitcoin made every 10 minutes.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tonythetimetraveller For This Useful Post:

Rachel Divine (29-02-24)

Quote Originally Posted by tonythetimetraveller View Post
    Why would you buy an ETF when you can buy the real thing? The point of an ETF is so that people on Wall St can buy it and put it in your pension fund, as they are not allowed to buy real Bitcoin.
    The original question was how to get in on the Bitcoin market. An ETF is just one way. Another is to buy some shares in Nasdaq:MARA, Marathon digital holdings in longhand. If you start investigating Bitcoin online without much knowledge, you’ll soon be inundated with solicitations of every annoying kind. You can buy into either of the above without any of that crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    When I put up this thread bitcoin was at 37,000 , a couple of days ago at 45,000 (?) .

If you’re investing on large scale I suppose it’d be worth to play around with it ;

If putting in only a few grand - not worth My time to keep on top of it . I think ?

Supposedly .. it’s supposed to ‘halve’ in a couple of months ?

Supposedly now is the time to buy ?
    Now over $54k or 46% since this thread started. The halving rate for mining is starting to kick in.

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/02/26/bitc...mber-2021.html

"Today is settlement day for bitcoin futures, which is contributing to the price jump we're seeing," said Ryan Rasmussen, analyst at Bitwise Asset Management. "We're approaching the window where we typically see traders positioning themselves ahead of the bitcoin halving, which will happen in the second half of April. I suspect this is the day people start rolling into bullish positions pre-halving.""

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Palatine For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (28-02-24)

Reviews

46%!
    I feel sick. I played safe. Sold some and took some profit.
    I'm only up 16% in the same period.

Bitcoin today broke 60,000 , for first time .

Yeay to those playing the Long game - and having started a while back .

Those who had / have Meaningful amounts already in the market :: Yeay for you , guys !
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    Bitcoin today broke 60,000 , for first time .

Yeay to those playing the Long game - and having started a while back .

Those who had / have Meaningful amounts already in the market :: Yeay for you , guys !
    Thank you. lol
    Naughty videos on EF.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Rachel Divine For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (29-02-24)

Quote Originally Posted by Scrumhalf9 View Post
    No way. Unless you have time and money and a huge interest on it.
    Naughty videos on EF.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast