I have an interest in law and order. I think in ireland and to a similar extent, the UK
have encountered problems with social order that are set to get worse.

If you were out and a social dud boxes you in the face-unlucky you! If you ring the garda, they might
tell you he is a bad yoke and as he has 32 previous, not worth pissing him off further, he might'nt like it.

If you were to hit him and hurt him, the law protects him equally. I have read of a case where scum
tried to mug a karate expert. the scum was awarded 6k for his moderate injuries.

lets talk more serious crime. if someone rapes and murders, one or several people, the worst they will face is an orderly prison enviroment, meals, councelling, education. people who have robbed others of their lives and denied all human rights-this is the very thing that the lefty apologists are
focussed on.

parenting, or lack of this, is much of it. these duds deny that they fear jail, but im sure when they are in there, they may realise the errors of their ways.

Poland introduced chemical castration for certain sex offenders, in a response to a particularily heinous case. a grand idea.

through my research i have established that the death sentence does not eradicate serious crime, in the US research has shown that the death penalty creates even more vicious killers etc
in the US there are many mentally ill criminals and they have lost a grip on reality so would not be concerned anyway.

However, I do feel that now we have removed the death penalty from our justice system, we may have removed a vital part of it. those horrid thugs with their defiant walk and stare being led out of the courthouse. I would be intrigued to watch one of these cowards in the lead up to their hanging.
this process gave a sence of immediate justice to historic communities and today with DNA we can avoid ever getting it wrong.

your thoughts?