Thread: Asking for a rematch is stupid.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Asking for a rematch is stupid.

Ireland are just embarrassing themselves by going for this.

Minister of Justice Dermot Ahern was on CNN today and it was really pathetic to see him moaning on about it. It's embarrassing to Ireland, Brian Cowen is making a fool of himself. They're a disgrace to the people of Ireland on an international level. Sure, we're getting our time in the limelight, something unfair happened to us. But at the end of the day it's just bad referreeing, we don't have to get so volatile about it and cause an international incident.... involving our government, getting Cowen to talk to Sarkozy and maybe he'd let us replay the match, what a joke.

The only person that was decently persuasive and said the right things was John Delaney. He's a good speaker and an intelligent man, he talked about the "protect the integrity of the game" and FIFA's fair play motto etc. but he himself knew it was all bullshit.

The only other time it ever happened that a match was replayed was for a technical fault where the referree didn't know the RULES.

John Delaney had to go back to a game from Arsenal and Sheffield United (not even Sheffield Wednesday) from years ago to find a rematch in any way similar. The reason the match was replayed was because Arsenal knew they would blow them away the second time and wanted to make it up to their fans so they agreed to it!!!! To think that the French FA might agree with it is lunatic asylum stuff in the extreme.

Trapattoni at the press conference today was very down, he was grieving, and to have this stupid bullshit thrown at him, an elderly man near the end of his life and career, is cruelty in the extreme. He struck me today as like the head of a group of under 10s or something after they had lost a match after a bad decision. And a couple of the under 10s running up to him and saying "hey, what do you think??? maybe we can replay the match??? omg yes, maybe we can, can we? can we? can we????".... and him shaking his head sadly and saying... "errr.... noooo..... that's impossible".

To protect the integrity of soccer they SHOULD NOT have a rematch. Having a rematch is what would be a FIX. I hope they have a rematch... they won't.... but it would be stupid for soccer if they did.

And to say that Henry did something wrong is one of the most fucking retarded things I have ever heard in my life!!! It's his JOB to get away with what he can. That's his OBJECTIVE. That's what players do, they try to get away with all they can.

Henry "chanced his arm" yesterday, and he got away with it. He cheated, but there was a certain skill in it. He had to be extremely shrewd to do it. It's hard for Ireland.... but it worked. That's why video-refereeing isn't implemented.... because it would finish all the "gamesmanship" and the notorious diving incidents etc. That's a part of the game as well, getting away with what you can. Video referreeing would do away with all of that... I think it would be for the better but there's the flip side of it as well. You'd never see another dive in your life.
    Last edited by nicegirlsarenice; 19-11-09 at 19:55.