Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Frontline

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by nicegirlsarenice View Post
    I don't understand why someone thinks they can attack Pat Kenny over his salary. He does a good job, he's climbed to the top of his trade, he attracts many viewers and advertising. If he were in private television he'd be paid a similar amount.

If they want to attack RTE then fair enough, but attacking Pat Kenny himself is absolutely stupid. And you have no idea of the unbelievable wastage that goes to some people working for the government if you think Mr. Pat Kenny doesn't deserve what he gets or is one of the guys that's earning too much, at least a lot of his earnings are paid for by advertisers. There are people out there that get similar amounts for sitting around at stupid meetings and things doing nothing.
    I don't have any problem with Pat Kenny receiving 800,000 Euro per annum if his employers feel he is worth it and can afford to pay him that amount. However, RTE can only afford it's current staffing levels and salary bill because in addition to it's advertising revenue and sales of the RTE Guide, it receives the lions share of the 160 Euro per annum license fee. Very few people who have to pay this tax if they own a television (whether they choose to watch RTE or not) earn more than a 10th of his salary. I don't see any independent television or radio station in this country paying him this amount, as they could'nt afford it.......unlike RTE, they live in the real commercial world.

It's wrong to maintain that Pat Kenny by himself brings in large amounts of advertising money through the programs that he presents. Many people are involved in making and researching those programs and many others provide clerical and backup support to front line staff. Finally the whole edifice, which enables RTE to produce programs to attract advertisers has been provided by the tax payers and those who pay their license fee.

If RTE takes in so much revenue, that it can afford to pay Pat Kenny et al salaries, which in his case is double that of Barack Obama, then I believe that the ordinary hard pressed taxpayers should not have to subsidize this and the TV license should be abolished. I know the arguement against this is that he will take himself elsewhere......great, he will cease to be a burden on the rest of us then......and good luck to him if he can find gobshites who will pay him what RTE does.

Reviews

Pat Kenny's a sanctimonious cunt. I'm surprised nobody in the crowd had the balls to applaud that ranting guy.

Reviews

id say the guy wasnt applauded because he just went on a bit too much.. his rant lasted about 3 minutes.. and he repeated himself.. he should have just said his piece, then legged it..
    it was great seeing pat kennys face though.. priceless..

Reviews

dont forget the mention your man in the audience gave to the claim Kenny made last year against his elderly neighbours he sued them for a bit of ground between their houses some legal thing allowed Kenny claim to this piece of land an out of court settlement thought to be half a million was made to the Kennys so they would claim no further rights to the tiny bit of ground now that was disgusting yer man in the audience said ''now I'm off to sue an old woman over a field'' refering to this case
    we badly need more of this television........

Quote Originally Posted by experienced punter View Post
    dont forget the mention your man in the audience gave to the claim Kenny made last year against his elderly neighbours he sued them for a bit of ground between their houses some legal thing allowed Kenny claim to this piece of land an out of court settlement thought to be half a million was made to the Kennys so they would claim no further rights to the tiny bit of ground now that was disgusting yer man in the audience said ''now I'm off to sue an old woman over a field'' refering to this case
    we badly need more of this television........
    I agree that he should have said, "That's it, I'm leaving". He said he was leaving and then he didn't leave, he kept shouting things long after that that you couldn't even hear. The same with the thing that he was going to sue an old woman about a field. That was just a blatant lie right there... so why did he say it? And then he didn't even leave.

I have always liked and admired Pat Kenny (even though he can be really bad sometimes when he tries to be cool, I think he can be really good as well) and I think that it's Brian Cowen who deserves FAR, FAR more complaints about his salary. Why the hell are they picking on Pat Kenny? He should pick on RTE.

Who would girls rather have as a client, Pat or Ryan Tubridy? I think Pat, who knows.

I have sympathy for Pat about the field as well. If he felt he was entitled to the field then by all means he should have used legal action to get it back. I think there should be *NOTHING* about that, that's a personal matter. What's wrong with suing old women? Old women (and men) are sometimes complete gits about what they feel they're entitled to, they claim nonsense just to make a fuss and get attention... feeling like they're fighting against something brings some kind of meaning to their lives.

If you look at the comments on that youtube section, apparently he was going around Grafton Street practising it there to anyone there that would listen... LOL...

Blog Entries

Default Its priceless

the look on the ppls faces next to him.they have that "i wish i wasnt here look".Priceless.

The guy was right though.If everyone in this country were as vocal as him we wouldnt be in the situtaion we are in now.

I wish i wasnt here,
    Westside.

Blog Entries

Default By the way

they should bring him on the late late show on friday night and let him give his view but wont happen though.

rte says so,
    Westside.

The person they should really pick on is Brian Cowen. Brian Cowen actually ensures that he gets the money himself because he has the most power in the country. He is the most paid politician in the western world... (I do think some ruthless dictators in the world may get paid more than him to be fair). Who would pay themselves more and still be able to face their people? Putin? Milosevic? Not a chance, we'd have to go back to the likes of Hitler... and even he probably wouldn't pay himself that much even when adjusted for inflation (true he could do pretty much what he wanted in what any rational person would want, but he couldn't just put big palaces filled with gold around the place like some of the nutcases in government seem to need today).

If Pat demands more he runs the risk of being told to feck off and would then find it hugely difficult to find work elsewhere and probably end up crawling back to RTE. Pat Kenny is his own man, he's not part of government.
    Last edited by nicegirlsarenice; 10-11-09 at 22:23.

Blog Entries

Default Nope

Quote Originally Posted by nicegirlsarenice View Post
    The person they should really pick on is Brian Cowen. Brian Cowen actually ensures that he gets the money himself because he has the most power in the country. He is the most paid politician in the western world... (I do think some ruthless dictators in the world may get paid more than him). Who would pay themselves more and still be able to face their people? Putin? Milosevic?

If Pat demands more he runs the risk of being told to feck off and would then find it hugely difficult to find work elsewhere and probably end up crawling back to RTE. Pat Kenny is his own man, he's not part of government.
    I think what the guy on Frontline was pointing at is the fact that there are ppl in this country earning way more than anyone and pointing fingers.For insyance bono.He tells us save the world while U2 make 2grand per minute for playing shite.His sidekick Edge says vote for Lisbon and easy to know whether its right or wrong ,it will make no difference to him.

For what Kenny and RTE are (a bunch of shite) 600,000 a year is way too much while they threaten to increase the already too high tv licence.

600,000 ,thats a loooooooota grapes,
    Westside.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    U2 make 2grand per minute for playing shite
    On your knees before the Almighty, mortal worms!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast