Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Supervalu park????????????

Reviews

All GAA funding and commercial deals should be centralised and then distributed in an equitable manner amongst counties.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rooney2808 For This Useful Post:

64west (31-01-24), Noregrets (31-01-24)

It reminds me when they renamed the Olympia - 3Olympia, it is so ridiculous. Nobody calls it that. Just grim to then see the placards replaced to its awful commercial sponsored name every time I walk past the venue. Imagine calling it Vodafone Olympia
    Give me a call 083 455 2811 or PM to book in advance
    Smithfield 5th - 11th February
    Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CuteCatriona

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Catriona View Post
    It reminds me when they renamed the Olympia - 3Olympia, it is so ridiculous. Nobody calls it that. Just grim to then see the placards replaced to its awful commercial sponsored name every time I walk past the venue. Imagine calling it Vodafone Olympia
    Olympia is such a beautiful venue

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rooney2808 For This Useful Post:

Catriona (31-01-24)

I love the Olympia, although I hate that most gigs I go to there are mostly more of standing gig music and I can never get standing tickets

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Catriona For This Useful Post:

Rooney2808 (31-01-24)

Quote Originally Posted by pegmyass85 View Post
    I genuinely can't believe so many people are getting their knickers in a twist over this. With the exception of the media nobody will ever refer to it as SuperValu park, just like the ordinary Joe soap doesn't call them the 3 arena or Aviva stadium, we call them the point and Lansdowne road
    Haven't heard either Lansdowne Road or The Point in years. I think the new names have taken over

Quote Originally Posted by Johnom View Post
    Haven't heard either Lansdowne Road or The Point in years. I think the new names have taken over
    It might be a generational thing, so those who grew up calling them the old names use them, but younger people call them the new names.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Catriona For This Useful Post:

Noregrets (31-01-24)

Reviews

I love the Olympia, although I hate that most gigs I go to there are mostly more of standing gig music and I can never get standing tickets
    Yeah I don't think it really lends itself to a lot of the gigs that are on there. Not many gigs that you want to sit for and Olympia is mostly seated.

Quote Originally Posted by ladiesman217 View Post
    THEY WANT TO RENAME "Páirc Uí Chaoimh" TO "SuperValu Park" BECAUSE OF SPONSORSHIP DEAL THING!!!!! WHAT FUCKING KNOB CUNTARD FUCK THINKS THAT THIS IS A GOOD IDEA????? SUPERVALU PARK??????? HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where's Jenny. Jenny? JENNY?! You're a GAA nut and are always in Cork, KICK UP A FUSS!!!

I'm no GAA fan or Cork fan, BUT THIS IS FUCKING BATSHIT INSANE!!!!!!!

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK IS WRONG WITH THEM THAT THEY THINK "SUPERVALU PARK" IS A GOOD NAME FOR A GAA STADIUM???????????????????????????

WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK?????!!!!!

EVEN "BARNEY RUBBLE PARK" IS A BETTER NAME FOR THE PARK THAN "SUPERVALU PARK"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Meh, I wouldn’t stress about it, McHale park at home in Mayo is Elverys But no one actually Calls it that, it’s McHale park, same as Páirc Uí Chaoimh is always gonna be Páirc Uí Chaoimh.

No harm SuperValu throwing a few bob yer way.

I’m counting down the days for Mayo v Dublin this Sat at home in Cbar, love a battle with d Dubs!!
    DUBLIN 24 TALLAGHT until Thursday 25th April TRALEE Co.KERRY from Mon 29th April!!!
    **SEE MY VIRTUAL AD, WHATSAPP ME FOR A CHAT ON CAM!!**
    CHECK OUT MY TWITTER/X @IRISH_JENNYEI for 100s more photos & daily photos!!
    !]

Reviews

It might be a generational thing, so those who grew up calling them the old names use them, but younger people call them the new names.
    Always their old names. Its tradition. IMO need to hold on to some things from the past. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Johnom View Post
    Myself and another gent of similar age got a taxi from Croke park after a match and a few beers one Sunday evening. My friend says to the taxi man, Kingsbridge station please. Yer man looks at us with that look that says he thinks we’re crazy. Never even knew it was once called something other than Heuston.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Scrumhalf9 For This Useful Post:

Rooney2808 (01-02-24)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast