Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: No fear..

  1. #1

    Unhappy No fear..

    Fears are an emotional response to a percieved threat.... and is also the related to the specific behaviours of escape and avoidance.

    However you are not truly scared of that thing... you are scared of WHAT PERCIEVED HARM IT COULD do... thus the fear is irrational

    Example.... People scared of heights. It is irrational to actually be scared of the HEIGHT as the height cannot do you harm...however you think that falling at such a great height can and the threat that poses then creates anxiety and avoidance!


    So here is what irrational fears i have:

    Spiders (They might kill me!!)

    Torture (seen too many films)

    Turbulance (you just think its the end)

    Driving over bridges with water underneath (might fall off)

    What are your PERCIEVED fears (explain why)

    ZARA DAVIES
    xxxx

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    At home
    Posts
    22,443

    Default

    Im not afraid of heights or falling. However the sudden stop at the end of falling from a height is what actually scares me
    Join the E-I Fantasy Football League

    http://www.escort-ireland.com/boards...ntasy-Football

  3. #3

    Wink me!

    i know miss davies, that your afraid of me

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    North Korea
    Posts
    16,828
    Reviews
    57

    Red face

    Sharks, hate em, ran into them a few times scuba diving and they scare the shit outta me. Things look up to 25% bigger thru the mask so a big blue can look huge.. Especially coming out of the blackness up the face of a reef towards you..
    Last edited by anon361; 24-01-10 at 21:44.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    At home
    Posts
    22,443

    Default

    Irrational fear there Anon, your more likely to die falling out of a plane than eaten by a shark. Just evolutionary fear. If you just scuba roud Ireland you should be ok
    Join the E-I Fantasy Football League

    http://www.escort-ireland.com/boards...ntasy-Football

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    North Korea
    Posts
    16,828
    Reviews
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doozer View Post
    Irrational fear there Anon, your more likely to die falling out of a plane than eaten by a shark. Just evolutionary fear. If you just scuba roud Ireland you should be ok
    I dived in several locations around the world including The Barrier Reef, The maldives, Greece, Spain, Finland but I have seen more sharks around Ireland than anywhere else, probably because I dive more here and believe me harmless or not they are extremely intimidating when your in the water close to one!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    At home
    Posts
    22,443

    Default

    I know Anon, I have scuba dived in the Red Sea and have seen them thankfully have not been attacked they didnt seem to want to know

    Its when you are not expecting them that they can really freak you out



    Join the E-I Fantasy Football League

    http://www.escort-ireland.com/boards...ntasy-Football

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    14,557
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default Know the feeling

    Quote Originally Posted by anon361 View Post
    coming out of the blackness up the face of a reef towards you..
    reminds me of the first time i met my ex fiances mother. ESB could generate power off the geit.

    a sight to behold,
    Westside.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    14,557
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default The memories

    Spiders (They might kill me!!)

    My sister is terrified of spiders and of course i take full advantage of her irrational fear. I remember when we were younger and the Saturday night scramble for the shower would happen. Getting all shiney to go out. Only thing is its nice to get out before 10. In any case i often told her there was a big spider around the bathroom.

    "where, argh, keep it away from me."

    Fkn loved every second of it,
    Westside.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    14,557
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default My perceived fears?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zara D View Post
    Fears are an emotional response to a percieved threat.... and is also the related to the specific behaviours of escape and avoidance.

    However you are not truly scared of that thing... you are scared of WHAT PERCIEVED HARM IT COULD do... thus the fear is irrational

    Example.... People scared of heights. It is irrational to actually be scared of the HEIGHT as the height cannot do you harm...however you think that falling at such a great height can and the threat that poses then creates anxiety and avoidance!


    So here is what irrational fears i have:

    Spiders (They might kill me!!)

    Torture (seen too many films)

    Turbulance (you just think its the end)

    Driving over bridges with water underneath (might fall off)

    What are your PERCIEVED fears (explain why)

    ZARA DAVIES
    xxxx
    dying peniless with a happy boner.

    Seriously though. My biggest fear is reaching a stage in my life where i can no longer do the things i want to do while i could still to do them otherwise.

    that would suck bigtime,
    Westside.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •