Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Disqualified from driving

Quote Originally Posted by Notabot View Post
    Shit situation for you, but it's all self inflicted. How a so called "professional" driver didn't have the cop on to slow down after being caught the second time is beyond me.
    Try driving 50/60 hours a week see how easy it is to get points

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Noregrets For This Useful Post:

Clubcard (28-04-23), robbie9 (28-04-23)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Noregrets View Post
    Are you an arctic driver?

Reviews

Shit situation for you, but it's all self inflicted. How a so called "professional" driver didn't have the cop on to slow down after being caught the second time is beyond me.
    I'd say not all those points are for speeding!! A lot of them have speed limiters in them.

He could of got them from the port tunnel.

5. Default

I work in sales. I drive all around the country for my job. Have been doing so for years. Without a license I can't do my job so I quickly copped on after I was done for speeding before. No penalty points on my license since 2010 so it's quiet easy to not get 12 points when driving for a living.

I done 2 years of a 3 year ban torture alright when you live out the country and the insurance company love to see you coming after a handy 3500 after it so they screw you every way .

I’m the sod driving Miss Daisy around at the moment. 9 points and nursing the car around for another 18th this until they come off.
    I’ll admit, speeding is speeding but 116 in a 100 zone, immediately (150m)after dropping from a 120 and 57 in a 50 is taking the piss. First one - didn’t see the 60 sign as I overtook a truck on a climbing lane and was nabbed at 90. Hadnt a scooby do why the blue lights pulled me in.

Hang tough brother - shit situation to be in.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by GlickZim View Post
    Seeing this thread, makes me want to finish my driving lessons and get on with it. Can't believe I am at this age unable to drive. Hopefully by the summer
    What age you be...20s?

Hope you don't need riding lessons .

Good luck with that. No time like the present. Make sure by the summer. No more putting things off lad.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rockerman For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (28-04-23), GlickZim (28-04-23)

I work in sales. I drive all around the country for my job. Have been doing so for years. Without a license I can't do my job so I quickly copped on after I was done for speeding before. No penalty points on my license since 2010 so it's quiet easy to not get 12 points when driving for a living.
    No penalty points in 7 years then 2 lots in a very short space of time.

Your comment suggests you don't actually drive all over the country.

The speed limits are not consistent and therfore its easy to get caught out on unfamiliar roads.
    Few examples
    Naast to Dublin, M7 becomes N7 speed drops to 100 even though still motorway standard.
    M1 becomes N1 speed remains 120.

Crossing county borders roads can go from 1 speed to another with no reason bar different local authorities.

Countless examples, easy not to get caught on roads your familiar with not easy on others.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Noregrets For This Useful Post:

Rockerman (28-04-23)

Quote Originally Posted by StradLad69 View Post
    Yeah I don't think I'd chance driving local, especially as it was the local garda to give the last few points, and he knew what he was doing! I drive up the farm alright but its only about 500m away from home lol.

Its a pain, have the Mrs dropping me in ans out of work everyday, 15 mins each way
    Could you not get the wife to drop you to see one of the lovely ladies?

13. Default

No penalty points in 7 years then 2 lots in a very short space of time.

Your comment suggests you don't actually drive all over the country.

The speed limits are not consistent and therfore its easy to get caught out on unfamiliar roads.
    Few examples
    Naast to Dublin, M7 becomes N7 speed drops to 100 even though still motorway standard.
    M1 becomes N1 speed remains 120.

Crossing county borders roads can go from 1 speed to another with no reason bar different local authorities.

Countless examples, easy not to get caught on roads your familiar with not easy on others.
    Please don't try to suggest what I do as you've no idea. I don't cross the border so no need to worry about that. As for the m7 becoming the n7 and dropping to 100km. I assume you've noticed when people are traveling the opposite way and it goes from 100km to 120km they notice the sign for 120km and speed up? Maybe if people put the same level of attention into looking for the signs were the speed reduces they'll be grand.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast