Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Feb 18th

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by beautyaddict View Post
    You think we knew Ukraine was coming , I am hoping several thousand are there , yes we have a serious challenge but should we have refused to help Ukraine. Do nothing is not an answer to the Far right IMO

We have serious challenges here that pre date refugees so scapegoating them is exploitation . You think it is right to use media to accuse people leading to assaults . Not sure of your position are you a far right guy, are you a putin guy , asking for a friend
    And if you are against this stuff what about some suggestions other than ostrich and sand
    And that's the problem i have you people like you. Soon as someone doesn't share your view you assume they are far right.

Should we have helped Ukraine? Yes we should but to a certain extent. And we should have some kind of plan.
    And if you believe that the only Ukrainians are arriving you need to wake up.

I asked you a question that you choose not to answer. So I'll ask again
    Where will all those who are currently occupying hotel room around the country go when they have to leave hotels for the Start of tourist season. My mate is a maintenance manager for a hotel group. The group he works for has already made it clear to the government that the people have to leave soon. So tell me where will they go?
    Where will the ones who have yet to arrive go?.

And no I'm not far right I'm all for Ireland welcoming others but not opening the gates and letting anyone in . Do it properly have proper checks and accommodation, let them work instead of the state paying for everything. None of which is currently in place. And that's not sustainable.
    And as long as the government keeps up this policy the far right will continue to grow.
    Your protest won't stop it.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pegmyass85 For This Useful Post:

ga1 (12-02-23), WellDressed (10-02-23)

Reviews

I doubt anyone on this website is "far right". Sure we are sleeping with women from all over the world

A sensible approach is needed from both sides now and rhetoric from both sides need to calm down. Obviously what is currently happening is not working and not sustainable. Self held bias and political leanings need to be put aside and a proper plan put in place, otherwise we are headed for trouble.
    Last edited by WellDressed; 10-02-23 at 09:29.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WellDressed For This Useful Post:

beautyaddict (10-02-23), FullIrish (10-02-23)

Reviews

Interesting letter in the Irish Times. Pointing out that if a person arrives in Ireland, even without documents, seeking asylum or refuge, even from a so called safe country, they still have the right to have their application heard and have the right to appeal.
    It's a human right. Don't fall for the far right spin and lies.

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/l...l-obligations/

6. The Following User Says Thank You to pigsmickey For This Useful Post:

beautyaddict (10-02-23)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by pegmyass85 View Post
    And that's the problem i have you people like you. Soon as someone doesn't share your view you assume they are far right.

Should we have helped Ukraine? Yes we should but to a certain extent. And we should have some kind of plan.
    And if you believe that the only Ukrainians are arriving you need to wake up.

I asked you a question that you choose not to answer. So I'll ask again
    Where will all those who are currently occupying hotel room around the country go when they have to leave hotels for the Start of tourist season. My mate is a maintenance manager for a hotel group. The group he works for has already made it clear to the government that the people have to leave soon. So tell me where will they go?
    Where will the ones who have yet to arrive go?.

And no I'm not far right I'm all for Ireland welcoming others but not opening the gates and letting anyone in . Do it properly have proper checks and accommodation, let them work instead of the state paying for everything. None of which is currently in place. And that's not sustainable.
    And as long as the government keeps up this policy the far right will continue to grow.
    Your protest won't stop it.
    Do not know much about you so decided to get to the point , glad your not one of those this march is specifically about. As to your quistion , its a serious problem and it means that the accom for these people is going to be less than it is now . The tourism sector generates serious income for us so it has to happen.

There will be howling a plenty from Irish Refugee council et al but we cannot but do our best with what we have.

We are part of EU so we try to stay in step and we have benefited massively by being in the EU , and it seems the EU is about to move its position.

It is not my protest and no it wont solve this but it is important to put a clear message to all, and that many of us do not agree with what the far right are doing .

Just remember Hitler got in via economic discontent . Far right not interested in homeless at all . This march is about the tactics and actual aims of the Far right , not agreeing with government policy.
    Clubcard stop now
    "Those who keep the ability to see beauty, never grow old"- Frank Kafka

You will Always be fond of me .I represent all the Sins you never had the Courage to commit Oscar Wilde

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by WellDressed View Post
    I doubt anyone on this website is "far right". Sure we are sleeping with women from all over the world

A sensible approach is needed from both sides now and rhetoric from both sides need to calm down. Obviously what is currently happening is not working and not sustainable. Self held bias and political leanings need to be put aside and a proper plan put in place, otherwise we are headed for trouble.
    The Far Right are trying v v v hard to inflame , and off the back of that recruit more . Articles a plenty on Tik Tok video's that are fake inciting hate against migrants . I hope we will have a huge march that quietly crushes the few. I doubt one event will do it but it must start somewhere .
    Clubcard stop now

You will Always be fond of me .I represent all the Sins you never had the Courage to commit Oscar Wilde

9. The Following User Says Thank You to beautyaddict For This Useful Post:

WellDressed (10-02-23)

Reviews

Oh I understand what they are up to. Anyone can see it. There are more to the protests than just the far right though, there is genuinely people there that are worried about the economic and societal issues at hand. Regardless of which side you fall on the one thing apparent should be that the government is mishandling the whole situation and additional people coming into the country will add additional stresses to an already under pressure system. The way to win over those who are genuinely concerned is to open dialogue not scream at them that they are racist. All that achieves is pushing them into the far right.

The hardest thing in this country or any for that matter is to be a centrist, one side screams you're a "commie" the other screams you are "far right" while all you want is everyone to stop throwing tantrums and come up with an idea to solve what's happening.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WellDressed For This Useful Post:

beautyaddict (10-02-23), ga1 (12-02-23), Stephanie (10-02-23)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by WellDressed View Post
    Oh I understand what they are up to. Anyone can see it. There are more to the protests than just the far right though, there is genuinely people there that are worried about the economic and societal issues at hand. Regardless of which side you fall on the one thing apparent should be that the government is mishandling the whole situation and additional people coming into the country will add additional stresses to an already under pressure system. The way to win over those who are genuinely concerned is to open dialogue not scream at them that they are racist. All that achieves is pushing them into the far right.

The hardest thing in this country or any for that matter is to be a centrist, one side screams you're a "commie" the other screams you are "far right" while all you want is everyone to stop throwing tantrums and come up with an idea to solve what's happening.
    I could not agree more , some of this has been brewing for years like housing and our increasingly poisonous inequality gap .

Elsewhere I posted on this , the safe to go out at night thread I think .

How to do it is the issue but it needs to be addressed ASAP I do not support extremists of any ilk . It never works
    Last edited by beautyaddict; 10-02-23 at 14:47.
    Clubcard stop now

13. The Following User Says Thank You to beautyaddict For This Useful Post:

WellDressed (10-02-23)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by beautyaddict View Post
    Do not know much about you so decided to get to the point , glad your not one of those this march is specifically about. As to your quistion , its a serious problem and it means that the accom for these people is going to be less than it is now . The tourism sector generates serious income for us so it has to happen.

There will be howling a plenty from Irish Refugee council et al but we cannot but do our best with what we have.

We are part of EU so we try to stay in step and we have benefited massively by being in the EU , and it seems the EU is about to move its position.

It is not my protest and no it wont solve this but it is important to put a clear message to all, and that many of us do not agree with what the far right are doing .

Just remember Hitler got in via economic discontent . Far right not interested in homeless at all . This march is about the tactics and actual aims of the Far right , not agreeing with government policy.
    It says a lot about you as a person that you admit you don't know me but you are happy to consider me a far right racists simple because my opinion differs to yours about a protest march. I honestly despise people like you because you think your high and mighty fighting some cause yet when someone voices a different opinion instead of being an adult and talking about it you jump to worst conclusion of them.

And you didn't answer my question I asked where will they go
    Less accommodation and we do our best isn't an answer
    SO WHERE WILL THEY ACTUALLY GO WHEN THEY HAVE TO LEAVE THE HOTEL'S?

You need a protests to know the aims of the far right?. Save your time I'll tell you there aim "Ireland is for the Irish only" there you now know their aim.

Reviews

Imagine studying journalism and then ending up working for the journal. I'd rather shit in my hands and clap

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Clubcard For This Useful Post:

WellDressed (10-02-23)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by pegmyass85 View Post
    It says a lot about you as a person that you admit you don't know me but you are happy to consider me a far right racists simple because my opinion differs to yours about a protest march. I honestly despise people like you because you think your high and mighty fighting some cause yet when someone voices a different opinion instead of being an adult and talking about it you jump to worst conclusion of them.

And you didn't answer my question I asked where will they go
    Less accommodation and we do our best isn't an answer
    SO WHERE WILL THEY ACTUALLY GO WHEN THEY HAVE TO LEAVE THE HOTEL'S?

You need a protests to know the aims of the far right?. Save your time I'll tell you there aim "Ireland is for the Irish only" there you now know their aim.
    You despise thats sad and OTT , maybe you need to get off that horse . I did not call you a racist did I , I asked a question that is not a label unless your just looking for an argument. Did I claim to know where refugees would go , please show me where
    Just because you ask a question does not empower you to demand an answer, you may think it does but NOPE it does not

The thread is about the Far Right and tactics being used by them no more no less. We have a challenge to solve but not with Hate at its Centre. I posted elsewhere that it is complex and failures of government have created where we are
    Your not going on the March that is your right as it is mine to attend. By attending I show my concern for what is clearly being done , thats is my right . Where did you get the need a protest to understand stuff from. Your rather good at creating alternative narratives and suggesting its mine but I dont despise you just sayin
    Clubcard stop now

18. The Following User Says Thank You to beautyaddict For This Useful Post:

pigsmickey (10-02-23)

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast