Page 27 of 58 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Israel

Quote Originally Posted by Palatine View Post
    Stephanie. My social media feed is full of propaganda right now. I'm fully aware of Hamas's background. I don't see the point in two entrenched sides firing youtube videos at each other. This isn't a straightforward good guy bad good situation and all I did was try to correct a statement made about Jerusalem and add what I know about the Israeli perspective.

None of the civilians in this deserve it. And none of them are helped by people with no skin in the game trying to turn the heat up and score outrage points in their jerk circles.

What has happened here has been fomented by Iranian intelligence intent on derailing Saudi recognition of Israel which could have been a big step towards regional peace ans maybe even a long term resolution.

All the airchair strategists who saw through all the nuances of Ukrainian geopolitics

are suddenly unable to get past the first youtube video that sources the root of all evil as Israel. Funny that.
    I did see the initial post you replied to : you were correct in doing so ;

I said as much about Iran’s role and the Saudi agreement myself ;

Thank you for your response .

: “as if” - ? Here we’ll have to agree to disagree .
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Marko1980 View Post
    The only problem with this thread is that people cant agree on some very simple things, like :
    - The Hamas massacres and kidknappings are war crimes
    - Israel's responses are war crimes
    - A ceasefire should be called

Anyone with a shred of humanity would say this is common sense.
    Palatine, you seem to be pretty rational.
    Instead of trying to argue with Airbusdriver who at this point is either a troll or has a serious brain injury, let me re-ask you this.
    Do you agree with the above statements?
    Can you get on board?
    Is killing civilians wrong or what the fuck?

Quote Originally Posted by Palatine View Post
    Stephanie. My social media feed is full of propaganda right now.
    I'm fully aware of Hamas's background. I don't see the point in two entrenched sides firing youtube videos at each other. This isn't a straightforward good guy bad good situation and all I did was try to correct a statement made about Jerusalem and add what I know about the Israeli perspective.

None of the civilians in this deserve it. And none of them are helped by people with no skin in the game trying to turn the heat up and score outrage points in their jerk circles.

What has happened here has been fomented by Iranian intelligence intent on derailing Saudi recognition of Israel which could have been a big step towards regional peace ans maybe even a long term resolution.

All the airchair strategists who saw through all the nuances of Ukrainian geopolitics are suddenly unable to get past the first youtube video that sources the root of all evil as Israel. Funny that.
    Just one last question :

Please , what is your opinion on Israel’s role as the ‘creator’ of Hamas ?

How do you square that with your conscience in defending Israeli status quo ?

Reviews

Based on this logic I’m curious you are calling the Palestinian people the indigenous people of this land. The Jews were there for probably 2500 previously.
    You could say the Jews were pushed off their land first and had first claim to it before the Palestinians. Most modern nations were born out of war and conflict
    Since time immemorial borders and states have changed in either 2 ways democratically or militarily. When the British controlled this land last it was basically very poor land with very little worth. Almost all the value has been added by the Jewish side creating work for tens of thousands of Palestinians.
    Even on this island we accepted a peace deal with land divided to try and have peace. The Palestinians have to reflect on the policies of never compromising
    They have had numerous opportunities to have peaceful resolutions. I’m just curious as to your position on Israel. Are they all just meant to pack a bag and move where then because the Palestinians seem to generally have a view as to deny the right of the state of Israel to exist. History is full of states that existed and then ceased to exist. This generally happened through military conquest. Israel has the means to take the westbank and Gaza over but they don’t.
    Seems to me they are willing to co-exist. There are always too sides to every argument wisdom comes from knowing that right or wrong a peaceful solution or total destruction of one side are the only probable outcomes. For the record hamas is a terrorist organisation and last time I checked we tended to frown on these and wish them gone.
    Fighting for your tomorrow

5. The Following User Says Thank You to john connor For This Useful Post:

IAmLIAm (24-10-23)

Reviews

Instead of trying to argue with Airbusdriver who at this point is either a troll or has a serious brain injury, let me re-ask you this.
    Can you get on board?
    Here's more of the childish insults from this guy. If you don't agree with him you now have a brian injury. That's a new low.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Airbusdriver View Post
    Here's more of the childish insults from this guy. If you don't agree with him you now have a brian injury. That's a new low.
    I dont think Im holding some outlandish opinion here, I am saying killing civilians as collateral damage is wrong. Its very basic.
    You havent said its wrong, its just weird so you might want to have your 'brian' examined.

Can you get on board?

Hi .

If you read his posts , he already stated that in his opinion also , the killing of civilians is wrong .

Civilians of either / both sides .

In meantime yesterday 50 Palestinians were killed at just One bomb site ;

In the meantime Just yesterday 320 targets (buildings) were struck inside Gaza : in One Day / overnight ;

In the meantime :

4,651 Palestinians killed, says Gaza ministry

At least 4,651 Palestinians have been killed in Gaza, according to its Hamas-run health ministry.

A further 14,245 people have been injured by Israeli airstrikes, it said.

^^^ these numbers are from yesterday / I think .

An earlier figure stated that 30 - 40 % of injured are children .

I don’t see how these actions can be defended with any clear conscience and by way of That ,

I do not see how the State that perpetrates such atrocities can be defended in any good heart .

Can you get on board?
    I thought my like on the post should have been obvious enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    Just one last question :

Please , what is your opinion on Israel’s role as the ‘creator’ of Hamas ?

How do you square that with your conscience in defending Israeli status quo ?
    Many states make mistakes when dealing with their enemies and some parts of the Israeli army and intelligence organisations were misguided in trying to create divisions within the PLO. But israel didn't *create* Hamas. And even if it did it wouldn't switch responsibility for the 7-Oct war crimes to.anyone except Hamas. Anyone reading that statement will think it was set up by them when in reality its origins are with the Muslim Brotherhood and it played a religious rather than political role in its early years. What some Israeli military strategists did was see an opportunity to have the enemy fight against itself. A mistake. But you're going back 35 years when most of today's Hamas members weren't born, when the Oslo peace accords hadn't happened. To draw a line between then and now is really to seek to create a weak inference that Israelis are responsible for their own slaughter, which would be an outrageous conclusion tbh.

But the big question is so what? What would be different today? Would Gaza be at peace? What everyone here is saying is that Hamas is the creation of Israeli actions against Palestine. So if Israel had stayed out of its role with Hamas in the 80s, would the same vacuum not have been filled anyway? When the US supported the Mujahadeen in Afghanistan, does that make your people reaponsible for 9/11 or the embassy attacks of the 90s? Of course not.

And can you please stop putting words in my mouth. I've defended the right of Israel to exist which is something that is shared by a huge majority of states in this world. I haven't defended "status quo" which could be interpretted as meaning the actions in Gaza, settler colonisation or continued occupation of the West Bank.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Palatine For This Useful Post:

IAmLIAm (24-10-23)

Reviews

I dont think Im holding some outlandish opinion here, I am saying killing civilians as collateral damage is wrong. Its very basic.
    You havent said its wrong, its just weird so you might want to have your 'brian' examined.
    Of course deliberately killing civilians is wrong, I don't think anyone here would condone that. It's not that your opinions are outlandish, the problem is how you abuse other people who don't necessarily agree with your personal narrative.

Suggesting somebody has a brain injury is fairly disgusting.

Please don't use disabled people to mock others.

Page 27 of 58 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast