Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: New Signature Rules

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    Well Patricia that seems like a very fair compromise ,as i presume there will be no
    restrictions on what u put in ure sig regards advertising etc once u stay within guidelines
    But the most important thing is that it seems we have saved the Cat.
    We are all going round to El Gordos gaff tonight to celebrate

Ps I never had a sig till this controversy but now i have added one,all
    it be a modest one which strictly adheres to guidlines of course
    I like that sig Ber. Nice to see sum true statements in sigs...

Blog Entries
    Reviews

The cat will need a slimming cure. He currently weighs 150x150 pixels. Better than being put down, though.

“I wish you wouldn’t keep appearing and vanishing so suddenly; you make one quite giddy!”
    “All right,” said the Cat; and this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the end of the tail, and ending with the grin, which remained some time after the rest of it had gone.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default whiskas

Quote Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
    The cat will need a slimming cure. He currently weighs 150x150 pixels. Better than being put down, though.
    Well cut back on the whiskas,oh and stop feeding her bit of biscuits when ure eating them at
    computer
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

Default While you are busy scrutinising signatures....

Any chance of someone sorting out my location - you know - paying advertiser.

No pressure

T
    xxx

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor of Manchester View Post
    Any chance of someone sorting out my location - you know - paying advertiser.

No pressure

T
    xxx
    Well I could hardly say no to that. Is it fixed to your satisfaction now?

Pat (at your service)

Just a quick one... This rule is being implied just because the big sigs take too much space on the pages and it makes the site slower, is this right?

I think I'm eventually getting it, if this is the reason

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Anna23 View Post
    Just a quick one... This rule is being implied just because the big sigs take too much space on the pages and it makes the site slower, is this right?
    Yes, that's a major reason, but it is also because very big signatures are annoying to some users and it is not felt they are necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    Yes, that's a major reason, but it is also because very big signatures are annoying to some users and it is not felt they are necessary.
    Cool! I got it now. Thanks for the explanation.

Now I have just measured Karins sig which comes under the allowed limits if I'm right. I have also measured my current sig to find out, that it is only about less than half n inch taller than Karin's.
    So I thought, if i only use a smaller size 3, it will make the sig shorter and it will also come up in less lines BUT the system didnt allowed this. Why is this?

I am very cooperative, you see?

Blog Entries

Default I've sent Particia to warm the bed for me........

Cool! I got it now. Thanks for the explanation.

Now I have just measured Karins sig which comes under the allowed limits if I'm right. I have also measured my current sig to find out, that it is only about less than half n inch taller than Karin's.
    So I thought, if i only use a smaller size 3, it will make the sig shorter and it will also come up in less lines BUT the system didnt allowed this. Why is this?

I am very cooperative, you see?
    But it's my understanding that it's not actually about the size of the sig Anna. Or at least not in inches or millimeters etc........

This is Patricias latest update on her first post in the thread..........

UPDATE: Due to many complaints that this new rule is too harsh, I have comprimised. Instead of no pics, you will be allowed 1 image (maximum 100 x 100 pixels / avatar size). You will be allowed 6 lines of text max 540 characters (1080 including bbcode). The max letter size of 3 still applies. I hope this new comprimise will be more acceptable to those of you who objected to the new rule, as I don't want to ruin anybody's fun but I do think we need to put some sensible limits in place regards signatures. Thank you.

It's more about the size of the font, number of charecters, and the amount of lines in it...........

I'm not sure why the system is not allowing you to do this. I'll take a look for you...........
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Blog Entries

Default Anna...........

I took a look at your sig and the system has allowed me to change your sig. I'm not sure what it wouldn't let you do it............

I've just changed the font size to "3" as a test and it's changed it but I don't want to do any more as I'll leave it to you to do the adjustments yourself..........

If you're having any problems with it, or the system won't allow you to do something on it, just let me know and I'll have a look at it again.........
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast