Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Sex assault incident in Kerry....

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,395

    Default Sex assault incident in Kerry....

    Sex assault victim asks locals not to judge her - The Irish Times - Mon, Dec 21, 2009

    I think this girl/woman is milking it for all it's worth. Does there not seem anything odd to you about this...

    I think she led him on, he was probably drunk out of his head and now she's playing the victim. Real victims don't say things like what's she's saying. They're not all dramatic like she is being, and they really hate the people who committed the act against them. They don't ask the locals "please don't judge me"... they get on with their lives.

    "She added that Foley had effectively got five years for sexually assaulting her, but that she had to live with that for life." ==> what a dramaqueen. She's playing to the media, parroting away what she heard she's supposed to feel like. People like her disgust me.

    It was only a single incident. She wasn't raped. I know it's a very serious thing, but she doesn't have to live with it for the rest of her life. She'll forget about it.

    He got five years in prison for that? I think it's ridiculous. I blame the media and the unnatural way we're brought up. It's all messed up. People are so extremely sexually repressed that they don't understand how to deal with things like this. The judge probably thinks he's such a valiant knight putting 'scum of the earth' away while the girl thinks she's a courageous woman. And worst of all, people are unable to think for themselves.

    Well that's all I have to say on it. But before you come in on your high horse, just think that some day you too might be the real victim, the person noone believes because it's not "the cool thing to do nowadays". And spare a thought of that poor man sitting inside in jail tonight because of something that he did on the spur of a moment.
    Last edited by nicegirlsarenice; 21-12-09 at 06:05.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    At home
    Posts
    22,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nicegirlsarenice View Post
    Sex assault victim asks locals not to judge her - The Irish Times - Mon, Dec 21, 2009

    I think this girl/woman is milking it for all it's worth. Does there not seem anything odd to you about this...

    I think she led him on, he was probably drunk out of his head and now she's playing the victim. Real victims don't say things like what's she's saying. They're not all dramatic like she is being, and they really hate the people who committed the act against them. They don't ask the locals "please don't judge me"... they get on with their lives.

    "She added that Foley had effectively got five years for sexually assaulting her, but that she had to live with that for life." ==> what a dramaqueen. She's playing to the media, parroting away what she heard she's supposed to feel like. People like her disgust me.

    It was only a single incident. She wasn't raped. I know it's a very serious thing, but she doesn't have to live with it for the rest of her life. She'll forget about it.

    He got five years in prison for that? I think it's ridiculous. I blame the media and the unnatural way we're brought up. It's all messed up. People are so extremely sexually repressed that they don't understand how to deal with things like this. The judge probably thinks he's such a valiant knight putting 'scum of the earth' away while the girl thinks she's a courageous woman. And worst of all, people are unable to think for themselves.

    Well that's all I have to say on it. But before you come in on your high horse, just think that some day you too might be the real victim, the person noone believes because it's not "the cool thing to do nowadays". And spare a thought of that poor man sitting inside in jail tonight because of something that he did on the spur of a moment.
    Ah come on now Nicegirls, getting raped or being sexualy assaulted does damage you psychologicaly. I dont think she will foreget about it. She may in fact never be able to trust men again or feel comfortable alone with men for the rest of her life. Since when does rape have to happen on more than one occasion for you to classify it as rape?

    Now you are right about the laws having to be at at least tweaked a bit. The law does come to favour the womans side and conderms the man for any unwanted advances towards a woman. That does seem fair enough in principle, but the reality can be different to the theory. For example if a woman is scorened and wants to get revenge she could always play the rape card and the man could go down for it. Or both parties could be intoxicated and the woman in theory could say that she doesnt remember giving consent or totaly denies consent and it is up to the man to prove his innocence on the accusation of rape
    Join the E-I Fantasy Football League

    http://www.escort-ireland.com/boards...ntasy-Football

  3. #3

    Default

    I think you are a fool.

    The girl is not playing a victim she is a victim she was sexually assaulted and left half naked, semi consious with bruises all over her body.

    The guy is a danger to women.

    Stop blaming the victim.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Tralee Co. Kerry
    Posts
    198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nicegirlsarenice View Post
    Sex assault victim asks locals not to judge her - The Irish Times - Mon, Dec 21, 2009

    I think this girl/woman is milking it for all it's worth. Does there not seem anything odd to you about this...

    I think she led him on, he was probably drunk out of his head and now she's playing the victim. Real victims don't say things like what's she's saying. They're not all dramatic like she is being, and they really hate the people who committed the act against them. They don't ask the locals "please don't judge me"... they get on with their lives.

    "She added that Foley had effectively got five years for sexually assaulting her, but that she had to live with that for life." ==> what a dramaqueen. She's playing to the media, parroting away what she heard she's supposed to feel like. People like her disgust me.

    It was only a single incident. She wasn't raped. I know it's a very serious thing, but she doesn't have to live with it for the rest of her life. She'll forget about it.

    He got five years in prison for that? I think it's ridiculous. I blame the media and the unnatural way we're brought up. It's all messed up. People are so extremely sexually repressed that they don't understand how to deal with things like this. The judge probably thinks he's such a valiant knight putting 'scum of the earth' away while the girl thinks she's a courageous woman. And worst of all, people are unable to think for themselves.

    Well that's all I have to say on it. But before you come in on your high horse, just think that some day you too might be the real victim, the person noone believes because it's not "the cool thing to do nowadays". And spare a thought of that poor man sitting inside in jail tonight because of something that he did on the spur of a moment.


    I am not charging in on my high horse but I am struggling to understand your post and the one sided view you have of this case, "It was only a single incident, she was not raped" ?? , does that make it ok ?
    You say that this girl is milking it for all it is worth ! worth what ? this is not Hollywood, she is gaining nothing.

    I do agree that the media ran with this, but the "poor man" as you call was instrumental in this whereby over 50 of his "supporters" filed passed him in court after his sentencing and shook hands with him and hugged him and wished him luck, this in full view of the girl in this case.

    While I would not give any credence to a priest giving him a character reference , this "poor man" obviously thought it would help, but that backfired on him big time.

    You say that this girl led him on and that he was drunk and this was on the spur of the moment, I would suggest that you read more details of this case , the spur of the moment actually started much earlier in the night when they met ............. of course alcohol was involved , but that does not excuse what happened.

    If this man is such a wonderful son/brother/fiancee , why was he not celebrating his birthday with his fiancee and friends instead of alone and drunk .

    I do really hope niccegirlsarenice that nothing like this ever visits your door, or to any female relative or friend of yours , but then if it is only a single incident and not rape , then it will be okay

  5. #5

    Default Muppet

    What a f**king muppet you are......

    Lucky you.... you obviously have not met a girl that has been sexually attacked or family member??

    How would you like it if it was your mother or sister that was sexually attacked eh?? Come on now answer that.... Then some ass wipe who doesnt know her says she is milkin it !?!

    Big shot coming on here with your fucked up view of the world. take a look in the mirror.

  6. #6

    Default

    Man ur some piece of work, with ur f..... up view on what happened in Kerry,
    if the same thing happened to your sister/mother, u wouldn't be talking the shite,
    the POOR MAN in jail carried a drunk lady behind a skip, undressed her, DENIED IT,
    until cctv proved otherwise and u think it's ok, go back to ur cave !!!!!!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Lost in space
    Posts
    2,648
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    My heart goes out to that woman-in Ireland if you're a victim o af crime you're made to feel as if you're to blame and deserving of the abuse handed down to you. You're victimized in court and the newspapers, and when you get home you're victimized again-if I was her I would just leave, there's no one she's going to be able to live in that town after all that's happened

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    limerick
    Posts
    3,241
    Reviews
    4

    Default

    sexual assault is the silent crime in society too much is unreported the cowardly scumbags who commit this use all kinds of excuses to get lenient sentences it ruins a woman of the gift of life it destroys her whole self
    nicegirlsarenice you have a lot to learn buddy.....

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    In a cathouse
    Posts
    3,548
    Blog Entries
    1
    Reviews
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nicegirlsarenice View Post
    Sex assault victim asks locals not to judge her - The Irish Times - Mon, Dec 21, 2009

    I think this girl/woman is milking it for all it's worth. Does there not seem anything odd to you about this...

    I think she led him on, he was probably drunk out of his head and now she's playing the victim. Real victims don't say things like what's she's saying. They're not all dramatic like she is being, and they really hate the people who committed the act against them. They don't ask the locals "please don't judge me"... they get on with their lives.

    "She added that Foley had effectively got five years for sexually assaulting her, but that she had to live with that for life." ==> what a dramaqueen. She's playing to the media, parroting away what she heard she's supposed to feel like. People like her disgust me.

    It was only a single incident. She wasn't raped. I know it's a very serious thing, but she doesn't have to live with it for the rest of her life. She'll forget about it.

    He got five years in prison for that? I think it's ridiculous. I blame the media and the unnatural way we're brought up. It's all messed up. People are so extremely sexually repressed that they don't understand how to deal with things like this. The judge probably thinks he's such a valiant knight putting 'scum of the earth' away while the girl thinks she's a courageous woman. And worst of all, people are unable to think for themselves.

    Well that's all I have to say on it. But before you come in on your high horse, just think that some day you too might be the real victim, the person noone believes because it's not "the cool thing to do nowadays". And spare a thought of that poor man sitting inside in jail tonight because of something that he did on the spur of a moment.
    I disagree with pretty much everything you've said here.

    “I wish you wouldn’t keep appearing and vanishing so suddenly; you make one quite giddy!”
    “All right,” said the Cat; and this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the end of the tail, and ending with the grin, which remained some time after the rest of it had gone.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,395

    Default

    On second thoughts maybe my original post was a bit inflammatory and biased. I would redo that post if I could, but at the same time I think there is something very strange about the case. I think that if it's shown that he did sexually assault her, like if there was some sort of witness involved, that he should be put away for a long time, maybe not 5 years though as that still sounds a bit much for me if she partially consented herself.

    The point is that we don't know what happened. She said she felt sick and because of this the judge said: “No reasonable man could believe a girl or woman in a condition like this could reasonably consent to a sexual encounter of any kind,” he said.

    I ask you, and not saying whether he did the offence or not but, is that statement taken on its own not a load of crap? Women can and do consent to sexual activity before and after getting drunk and feeling sick all the time. I certainly hope there was more "evidence" than that!!!

    Listowel bouncer jailed for sex assault | Kerry's Eye

    Quote Originally Posted by doozer121 View Post
    Ah come on now Nicegirls, getting raped or being sexualy assaulted does damage you psychologicaly. I dont think she will foreget about it. She may in fact never be able to trust men again or feel comfortable alone with men for the rest of her life. Since when does rape have to happen on more than one occasion for you to classify it as rape?
    He didn't rape anyone, rape was never used, not even attempted rape. It was "sexual assault". Calling it rape is slander... rape is much worse. And lots of things damage you psychologically, people get on with it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lou Cefer View Post
    The girl is not playing a victim she is a victim she was sexually assaulted and left half naked, semi consious with bruises all over her body.
    Her skin might have got scraped as she fell over herself. Semi-conscious? Obviously because she was drunk!! Don't say "bruises all over" if you're not sure how many there were.

    Quote Originally Posted by Milfminx View Post
    I do agree that the media ran with this, but the "poor man" as you call was instrumental in this whereby over 50 of his "supporters" filed passed him in court after his sentencing and shook hands with him and hugged him and wished him luck, this in full view of the girl in this case.
    Yeah and they had his full version of the story, we don't. Usually when people do something like that there's a reason for it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Milfminx View Post
    You say that this girl is milking it for all it is worth ! worth what ? this is not Hollywood, she is gaining nothing.
    "victims" on rare occasions get it into their heads sometimes and run with it. It might be only 1 in 1000 people that does it or has the mentality to do it, but some people get the victim mentality into their heads and love that feeling. If you look at what she's saying, to me it sounds dramatic. I personally just don't go for it, but that's just my opinion.

    I've had some experience with something that's in some ways similar to it. I strongly believe that some people who pretend they're "victims", 1/1000, like the whole process of it. They like going to the police station, making out the report, they like the feeling of having been "violated" and having to be the courageous person getting on with their lives in spite of it all. They feel it gives them a 1-up in society. Again it's just a very, very rare type of already psychologically unstable person but it can happen. They like the attention. They like that whatever they do or feel is right. They are bored, so they love the drama of it. You mentioned Hollywood... well for them it turns into Hollywood. Even if she doesn't admit it to herself. I'm telling you because it's the truth, either that or she was so brainwashed by the media. And I have had experience with something not where I did anything wrong, but with a girl acting like such a victim before.

    Quote Originally Posted by Milfminx View Post
    but that does not excuse what happened.
    Okay fine, I'll u-turn on my sympathy for him being drunk. But if that's the case, then you can't have too much sympathy for her being drunk either.

    Quote Originally Posted by onthego View Post
    Man ur some piece of work, with ur f..... up view on what happened in Kerry,
    if the same thing happened to your sister/mother, u wouldn't be talking the shite,
    the POOR MAN in jail carried a drunk lady behind a skip, undressed her, DENIED IT,
    until cctv proved otherwise and u think it's ok, go back to ur cave !!!!!!
    The CCTV evidence offered wasn't much or it would be all over the headlines of the case. The CCTV evidence certainly didn't prove her dragged her behind the skip and forcibly undressed her like you're saying it did.

    Quote Originally Posted by experienced punter View Post
    sexual assault is the silent crime in society too much is unreported the cowardly scumbags who commit this use all kinds of excuses to get lenient sentences it ruins a woman of the gift of life it destroys her whole self
    nicegirlsarenice you have a lot to learn buddy.....
    But at the same time we can't use one guy as a scapegoat where they were both drunk and there was no evidence. It's wrong. You have to have decent evidence to convict someone.

    Of course I sympathise entirely with the complainant if she really was sexually assaulted and knew what was happening all the time. But what about how she's talking about bringing another legal case against the people who showed up to shake his hand???

    Surely be to god if they were legally allowed to be there in court at that time, that they are entitled to shake his hand if they want??? You can't use every single thing against him, maybe he had good reason to be there??? What if he was hated in the community and nobody would stand up for him, nobody would give him a character reference, would you say that proves that he was a bad guy as well? I think character references are kind of unfair as well, it's the evidence that should be looked at.

    If the alleged "victim" is upset then that's something she's feeling inside herself. I don't think you should be able to say "you're upsetting me" and then that be used in evidence against someone. No, you have to deal with the facts, to deal with what actually happened. That's why I'm always against the idea of "victim impact statements", but it's just my opinion on the matter.
    Last edited by nicegirlsarenice; 21-12-09 at 18:20.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •