Page 42 of 58 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: Israel

Reviews

I know there are a lot of opinions on this situation but I came in this evening and put on the news and was sickened by what is happening to these people.
    It’s just wrong

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ford pefect For This Useful Post:

AmorInfinito8 (02-11-23), FullIrish (02-11-23), joggon (02-11-23), Stephanie (03-11-23), UnFulfilledScott (02-11-23)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ford pefect View Post
    I know there are a lot of opinions on this situation but I came in this evening and put on the news and was sickened by what is happening to these people.
    It’s just wrong
    This the only acceptable opinion/feeling as a human being.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marko1980 For This Useful Post:

AmorInfinito8 (02-11-23), Stephanie (03-11-23)

Each person is untitled to own opinion. Perhaps what we all should agree on is no matter what, death of innocent people should not happen, no matter the circumstances, be it any country in the world.

None of us knows what is going on behind the scenes, real reasons etc., we can only have an opinion about certain things based on what we read, hear.. but we should be reasonable and keep in mind we won't change the world by arguing on E-I forum.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rachel Divine For This Useful Post:

AmorInfinito8 (02-11-23), Barney Rubble (02-11-23), FullIrish (02-11-23), joggon (02-11-23)

Quote Originally Posted by ford pefect View Post
    It’s just wrong

Something inside me snapped when I saw this.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UnFulfilledScott For This Useful Post:

Marko1980 (02-11-23), Rooney2808 (02-11-23)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by UnFulfilledScott View Post
    Something inside me snapped when I saw this.

"How to diversify your portfolio for the upcoming nuclear apocalypse
    1. Buy shares Uranium ore - these nuclear arsenals wont restock themselves
    2. Iodine tablets - they wont make a fuck of difference but thats not going to stop people buying them
    3. SpaceX shares - hot property when the billionaires emigrate to their lunar colonies "

Im not a marxist by any means but the main problem with capitalism is that everything becomes an investment opportunity.
    War, misery, death, you name it.

I googled the headline because I thought it was satire, but no.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Marko1980 For This Useful Post:

UnFulfilledScott (02-11-23)

Quote Originally Posted by Marko1980 View Post
    "How to diversify your portfolio for the upcoming nuclear apocalypse
    1. Buy shares Uranium ore - these nuclear arsenals wont restock themselves
    2. Iodine tablets - they wont make a fuck of difference but thats not going to stop people buying them
    3. SpaceX shares - hot property when the billionaires emigrate to their lunar colonies "

Im not a marxist by any means but the main problem with capitalism is that everything becomes an investment opportunity.
    War, misery, death, you name it.

I googled the headline because I thought it was satire, but no.
    Yeah man, I had to double check that one myself.
    They're literally just coming out and saying it now.
    You don't need to be a Marxist to see what's going on here.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to UnFulfilledScott For This Useful Post:

Marko1980 (02-11-23)

Reviews

an insight how Palestinians in the USA are being targeted for social media posts , behind this is a nasty organisation who will turn on anybody
    https://www.camera.org/

Other opinions are allowed
    Age doesn't equal maturity - just look around !
    Unhappy ? press ignore user in settings

Quote Originally Posted by Palatine View Post
    From where I'm standing and looking at the posts and likes of those posts, it seems the opposite. Any nuance given to Israeli perspective is rare and jumped upon immediately as evidence of an undercurrent of approval of all Israeli and settler actions since 1948.

Nobody said it did. Especially me.

Don't put words or motivations in my mouth. If you want to debate a strawman then go ahead, but I have better things to do then be that strawman. You say you want debate and have genuine questions but you keep.on doing this thing where you give me this "it's ok to own it" / "your words betray you" schtick. If I were to turn the same thing on you and basically say you should own your attitude to Jewish people, it would be equally wrong and outrageous. So stop, or I stop.

So have repeated attempts to.exterminate Israel. To wipe it from the map. These are explicit objectives of Hamas, and the PLO for most of its history, as well as many of Israel's neighbours and the Ayatollahs who want to destroy Israel so as to invite the return of the Mahdi who will lead Muslims to world rule.

Well start by NOT deliberately murdering and kidnapping civilians. Nothing justifies that. Speaking specifically of Gaza which has been complete decolonised since 2005, that freedom has been used to continuously launch rockets at Israeli civilians in spite of the blockade. What would you do, sitting in San Diego or LA having rockets fired at you from civilian structures in Tijuana daily for 18 years by Mexicans who think American California needs to be wiped off the map and its residents with it due to illegal annexation and occupation? What would you expect the US government to do? Genuine question., please.

I don't see easy answers but there sure as hell is no government or people anywhere in the world that is expected to just sit and take it.

In spite of the "cage", Hamas has been able to import materials to weaponise against civilian targets and Hezbollah is boasting that Hamas has 4 months of supplies squirreled away ready for a siege while their people suffer. I'm for ending the rockets and attacks on civilians and the ending of the blockage on Gaza. One will not happen without the other.
    Haven’t abandoned our conversation : been busy ;
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

Seen a twit - Hamas wants to take ''back'' all Islamic lands from like 1 000 years ago, including Spain?!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Rachel Divine For This Useful Post:

SteveB (03-11-23)

Page 42 of 58 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast