View Poll Results: What do you think of Elvis?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • He was great.

12 60.00%
  • An overrated moron.

8 40.00%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Love him or hate him?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    There wasnt much else there when he came along and he was different.Take a band like Guns & Roses.They came along when there was plenty of their type of music around albeit in different forms.If he could throw his voice into any octave then why didnt he?He could get away with looking like a fool because he was one.

Its not a case of all thinking the same,its a case of this guy being so overrated decades after his death.

So he is supposed to be the King of RocknRoll. Bill Hailey and The Comets came out with a song called Rock Around the Clock which was miles ahead of its time and this was well before Elvis.

If i had a son who looked up to this moron ,i would disown him.

sooooo overrated,
    Westside.
    I'm sure if Elvis was here today he'd tell u You Don't Have To Say U Love Me

Blog Entries

Default Well...........

He's the best-selling solo artist in the history of popular music...........

But I guess you're right Westie............

I know it's just an opinion.........
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by luther View Post
    He's the best-selling solo artist in the history of popular music...........

But I guess you're right Westie............

I know it's just an opinion.........
    I Just Can't Help Believing some of u have something against Elvis too many Suspicious Mindsaround here Are U Lonesome Tonight Luther?

elvis on the radio now ,just google country mix radio(106.8)go to ----on air ----then to ----listen live--- minimise the page and u can decide if he`s good

Blog Entries

Default Yes EP..........

Quote Originally Posted by experienced punter View Post
    I Just Can't Help Believing some of u have something against Elvis too many Suspicious Mindsaround here Are U Lonesome Tonight Luther?
    I'm all shuck up since Christmas eve when you offered to share your knicker collection with me but then wouldn't answer the door. I gave it a couple of hard knocks but no sign of you. Maybe you were gone to meet a friend for a happy ending so now I've checked into heartbreak hotel. The door man knows you but says your banned from going up to the roof..........................
    L

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by luther View Post
    I'm all shuck up since Christmas eve when you offered to share your knicker collection with me but then wouldn't answer the door. I gave it a couple of hard knocks but no sign of you. Maybe you were gone to meet a friend for a happy ending so now I've checked into heartbreak hotel. The door man knows you but says your banned from going up to the roof..........................
    well u couldn't find me cos it was address unknown no such number no such zone are u sorry we drifted apart?...

Reviews

There wasnt much else there when he came along and he was different.Take a band like Guns & Roses.They came along when there was plenty of their type of music around albeit in different forms.If he could throw his voice into any octave then why didnt he?He could get away with looking like a fool because he was one.

Its not a case of all thinking the same,its a case of this guy being so overrated decades after his death.

So he is supposed to be the King of RocknRoll. Bill Hailey and The Comets came out with a song called Rock Around the Clock which was miles ahead of its time and this was well before Elvis.

If i had a son who looked up to this moron ,i would disown him.

sooooo overrated,
    Westside.
    Guns and Roses were a noisy bunch of hoares that gave me one unmerciful headache. That was rather harsh abut the fool bit, he was just overpowered by all the success and was a victim of it too.
    Apparently, according to Priscilla on Saturday night, he wasn't a bit materialistic, basically a very humble type (I use the word humble instead of simple, because you would pounce on it) who was very generous and charitable.
    Bill Haley was somebody I couldn't take to, way before my time thank God.
    I have a 24 year old son who is versatile enough to listen and not leap and not condemn, he actually likes Elvis's music, but prefers Guns n' Roses.
    But you are right Westie, (seeing as you were the first vote I got). I'm not sure whether I like Freddie (his music) more than Elvis.

Here's a url where the first line of the song sums you up.

YouTube - Elvis Presley - the Wonder of You
    Once a prick - always a prick.

Blog Entries

Default Yes.......

Quote Originally Posted by experienced punter View Post
    well u couldn't find me cos it was address unknown no such number no such zone are u sorry we drifted apart?...
    Sentimental me but I couldn't help it. We went our seperate ways. Of course I met a nice woman, but she is not you so send me some lovin and make me know it..............
    L

Blog Entries

Default And his closest rival was????????????

Quote Originally Posted by rover View Post
    Guns and Roses were a noisy bunch of hoares that gave me one unmerciful headache. That was rather harsh abut the fool bit, he was just overpowered by all the success and was a victim of it too.
    Apparently, according to Priscilla on Saturday night, he wasn't a bit materialistic, basically a very humble type (I use the word humble instead of simple, because you would pounce on it) who was very generous and charitable.
    Bill Haley was somebody I couldn't take to, way before my time thank God.
    I have a 24 year old son who is versatile enough to listen and not leap and not condemn, he actually likes Elvis's music, but prefers Guns n' Roses.
    But you are right Westie, (seeing as you were the first vote I got). I'm not sure whether I like Freddie (his music) more than Elvis.

Here's a url where the first line of the song sums you up.

YouTube - Elvis Presley - the Wonder of You
    nobody.Seriously,if i got a goofy haircut and wore a huggies suit and shook my daddy bags and basically just sang any ole way at all,i too would be remembered in decades from now as the King.He was in the right place at the right time.I pit it to you this way,take the eighties.If Elvis came along in the Eighties,he would have being laughed off the stage.

Freddie was wayyyyy better,
    Westside.

Reviews

nobody.Seriously,if i got a goofy haircut and wore a huggies suit and shook my daddy bags and basically just sang any ole way at all,i too would be remembered in decades from now as the King.He was in the right place at the right time.I pit it to you this way,take the eighties.If Elvis came along in the Eighties,he would have being laughed off the stage.

Freddie was wayyyyy better,
    Westside.
    The way it was when I was growing up, Cliff Richards was the main man then, but he was pipped by Elvis. I was besotted by his music and I'd open the frontroom windows and blast all the neighbours out of it on my Dansette record player. Right place at the right time, me bollocks, he just had it all and your too stubborn to admit it.

YouTube - Elvis Presley Love Me

PS. Do you like my new avatar.
    Once a prick - always a prick.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast