Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Rte

Reviews

Other opinions are allowed
    Age doesn't equal maturity - just look around !
    Unhappy ? press ignore user in settings

Reviews

Other opinions are allowed
    Age doesn't equal maturity - just look around !
    Unhappy ? press ignore user in settings

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by joggon View Post
    “We’re just heading down to the shops…are you alright for flip flops like?”

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TommyH123 For This Useful Post:

HotRockinLove (05-07-23)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by joggon View Post
    "...it was at this point that I realised the car I was driving
    was not in fact mine but had been loaded to me by RTE
    for the last five years.."
    I have too much wisdom to keep to myself,
    so I share my wisdom with everyone.
    Not my fault nobody listens to me.

Normally I don't get too hyped up with the negative news stories but there is so much information about the RTE scandal at the moment, I thought I would share

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♤♤♡♡♡♡♡♡

RTÉ says that €1.6m was spent on client entertainment and corporate hospitality over the last 10 years through barter accounts, here's a little run down of a few of the transactions.

�� €2,300 spent on membership of Soho House, an exclusive members’ only accommodation space in London.

�� €4,956 on 200 pairs of Haviannas flip flops for a summer party for agencies and clients in 2016.

�� €874 for a chauffeur to drive an eight-month pregnant member of NK Management staff so she could attend an event.

�� €13,730 spent on an Ed Sheeran concert at Croke Park in November 2015, including food, drink and merchandise.

�� €12,200 spent on Bruce Springsteen tickets by RTÉ’s then head of sales in what is described as an “agency event” on August 24th 2016.

�� €9,090 spent on tickets for Aviva Stadium corporate boxes for concerts held by Harry Styles, Eagles and Westlife.

�� €1,760 spent on Garth Brooks tickets when he performed in Croke Park, while an additional €2,481 was spent on hospitality for those attending the concert.

�� €3,681 spent on an executive board meeting which was cancelled but still charged for.

�� Nearly €6,000 spent on accommodation for an executive board meeting at Druids Glen in December 2016.

�� €2,499 spent on a “thank you” lunch for a client who provided €20m worth of advertising revenue in 2021.

�� €2,538 spent on a Christmas lunch for staff and clients in 2021.

�� 21,000 spent on agency and client summer party at Teelings Distillery with €2,161 listed for spending “balloons and set up”.

�� €1,178 spent on a leaving lunch for former director general Noel Curran.

�� €22,306 spent on furniture and branding for Renault events.

�� €15,987 soent on a Renault event in Cork and €13,358 on a similar event in Dublin.

�� €13,462 spent on a 2017 golf outing in Powerscourt for former head of commercial Willie O'Reilly and more than €5,148 spent with McGuirks golf equipment provider for sweaters, golf balls and shoe hire.

�� Nearly €10,000 spent on a screening of its legal drama Striking Out for sponsors and guests in 2016 with €2,301 spent on drinks for the same event in the Irish Film Institute.

�� Nearly €30,000 spent on what is listed as ‘Cinema: RTÉ Centenary’ in March 2016 with then director general Noel Curran and invited guests, commercial guests, clients and agencies also referenced.

�� Over €3,600 spent on 60 Ireland jerseys for the 2016 European Championships.

�� €571 on pizza and food for the commercial floor in March 2018.

�� €538 spent by the head of sales on a Shamrock Rovers Golf Classic in 2016.
    ** DAILY UPDATES ON MY TWITTER @Irishlyndsay

New XXR Content Bundles now available - 0874506911

WHATSAPP ME FOR VIRTUAL SERVICES.......

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lyndsay26 For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (06-07-23), Corsasport (06-07-23), HotRockinLove (06-07-23), lildick (06-07-23), Rooney2808 (06-07-23)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Lyndsay26 View Post
    Normally I don't get too hyped up with the negative news stories but there is so much information about the RTE scandal at the moment, I thought I would share

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♤♤♡♡♡♡♡♡

RTÉ says that €1.6m was spent on client entertainment and corporate hospitality over the last 10 years through barter accounts, here's a little run down of a few of the transactions.

�� €2,300 spent on membership of Soho House, an exclusive members’ only accommodation space in London.

�� €4,956 on 200 pairs of Haviannas flip flops for a summer party for agencies and clients in 2016.

�� €874 for a chauffeur to drive an eight-month pregnant member of NK Management staff so she could attend an event.

�� €13,730 spent on an Ed Sheeran concert at Croke Park in November 2015, including food, drink and merchandise.

�� €12,200 spent on Bruce Springsteen tickets by RTÉ’s then head of sales in what is described as an “agency event” on August 24th 2016.

�� €9,090 spent on tickets for Aviva Stadium corporate boxes for concerts held by Harry Styles, Eagles and Westlife.

�� €1,760 spent on Garth Brooks tickets when he performed in Croke Park, while an additional €2,481 was spent on hospitality for those attending the concert.

�� €3,681 spent on an executive board meeting which was cancelled but still charged for.

�� Nearly €6,000 spent on accommodation for an executive board meeting at Druids Glen in December 2016.

�� €2,499 spent on a “thank you” lunch for a client who provided €20m worth of advertising revenue in 2021.

�� €2,538 spent on a Christmas lunch for staff and clients in 2021.

�� 21,000 spent on agency and client summer party at Teelings Distillery with €2,161 listed for spending “balloons and set up”.

�� €1,178 spent on a leaving lunch for former director general Noel Curran.

�� €22,306 spent on furniture and branding for Renault events.

�� €15,987 soent on a Renault event in Cork and €13,358 on a similar event in Dublin.

�� €13,462 spent on a 2017 golf outing in Powerscourt for former head of commercial Willie O'Reilly and more than €5,148 spent with McGuirks golf equipment provider for sweaters, golf balls and shoe hire.

�� Nearly €10,000 spent on a screening of its legal drama Striking Out for sponsors and guests in 2016 with €2,301 spent on drinks for the same event in the Irish Film Institute.

�� Nearly €30,000 spent on what is listed as ‘Cinema: RTÉ Centenary’ in March 2016 with then director general Noel Curran and invited guests, commercial guests, clients and agencies also referenced.

�� Over €3,600 spent on 60 Ireland jerseys for the 2016 European Championships.

�� €571 on pizza and food for the commercial floor in March 2018.

�� €538 spent by the head of sales on a Shamrock Rovers Golf Classic in 2016.
    And not a Euro spent on our beautiful ladies.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lildick For This Useful Post:

Rockerman (06-07-23), TommyH123 (06-07-23)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by lildick View Post
    And not a Euro spent on our beautiful ladies.
    I'd imagine there was.

Reviews

It's such a load of shite. It starts at the top with the government...sure RTE are just their mouthpiece pushing their agenda.

Funny everyone is always sorry when they're caught. "Sorry honey, I messed up." Now we have the spokesmen/spokeswomen coming out saying this is unacceptable and we're looking into it lol. Another "pull the ladder up Jack" situation we have in Ireland.

Once you fuck up...you are out!

Sure look at the FAI with John Delaney. Some spot he was living in in Dublin with his rent covered...no wonder he was buying the football fans a few pints!

Wasn't it your man Shatter who put in like a €2 Luas ticket into travel expenses the miserable bastard and him earning a fortune!

I don't know how this bollocks is accepted. Dublin City the dirtiest capital in Western Europe... even Grafton Street has gone to the dogs with broken windows and homeless in doorways meanwhile they Ponce about doing what they like?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Rockerman For This Useful Post:

TommyH123 (06-07-23)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Rockerman View Post
    I'd imagine there was.
    I'd be 99.9% sure there was

14. The Following User Says Thank You to TommyH123 For This Useful Post:

BIGUY99 (08-07-23)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Rockerman View Post
    It's such a load of shite. It starts at the top with the government...sure RTE are just their mouthpiece pushing their agenda.

Funny everyone is always sorry when they're caught. "Sorry honey, I messed up." Now we have the spokesmen/spokeswomen coming out saying this is unacceptable and we're looking into it lol. Another "pull the ladder up Jack" situation we have in Ireland.

Once you fuck up...you are out!

Sure look at the FAI with John Delaney. Some spot he was living in in Dublin with his rent covered...no wonder he was buying the football fans a few pints!

Wasn't it your man Shatter who put in like a €2 Luas ticket into travel expenses the miserable bastard and him earning a fortune!

I don't know how this bollocks is accepted. Dublin City the dirtiest capital in Western Europe... even Grafton Street has gone to the dogs with broken windows and homeless in doorways meanwhile they Ponce about doing what they like?
    Carlsberg don't do corrupt countries but if they did they'd struggle to produce a more corrupt shithole than this place, nepotism is rife, sure our Ryan is a grandson of a past RTE chairman...surprise surprise

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TommyH123 For This Useful Post:

BIGUY99 (08-07-23), Rockerman (06-07-23)

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast