Page 41 of 58 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: Israel

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    Yet there is no shortage of persons and govt.s who claim legitimacy for Israel’s actions against the Palestinians ,
    From where I'm standing and looking at the posts and likes of those posts, it seems the opposite. Any nuance given to Israeli perspective is rare and jumped upon immediately as evidence of an undercurrent of approval of all Israeli and settler actions since 1948.

to exist’ does Not equal right to exterminate a people !
    Nobody said it did. Especially me.
    Though you say “war crimes wrong” - your words betray you .
    Don't put words or motivations in my mouth. If you want to debate a strawman then go ahead, but I have better things to do then be that strawman. You say you want debate and have genuine questions but you keep.on doing this thing where you give me this "it's ok to own it" / "your words betray you" schtick. If I were to turn the same thing on you and basically say you should own your attitude to Jewish people, it would be equally wrong and outrageous. So stop, or I stop.

It’s against the Daily harassment , torture , kidnappings , extrajudicial killings of Palestinian civilians
    that has been going on for Decades .
    So have repeated attempts to.exterminate Israel. To wipe it from the map. These are explicit objectives of Hamas, and the PLO for most of its history, as well as many of Israel's neighbours and the Ayatollahs who want to destroy Israel so as to invite the return of the Mahdi who will lead Muslims to world rule.

I am asking : how can a caged people Resist their condition ?

How can a trodden-on, tortured people stand for Their Right to Exist ?

Genuine question , please .
    Well start by NOT deliberately murdering and kidnapping civilians. Nothing justifies that. Speaking specifically of Gaza which has been complete decolonised since 2005, that freedom has been used to continuously launch rockets at Israeli civilians in spite of the blockade. What would you do, sitting in San Diego or LA having rockets fired at you from civilian structures in Tijuana daily for 18 years by Mexicans who think American California needs to be wiped off the map and its residents with it due to illegal annexation and occupation? What would you expect the US government to do? Genuine question., please.

I don't see easy answers but there sure as hell is no government or people anywhere in the world that is expected to just sit and take it.

In spite of the "cage", Hamas has been able to import materials to weaponise against civilian targets and Hezbollah is boasting that Hamas has 4 months of supplies squirreled away ready for a siege while their people suffer. I'm for ending the rockets and attacks on civilians and the ending of the blockage on Gaza. One will not happen without the other.
    Last edited by Palatine; 01-11-23 at 13:34.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Palatine For This Useful Post:

IAmLIAm (01-11-23)

Reviews

I see we're at the "Is it ever justified to bomb a refugee camp....twice?" stage of things.
    Jesus H Christ on a bike there are some real sociopaths out there.

I never thought id say this but the Irish Government are very consistent on calling out whats happening here.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Marko1980 For This Useful Post:

FullIrish (02-11-23)

Reviews

I am glad I stopped contributing to this debate. The hate is still there and it has continued since the thread was reopened. Abuse previously imparted is still there too, it wasn't withdrawn. It seems that if anybody criticises Hamas terrorism they are jumped upon up to and including vile hate comments. It's just not worth it.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Airbusdriver View Post
    I am glad I stopped contributing to this debate. The hate is still there and it has continued since the thread was reopened. Abuse previously imparted is still there too, it wasn't withdrawn. It seems that
    if anybody criticises Hamas terrorism they are jumped upon up to and including vile hate comments. It's just not worth it.
    NOBODY is defending Hamas .

Try harder .

Edit : ^highlight
    Last edited by Stephanie; 01-11-23 at 14:16.
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (01-11-23)

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Palatine View Post
    From where I'm standing and looking at the posts and likes of those posts, it seems the opposite. Any nuance given to Israeli perspective is rare and jumped upon immediately as evidence of an undercurrent of approval of all Israeli and settler actions since 1948.

Nobody said it did. Especially me.

Don't put words or motivations in my mouth. If you want to debate a strawman then go ahead, but I have better things to do then be that strawman. You say you want debate and have genuine questions but you keep.on doing this thing where you give me this "it's ok to own it" / "your words betray you" schtick. If I were to turn the same thing on you and basically say you should own your attitude to Jewish people, it would be equally wrong and outrageous. So stop, or I stop.

So have repeated attempts to.exterminate Israel. To wipe it from the map. These are explicit objectives of Hamas, and the PLO for most of its history, as well as many of Israel's neighbours and the Ayatollahs who want to destroy Israel so as to invite the return of the Mahdi who will lead Muslims to world rule.

Well start by NOT deliberately murdering and kidnapping civilians. Nothing justifies that. Speaking specifically of Gaza which has been complete decolonised since 2005, that freedom has been used to continuously launch rockets at Israeli civilians in spite of the blockade. What would you do, sitting in San Diego or LA having rockets fired at you from civilian structures in Tijuana daily for 18 years by Mexicans who think American California needs to be wiped off the map and its residents with it due to illegal annexation and occupation? What would you expect the US government to do? Genuine question., please.

I don't see easy answers but there sure as hell is no government or people anywhere in the world that is expected to just sit and take it.

In spite of the "cage", Hamas has been able to import materials to weaponise against civilian targets and Hezbollah is boasting that Hamas has 4 months of supplies squirreled away ready for a siege while their people suffer. I'm for ending the rockets and attacks on civilians and the ending of the blockage on Gaza. One will not happen without the other.
    Gotta run ; be back later xxx

Reviews

NOBODY is defending Hamas .

Try harder .

Edit : ^highlight
    Read my post please.

Reviews

I am glad I stopped contributing to this debate. The hate is still there and it has continued since the thread was reopened. Abuse previously imparted is still there too, it wasn't withdrawn. It seems that if anybody criticises Hamas terrorism they are jumped upon up to and including vile hate comments. It's just not worth it.
    There literally has been no hate, I see respectful debate (apart from the most recent comment).
    Its no coincidence that this has been the case since you stopped contributing to the debate which you are happy about, and are now contributing to again.

11. Default

Read my post please.
    I did .

Reviews

If you took the time to learn to read you'll find everyone on this thread so far has critised hamas and condemned their horrible attacks on Israel. But you are defending Israel targeting civilians and saying it's hamas fault that Israel is leveling homes from the sky.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to pegmyass85 For This Useful Post:

FullIrish (02-11-23)

Reviews

One thing I have noticed that's really bugging me. You have said that Israel gave the Palestinian people notice to move south and targeting them is different as a result. How so? Tell me if someone was to call you and all your neighbours and tell you all that you all have leave your homes by a certain time as they are going to drop a bomb on them from the sky. Would it be a crime if they dropped bombs killing your neighbours. I mean they called warned you all and told you all to leave but you all choose to stay so that makes it all ok right? This is all hypothetical of course before you say I'm threatening you I'm not I simply want you're opinion on it being different if it was your home that was being targeted? Would you support or hate the people that did that you you?

Page 41 of 58 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast