Page 46 of 58 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: Israel

Quote Originally Posted by Palatine View Post
    I've been to Jerusalem many times. I'm describing what I see. Yes Jerusalem is now completely part of Israel since the failed attempt to destroy the country in 67. But

the holy sites for Muslims are still absolutely controlled by Muslims.

Only difference is Jews are now allowed pray on the tiny section of the Temple Mount that they're allowed to access.
    Quote Originally Posted by Palatine View Post
    They literally didn't. When Jordan was occupying the West Bank and East Jerusalem Jews were forbidden from visiting the wailing wall. This is part of the Temple Mount which is pretty much the only sacred site in Judaism. Since 1967 the Temple Mount is still 99% controlled by Muslims. Unlike when the Jordanians and local East Jerusalem arabs had control, Jews can now visit the wailing wall, and if you're respectful (and a man), you can visit it too.

The Church of the Holy Sepulchre - holy to all Christians is open to all, and the keys to it are controlled by a Muslim family (because local Christian groups couldn't agree among themselves).

In fact I can't think of one holy site in Jerusalem that is controlled by the Israelis. If you walk the streets of Jerusalem you'll see all religions in all parts of the city. Christians follow the path of the crucifixion on the same ancient streets where Palestine flags and tshirts are for sale openly. Arabs will sell you crosses and other Christian paraphenalia. On Fridays the call to prayer echoes across the city from the Al Aqsa mosque on top of Judaism's holiest site while Jews say prayers on the ruins of a wall below. One reason that the Israelis will never again give up East Jerusalem is because they know they will be banned from the wall like they were for 20 years when the arabs last controlled it. Muslims were never banned from anywhere on Temple Mount while Israel has controlled the city.
    Oh the wonders of disappearing posts .

Here is Al Aqsa Mosque during Ramadan : the holiest Muslim holiday >>

https://youtube.com/shorts/FiCMxohxI...5JNJmhB5CX8prK
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
    Just a quick reply Stephanie,

I think you meant 1915 and 1917 in your last post.

Unfortunately this mess was created early in the last century.

Thank you Barney ,

good catch - though so obvious . Yet I still missed it in my last rewrite / spellcheck xx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (05-11-23)

Quote Originally Posted by Bukar View Post
    Pretty standard response... Usually followed up by, oops sorry it was, you caught us, just some collateral damage. Killed few civilians but also killed one terrorist, totaly worth it.
    Perhaps they took these tactics from Obama's drone strikes in Yemen?
    Israel had told the Palestinian people to evacuate the North , to move to South Gaza en masse .

Then bombed and keeps bombing South Gaza .

Israel said those in Gaza who have papers to leave , to go to Egyptian border crossing - then bombed them .

This is yesterday’s , day before news . I haven’t had the stomach to look at any recent events .

Now there’s no more ‘apology’ of ‘Oopps’ — it is blatant disregard for innocent people : by State policy .

/ I am so fervent in my stance : not against Jewish people .

: but Against the indiscriminate large scale extermination of a People . No legitimate cause , no excuse .

I rail against the injustice ; I rail against the hypocrisy of the Western world , against my own govt’s policy .

Reviews

Can I ask why Stephanie has been archived ?

I have not seen anything in her posts that warrant a ban.

Maybe the mods can explain ?

Or is it just a case that you cannot criticise Israel ?
    Hello darkness my old friend.....

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Barney Rubble For This Useful Post:

joggon (05-11-23), mascol (05-11-23), Palatine (05-11-23), Stephanie (06-11-23)

Hello Barney Rubble

Thank you for reaching out. We appreciate your concern. We strive to maintain a respectful environment for all users.

The specific reasons for banning are detailed to the user when they get warnings before getting banned.

Please remember we will reach out to you via direct message in case you break any rules.

Should you have any other enquiries or need assistance, feel free to ask.

Regards, Jack
    " A precise whisper is more powerful than an echoing scream."

-Destiny; Luna Vallar IV description

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Dayteam View Post
    Hello Barney Rubble

Thank you for reaching out. We appreciate your concern. We strive to maintain a respectful environment for all users.

The specific reasons for banning are detailed to the user when they get warnings before getting banned.

Please remember we will reach out to you via direct message in case you break any rules.

Should you have any other enquiries or need assistance, feel free to ask.

Regards, Jack
    Well that's a lot of bullshit. My account was banned a couple of days ago. No warning given before it was banned, no reason given to why it was banned, it was just banned then 24hrs later it was unbanned

Mods have their own understanding and interpretation of what words/sentence is civil.

I got a 24h ban for replying to an user - in my reply I was in fact speaking in general about what Israel has been said on TV and not directly to his post and last sentence was : ''How stupid is that to say?!" - referring to Israel not the poster.

Sofia, I think, banned me because I was not civil to call a user "stupid'', when I was not calling anyone stupid.

I am sorry, but, I find the moderation somehow, unreasonable and I do not bother posting on this thread anymore, even thought I read it sometimes.

I suppose Stephanie got a ban for same reason as I did.

Reviews

What does archived mean? Any I hope it is very temporary, like by the time I'm finished this cup of coffee temporary.

Come back soon lovely lady.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mascol For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (06-11-23), SteveB (05-11-23)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by mascol View Post
    What does archived mean? Any I hope it is very temporary, like by the time I'm finished this cup of coffee temporary.

*And i hope it is very temporary

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mascol For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (06-11-23)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by mascol View Post

Bet the RA were behind it ��

15. The Following User Says Thank You to TommyH123 For This Useful Post:

mascol (05-11-23)

Page 46 of 58 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast