Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Feb 18th

Let's keep the thread friendly.

The reputation discussion is so overdone at this point.
    Last edited by SofiaTheMod; 23-02-23 at 12:04.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SofiaTheMod For This Useful Post:

beautyaddict (23-02-23), IDF2 (23-02-23), PhilPhilPhil (23-02-23), WellDressed (23-02-23)

Reviews

3000 refugees in Dublin 24.

30 refugees in Dublin 6.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by IDF2 View Post
    3000 refugees in Dublin 24.

30 refugees in Dublin 6.
    And???????

5. The Following User Says Thank You to pegmyass85 For This Useful Post:

PhilPhilPhil (23-02-23)

Reviews

Love this idea that simultaneously 'refugees are bad/house our own first/what about our women and children' and yet... 'if they're kept in more affluent areas then everything's fine' - very contradictory thinking from very gullible people.

And also these people don't give two hoots about Irish women and children under any other circumstance except when it suits them for stoking fear.
    Last edited by PhilPhilPhil; 23-02-23 at 16:41.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PhilPhilPhil For This Useful Post:

beautyaddict (23-02-23), Rooney2808 (23-02-23)

Reviews

Sorry wont be able to attend.

I will will be attending a rally of the Procrastination Club of Ireland at the Dail, against decimalisation

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fingermouse For This Useful Post:

SofiaTheMod (23-02-23), Stephanie (23-02-23), WellDressed (23-02-23)

Quote Originally Posted by PhilPhilPhil View Post
    Love this idea that simultaneously 'refugees are bad/house our own first/what about our women and children' and yet... 'if they're kept in more affluent areas then everything's fine' - very contradictory thinking from very gullible people.

And also these people don't give two hoots about Irish women and children under any other circumstance except when it suits them for stoking fear.
    What I find / found most perturbing is how quickly Irish turn on Irish :: mid / upper classes turned on

lower income Irish when those people went out on the streets to protest the conditions in Their neighborhoods .

To me it was stark and startling .

I’m sure there’s SO MUCH I do not know about Irish class system and Irish culture , but to me that was

Startling how quickly those lower income Irish persons’ grievances were simply labeled ‘right-wing’ ‘crap’

without the care to actually look into if there’s any basis for their upset .

I believe there are no refugees nor Immigrants housed in affluent areas .

Ergo : grievances would arise in low income neighborhoods - and the Irish turned on their own .

/ I’m also aware that lower income neighborhoods would have a so to say ‘hoodloom’ element ,

but Still , are All lower income people hoodlooms and never-do-wells ? Who deserve No consideration ?

That’s rather the broad brushstroke to lump the working class right in with the ‘right-wing’ .

Spoke with another taxi driver recently : drove a Tesla ; agreed with the original protests .

Brought up examples regarding his own two daughters . ::: right wing ??
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

Reviews

So beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by WellDressed View Post
    I'd like to add that currently we have no far right extremists sitting in our government, we need to keep it that way.

We do have far left extremists that march under a hammer and sickle.

Communism like its counterpart is a very dangerous ideology that has killed more than 100 million worldwide.

While we should be vigilant not to allow far right extremists into our government we should be calling out far left extremists that are currently sitting there.
    Really !? : I’m in a bubble - unaware .

Can’t quite wrap my head around that one .

Where is the Learn from History , so we Shan’t repeat it !? X
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789