Thread: Budget 2024

1. Default Budget 2024

The one day a year where everyone in Ireland gets fucked

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Notabot For This Useful Post:

irishjp (10-10-23), joggon (11-10-23), Ketchup2023 (10-10-23), robbie9 (10-10-23)

3. Default

Again and Again

Reviews

Everything going up comes into effect at midnight, Everything coming down happens about three months from now!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Airbusdriver For This Useful Post:

irishjp (10-10-23)

Reviews

All the smokers will be adding in the usual 50 cent

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by robbie9 View Post
    All the smokers will be adding in the usual 50 cent
    Check.. check it was 75 cent

Poor smokers

8. The Following User Says Thank You to robbie9 For This Useful Post:

HotRockinLove (10-10-23)

Quote Originally Posted by robbie9 View Post
    Check.. check it was 75 cent

Poor smokers
    I knew it be 75cent making up for all the Covid and emergency bonuses they gave out.
    17% of the population smoke roughly works out at about €850m a day into the government coffers
    if people are buying at least 20 a day!

Reviews

Did the beer go up
    go boil your head

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by HotRockinLove View Post
    I knew it be 75cent making up for all the Covid and emergency bonuses they gave out.
    17% of the population smoke roughly works out at about €850m a day into the government coffers
    if people are buying at least 20 a day!
    Fairly spot on maths, except it's slightly off. Unless every smoker (17% of a 5.5 mil population is 935,000) spends €909 per day on cigarettes

Norma Foley currently on Ireland AM and shes attempting to spend more time talking about the war in Iraq than over crowded classrooms, lack of teachers, poorly paid teachers or what percentage of the GDP is spent on education. Shes infuriating to watch, avoiding every question, country awash with money and parents still under pressure for "voluntary" contributions to schools.

Can I also just add could Tommy Bowe possibly be the most beautiful man on earth?? (Apart from all my beautiful clients, of course!)

That is all, happy hump day guys!

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by JennyIrish View Post
    Norma Foley currently on Ireland AM and shes attempting to spend more time talking about the war in Iraq than over crowded classrooms, lack of teachers, poorly paid teachers or what percentage of the GDP is spent on education. Shes infuriating to watch, avoiding every question, country awash with money and parents still under pressure for "voluntary" contributions to schools.

Can I also just add could Tommy Bowe possibly be the most beautiful man on earth?? (Apart from all my beautiful clients, of course!)

That is all, happy hump day guys!
    As maddening as Norma is, people should remember that a voluntary contribution is exactly that, voluntary. There is no obligation to pay, nor can a school force you.

In fairness to the government the last number of years has seen them abolish paying for school books for primary kids and yesterday they extended that up to Junior Certs too. This is a much bigger saving for parents than the voluntary contribution.