Thread: The frustrations of selling property in Ireland

Default The frustrations of selling property in Ireland

It's really frustrating how long it takes for a house sale to close here.

I put my house on the market in August and accepted an offer in the third week of September. There was an issue becsuse the couple buying it were borrowing the price between them and they're not married. Back they went to the bank and borrowed the money in one name. I signed the contracts two weeks before Christmas.

My solicitor advised me that the banks tend to pause issuing mortgage cheques the week before Christmas which is perfectly fine.

However, we're now heading to the third week of January and not a dicky bird. It's just annoying how bloody long it takes.

Reviews

Mainly the time or year I’d say, pre Xmas wind down and then the opposite this month, that and the fact it’s important to you and the other couple but not to one the ones dotting the i’s and crossing the t’s 🙄

Reviews

I’ve had experience buying and selling properties over the years (never made a penny) but my experiences have been negative due to solicitors ,
    My solicitor blames the other parties solicitor and vice versa , last time I contacted the buyer directly and all of a sudden the deal was done.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ford pefect For This Useful Post:

Scrumhalf9 (12-01-24), Toolbox (12-01-24)

So funny. About an hour after my post I got a phone call from my solicitor to say the sale had closed. Was he on the EI forum too lol 🤣🤣

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to john40 For This Useful Post:

Scrumhalf9 (12-01-24), thecontradictions (12-01-24)

7. Default

Why is it so complicated? The prices are really high and there is a lot odf people suing a living place