Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have good advice for when you have to go to HR?

Default Anyone have good advice for when you have to go to HR?

I know you're allowed to record everything. You can appeal any decision your not happy with. Refer to the code of conduct and procedures. Your boss has to follow those things too. Any more advice would be greatly appreciated

Love you all
    Xox
    I Love You

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Electro For This Useful Post:

AmorInfinito8 (01-03-23), robbie9 (01-03-23), rockonallnite (28-02-23)

Reviews

Always remember, HR are not looking out for your interests and are not on your side. They are employed by the company to look after the companies best interests.
    Very unlikely HR will react favourably to any appeal without significant new evidence but you are entitled to arbitration but this is best dealt with by an employment lawyer.
    Anything's a dildo if you're brave enough.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to punterminator For This Useful Post:

AmorInfinito8 (01-03-23), Privet (28-02-23), Rooney2808 (28-02-23), Toolbox (28-02-23), WellDressed (28-02-23)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Electro View Post
    I know you're allowed to record everything. You can appeal any decision your not happy with. Refer to the code of conduct and procedures. Your boss has to follow those things too. Any more advice would be greatly appreciated

Love you all
    Xox

If you're in a union bring a Rep
    If not you can bring someone you trust as a witness but you must inform HR before hand

Say as little as possible, record meetings on your phone if you can!!

I worked with a guy once who was being harassed and threatened by one of his bosses, he met and reported to HR and they did nothing other than protect the manager!

His solicitor contacted HR to discuss why his clients concerns had not been dealt with, they denied ever being told!

Solicitors response

" I have this guy sitting here in my office and have listened to recordings of two meetings he's had with you about the harassment and threats that he reported!!
    would you like me to play them for you? Or would you prefer to listen to them in court"

He got a big payout and the manager got a slap on the wrist and told to have no further contact with him!!

If he hadn't used his brain they would have found a way to get rid of him by giving him the sack!
    Making finding a new job ever hard!!!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AmorInfinito8 For This Useful Post:

clarelad (28-02-23), Corsasport (28-02-23), rockonallnite (28-02-23)

Reviews

Some good general advice on www.boards.ie & the Citizens Information website.

It would be easier to offer more relevant advice if one had mor details of the purpose of your meeting.
    Did they ask to meet you or did you ask to meet them ? Have you been subject to verbal or written warnings.

Definitely bring a Union Rep - failing that a friend.

Hope it goes well for you.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bigmango For This Useful Post:

AmorInfinito8 (28-02-23)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by punterminator View Post
    Always remember, HR are not looking out for your interests and are not on your side. They are employed by the company to look after the companies best interests.
    Very unlikely HR will react favourably to any appeal without significant new evidence but you are entitled to arbitration but this is best dealt with by an employment lawyer.
    This.

Once you report a problem to HR they go into investigation mode but not on your behalf, against you. HR are employed by the company to keep the status quo that the company wants. If you report a big problem they are not going to go after upper management, easier to blame the victim. Then they will hit you with warnings and PIPs down the line (not straight away too suspicious).

HR like all people in the company are employed by the boss, they do what they are told, if they don't they'll be fired for someone who toes the line.

If it's not major, drop it. If it is, an employment lawyer like suggested above. But always remember that HR are not there for you .

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WellDressed For This Useful Post:

AmorInfinito8 (28-02-23), Privet (01-03-23), Rooney2808 (28-02-23)

Reviews

How not to do it!!!

Blog Entries
    Reviews

I can make HR an offer they can't refuse...

Alternatively I can also make it look like an accident...
    "THE CLEANER THE CLIENT, THE DIRTIER THE SERVICE..."

" I always leave them better than I found them"...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to rockonallnite For This Useful Post:

AmorInfinito8 (28-02-23)

Reviews

Wish we had camera phones back in our day.
    I was called in it seems because I was noticing cleavages and girls were noticing erections, nothing inappropriate had happened but some of the ladies were uncomfortable.
    I shifted uncomfortably in my chair and she says "feck sake, don't tell me your getting another boner.
    I suggested that if there was such an issue, that maybe the uniform policy should do something about all the exposed cleavages in the office and provide proper desks instead of tables.
    She questioned me on the table comment and I told her that I saw right up her skirt as I entered the room. We weren't allowed a calendar in the guys locker room but could see the promised land on walking into any office. Our boss, had for some strange reason insisted that all desks faced the door, not the windows.
    I didn't hear any more about it but there were new desks a few days later.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to philipkntz For This Useful Post:

rockonallnite (28-02-23)

Reviews

Bound to be better than where i work. We just scream at each other then go off in a huff

17. The Following User Says Thank You to bananabox999 For This Useful Post:

Toolbox (01-03-23)

18. Default

Are you going to HR because of something you did or something someone else did?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast