Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Burke Debate!!

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by punterminator View Post
    Nobody is asking to have their sex changed, they're asking to be referred to by their chosen pronouns.
    A tiny gesture that would cost Burke fucking nothing.
    How many pronouns are there now. Who decides what the pronouns are acceptable? Where do we draw the line?. If a child decided thier chosen pronoun was nothing do you think any teacher would be comfortable calling a child nothing?.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to pegmyass85 For This Useful Post:

JMastodon (11-03-23)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by pegmyass85 View Post
    How many pronouns are there now. Who decides what the pronouns are acceptable? Where do we draw the line?. If a child decided thier chosen pronoun was nothing do you think any teacher would be comfortable calling a child nothing?.
    Nobody has to agree/disagree with pronouns… I find the whole thing a bit ridiculous… two genders.. pick one!!! But he could have simply called or referred to the child by name and that would be end of it… no compromise on his values and the child would have been happy too!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to charlie82 For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (08-03-23)

Reviews

Ah behave yourself, it's a literal child with gender identity issues. What's the harm in using different pronouns if it makes them feel better. Don't you think their life is hard enough as it is?
    Anything's a dildo if you're brave enough.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to punterminator For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (08-03-23), claremorris (09-03-23)

Reviews

Ah behave yourself, it's a literal child with gender identity issues. What's the harm in using different pronouns if it makes them feel better. Don't you think their life is hard enough as it is?
    So you see no harm in a child being a nothing and tell other to call them nothing from now on?.

Think my identity crisis will start tomorrow. Be great when people in work refer to me as penis carrier

8. The Following User Says Thank You to pegmyass85 For This Useful Post:

JMastodon (11-03-23)

Reviews

So you see no harm in a child being a nothing and tell other to call them nothing from now on?.

Think my identity crisis will start tomorrow. Be great when people in work refer to me as penis carrier
    That's a complete straw man argument and nothing to do with the actual issue.
    Transphobes always reductio ad absurdum the issue until they have us chopping the willys off five year olds and marrying our dogs. Really speaks to how weak their argument is.
    Anything's a dildo if you're brave enough.

Reviews

That's a complete straw man argument and nothing to do with the actual issue.
    Transphobes always reductio ad absurdum the issue until they have us chopping the willys off five year olds and marrying our dogs. Really speaks to how weak their argument is.
    Nothing to do with issues? How dare you refuse to call me by my preferred pronoun and tell me it's nothing to do with issue. Who do you think you are?.
    What does it take from you if by acknowledging my preferred pronoun?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by JennyIrish View Post
    This country really is full of some great comic wit, I could spend all morning on Twitter in tears over the Burke posts!!!

However, what do you think?

My tuppence:'I'm non binary - refer to me as they/them - conform to this or I will be perpetually offended" is attention seeking bull.

HOWEVER,

extremist views, religious bigotry and non inclusive views have no place in modern society. I think Justice Birmingham was correct in his ruling that Burke failed to extend goodwill and flexibility to the child and his/her parents wishes and that his view should not take precedence over the childs request to be accepted as he/she is,

So what do you think? Enoch Burke: a wrongly persecuted revolutionary or an extremist religious bigot?

(Or C: every Judges/prison Governers worst nightmare )

Go!
    I think that whole family of religious bigots should be deported to Chrimea, give them something to complain about. That little Russian dictator would take care of them.
    We have two lives , the second begins when we realise we only have one .....

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrbean76 For This Useful Post:

Noregrets (10-03-23)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbean76 View Post
    I think that whole family of religious bigots should be deported to Chrimea, give them something to complain about. That little Russian dictator would take care of them.
    I hear Rwanda are short on immigrants right now, theres a place for them

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jekyl69 For This Useful Post:

Mrbean76 (10-03-23), Noregrets (10-03-23)

Reviews

So you have to ask , who is actually funding the Burkes. To cause the disruption in the Dublin courts like they do with multiple unemployed family members requires financial backing. The Iona institute comes to mind but even that bunch of extremists are unlikely to be associated with the Burkes, so where is the money coming from ?

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jekyl69 For This Useful Post:

beautyaddict (09-03-23), claremorris (09-03-23), Lighthearted2022 (09-03-23), Noregrets (10-03-23)

Quote Originally Posted by jekyl69 View Post
    So you have to ask , who is actually funding the Burkes. To cause the disruption in the Dublin courts like they do with multiple unemployed family members requires financial backing. The Iona institute comes to mind but even that bunch of extremists are unlikely to be associated with the Burkes, so where is the money coming from ?
    I was wondering the same thing, any ordinary Joe, to be suddenly unemployed AND with daily fines of 700e, youd be up in arms, does he not have any financial commitments to meet?? I doubt they are funded by anyone from what I've read they have never associated with any other Evangelical community, they set up their own branch but dont allow anyone else in!!

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast