Page 52 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: Champions cup rugby.

Great win for connacht away to pau. They won 40-30. They will be away to bennetton in the qf. A good day for the irish teams in the challenge cup.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ketchup2023 For This Useful Post:

Ryankelvin (07-04-24), Scrumhalf9 (09-04-24)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup2023 View Post
    Toulouse won 31-7. So all home wins in the last 16. The qf line up is bordeaux v harlequins, leinster v la rochelle, northampton v bulls and toulouse v exeter. Will their be all home wins next weekend?
    La Rochelle were away in South Africa for their win... And hopefully that takes it out of them for next week.

I hope Leinster win next week (have my tickets already) but if they play the same as yesterday, or the knocks people took turn into injuries, they don't win.

Bulls might beat Northampton too, but again might not. That will be a good close game.

Home wins in the other two quarters, guaranteed. Toulouse haven't lost a home game in 2 years. Friday night was Quinns first ever knock-out win in the Heineken Cup, and Bordeaux are great to watch, so I don't see Quinns winning away.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FredBiscuits For This Useful Post:

Ketchup2023 (07-04-24), Ryankelvin (07-04-24), Scrumhalf9 (09-04-24)

Quote Originally Posted by FredBiscuits View Post
    La Rochelle were away in South Africa for their win... And hopefully that takes it out of them for next week.

I hope Leinster win next week (have my tickets already) but if they play the same as yesterday, or the knocks people took turn into injuries, they don't win.

Bulls might beat Northampton too, but again might not. That will be a good close game.

Home wins in the other two quarters, guaranteed. Toulouse haven't lost a home game in 2 years. Friday night was Quinns first ever knock-out win in the Heineken Cup, and Bordeaux are great to watch, so I don't see Quinns winning away.
    Yes you are right. La rochelle were the only team to get an away win. Should be a great game with them and leinster next weekend. I see its fixed for 5.30 on saturday. Hope you enjoy it.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ketchup2023 For This Useful Post:

Ryankelvin (07-04-24), Scrumhalf9 (09-04-24)

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup2023 View Post
    Yes you are right. La rochelle were the only team to get an away win. Should be a great game with them and leinster next weekend. I see its fixed for 5.30 on saturday. Hope you enjoy it.
    What’s ROG up to with the Cork stay? On some level he’s killing two birds with one stone, team bonding, avoiding local press. On another level is he living rent free in Leinster heads? Jacques Neinaber seems to be fully au fait with the arrangement at any rate. Will be interesting to see how this will play out. I thought Jacquie Cahill was playing silly buggers when she announced it post match. Adds a bit of craic to the whole thing.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Scrumhalf9 For This Useful Post:

robbie9 (10-04-24)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Scrumhalf9 View Post
    What’s ROG up to with the Cork stay? On some level he’s killing two birds with one stone, team bonding, avoiding local press. On another level is he living rent free in Leinster heads? Jacques Neinaber seems to be fully au fait with the arrangement at any rate. Will be interesting to see how this will play out. I thought Jacquie Cahill was playing silly buggers when she announced it post match. Adds a bit of craic to the whole thing.
    Think Leinster will get the better of la rochelle this weekend.

The travel to South Africa from France, then back to South Africa has to take its toll.

Will Skelton will be targeted by Leinster no doubt

Reviews

Semi final confirmed for Croke Park if Leinster beat la rochelle.

Tickets won't be hard to get for that match I'd imagine.
    Last edited by robbie9; 11-04-24 at 16:09.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to robbie9 For This Useful Post:

Ketchup2023 (11-04-24), Ryankelvin (13-04-24)

Quote Originally Posted by robbie9 View Post
    Semi final confirmed for Croke Park if Leinster beat la rochelle.

Tickets won't be hard to get for that match I'd imagine.
    There’s only one team could fill Croke Park v Leinster in champions cup and sadly, that’s in the rear view mirror.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Scrumhalf9 For This Useful Post:

robbie9 (12-04-24)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Scrumhalf9 View Post
    There’s only one team could fill Croke Park v Leinster in champions cup and sadly, that’s in the rear view mirror.
    Munster?

Quote Originally Posted by robbie9 View Post
    Great win, Leinster made some world class players look very average!

I think Leinster may just edge La Rochelle by 5-8 points.
    Hopefully you will be right robbie. Maybe the fact that leinster beat them in the group phase will give them a bit of confidence mentally wise. But in knockout games la rochelle have the upper hand. What have leinster learned over the last 3 years? 2 finals and a sf defeat to them.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Ketchup2023 For This Useful Post:

Ryankelvin (13-04-24)

Reviews

Ringrose is a big loss, but I think Leinster might just get through.
    By 2 /3 points.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Ryankelvin For This Useful Post:

Ketchup2023 (13-04-24)

Page 52 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast