Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Golf or what's the greatest excuse to get out to punt

Reviews

Default Golf or what's the greatest excuse to get out to punt

OK, maybe this has been done before, for me golf as I play 2 - 3 times a week.

I have booked with a lady tomorrow morning around 11.30am, waiting on confirmation. My wife then asked me 10 minutes ago what are we doing tomorrow, I said I'm going golf at 10.30am and she said OK, as she knows golf comes 1st haha. So if only 1 punt and i get home, I can say played crap only done 9 holes back in 2-3 hours, if was going to 2 punts or more then I done 18 holes had dinner and back home in 6-7 hours. This is my easiest excuse to disappear. What's yours?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterbarlow For This Useful Post:

ford pefect (26-03-23), robbie9 (25-03-23)

Reviews

...and what if it rains Peter? You live in Ireland...Golf is a terrible excuse.

Saturday is my free day...I can get lucky on a Sunday too on occasion. She visits both her mother and last surviving grandparent on a Saturday. I just do my thing...out and about and I find fitting in the things you say is a good idea. I'd do a couple of bets, but I could be in the bookies ten minutes, but make out an hour or more. I also call to my father's once a week and sort his recycling out. I keep it real.

If I'm on the drink I don't need excuses.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by peterbarlow View Post

I have booked with a lady tomorrow morning around 11.30am, waiting on confirmation. My wife then asked me 10 minutes ago what are we doing tomorrow, I said I'm going golf at 10.30am and she said OK, as she knows golf comes 1st haha. So if only 1 punt and i get home, I can say played crap only done 9 holes back in 2-3 hours, if was going to 2 punts or more then I done 18 holes had dinner and back home in 6-7 hours. This is my easiest excuse to disappear. What's yours?
    I find being divorced makes it all quite simple

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jekyl69 For This Useful Post:

AmorInfinito8 (27-03-23), ford pefect (26-03-23), Rockerman (25-03-23)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Rockerman View Post

Saturday is my free day...I can get lucky on a Sunday too on occasion. She visits both her mother and last surviving grandparent on a Saturday. I just do my thing...out and about and I find fitting in the things you say is a good idea. I'd do a couple of bets, but I could be in the bookies ten minutes, but make out an hour or more. I also call to my father's once a week and sort his recycling out. I keep it real.

I still go out in the rain, just sit in thy club house chatting and grabbing a bite to eat. 🤣🤣 like you i get a free Saturday and Sunday for 3 weekends in a row as she works mostly weekends hence I punt early Saturday and Sunday mornings and also the traffic is very quiet now the bright evenings are coming in tomorrow i can still get back for agame of golf 😉

Reviews

Work, as long as I have advance warning I can usually get away for at least a few hours or overnight

Your Mrs should take up golf

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey1 View Post
    Your Mrs should take up golf
    Not a chance 😫😫😫

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Rockerman View Post

That is the secret, keep it real, I never say I知 somewhere that I知 not and I知 rarely out of contact, less lies, less lies to remember 👍

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by TommyH123 View Post
    That is the secret, keep it real, I never say I知 somewhere that I知 not and I知 rarely out of contact, less lies, less lies to remember 👍
    Correct pal, keep it short and sweet and you wont get found out. 😉

Reviews

Correct pal, keep it short and sweet and you wont get found out. 😉
    Yeah worked for the last 5 years anyway 👍

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast