Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Fair Deal Scheme and Nursing Home care in Ireland

Reviews

Sounds like you don't have full story. Perhaps they had medical cards.

I'll say it again, we are an ageing population. Good luck getting help covered in your piss

Stop voting FFG

Reviews

You reckon SF will do anything for working folk ?
    Dream on. Increase the dole and prioritise wasters getting forever homes is best case if they are in government...

Funnily enough. Fair deal is heavily state funded but folk are too quick to presume otherwise
    Last edited by SecretaryLover; 15-07-23 at 23:29.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretaryLover View Post
    You reckon SF will do anything for working folk ?
    Dream on. Increase the dole and prioritise wasters getting forever homes is best case if they are in government...

Funnily enough. Fair deal is heavily state funded but folk are too quick to presume otherwise
    I'm a Social Democrat mate, Holly Cairns all the way

Reviews

My mother needs full time nursing care since having a stroke last year , we didnt know what we were facing when applied for fair deal . Tbh i can not find a problem with it never once was their a question about the family home which my father still lives in apart from getting it valued which the estate agent kept on the lower end of the scale when he knew what it was for , the balance of cost is shared with my siblings and what i pay a month is less than i would pay for an hours company with a beautiful lady on here . Plus the care that she receives is second to none .

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rbpdick For This Useful Post:

Mrbean76 (16-07-23), Stephanie (17-07-23)

Reviews

Well they'll never be in government anyway ...

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by SecretaryLover View Post
    ....there's quite a few folk with quite decent private pensions.
    They would be excluded from this scheme.

Reviews

John40 I am in similar situation to you and the costs mentioned are very similar. I have to pay around €400 a week, the State pays the rest. Its based on my parents assest and finances. If they had fuck all, I'd probably be paying nothing. Its a fair enough scheme. The State takes the hit 100% after 3 years, dont forget that.

The fair deal scheme calculates payment based on the value of assets and the home if the person owns one. The person should be receiving nearly 300 a week in state pension so a 400 a week payment isn't bad on that basis. If you are not happy with the particular home you can find another without affecting the fair deal payment or having to reapply. HSE run homes are better than private but can cost more (1.8k per week) but it doesn't matter as your fair deal payment remains the same and the HSE pays the rest - same for a more expensive private home Having said that some private homes are fine but you may be constrained by availability of places depending on whereabouts in the country you and your father live.

Quote Originally Posted by Airbusdriver View Post
    John40 I am in similar situation to you and the costs mentioned are very similar. I have to pay around €400 a week, the State pays the rest. Its based on my parents assest and finances. If they had fuck all, I'd probably be paying nothing. Its a fair enough scheme. The State takes the hit 100% after 3 years, dont forget that.
    Is it really the case that the state covers 100% of the cost after 3 years. I thought it was just that the 3 year cap on the value of the house being used was removed

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast