Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Admitting god is made up?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbean76 View Post
    It's simple, all gods , religions and holy books are man made concepts with no basis in fact or reality.
    💯 Agree with this

2. The Following User Says Thank You to pegmyass85 For This Useful Post:

Mrbean76 (09-02-23)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Clubcard View Post
    Right so..... explanation of all the moving statues and blood crying virgin Marys back in the 80's and 90's.
    Watch they Doctor who episode called blink.

Reviews

I don't follow any particular religion!

Too many people dissolutioned with religion's turn to just believing in nothing, not even themselves.

My personal philosophy
    the spirit exists distinct from matter, the spirit is the only reality.
    When I die I believe my energy force will simply change, into what I don't know!
    But I don't believe in how heaven is generally perceived.

Being a part of the universe as an integral energy is enough for me,
    When this body has outlived it's time I will simply change back into something I've always been before knowing this existence.

https://energyeducation.ca/encyclope...0the%20outside.

The law of conservation of energy states that energy can neither be created nor destroyed - only converted from one form of energy to another. This means that a system always has the same amount of energy, unless it's added from the outside.

ETERNAL LIFE

Quote Originally Posted by pegmyass85 View Post
    I'm open to correction here but if the church of England does decide to change god's pronoun, wouldn't that be an admission that for thousands of years the church has been making it up as they go along and god isn't real.
    I mean "god's" own son referred to "god" as his father and he would sit by "His" right side in heaven.
    Or did Jesus the son of God assume his father's gender?

https://www.irishtimes.com/world/uk/...alling-god-he/
    Last edited by AmorInfinito8; 09-02-23 at 12:26.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by AmorInfinito8 View Post
    I don't follow any particular religion!

Too many people dissolutioned with religion's turn to just believing in nothing, not even themselves.

My personal philosophy
    the spirit exists distinct from matter, the spirit is the only reality.
    When I die I believe my energy force will simply change, into what I don't know!
    But I don't believe in how heaven is generally perceived.

Being a part of the universe as an integral energy is enough for me,
    When this body has outlived it's time I will simply change back into something I've always been before knowing this existence.

https://energyeducation.ca/encyclope...0the%20outside.

The law of conservation of energy states that energy can neither be created nor destroyed - only converted from one form of energy to another. This means that a system always has the same amount of energy, unless it's added from the outside.

ETERNAL LIFE
    Don't get it. How can anything exist distinct from matter?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by pigsmickey View Post
    Don't get it. How can anything exist distinct from matter?

According to science
    Energy is recognizably different in nature from anything else, it can pass through matter and exist on a different level or levels than matter.

It can be changed reshaped moved but never destroyed,

If you go into the realm of quantum physics things get even stranger!!

the jellyfish Turritopsis dohrnii has harnessed the power of its own energy and can live forever

https://www.science.org.au/curious/e...20life%20cycle.

So if religious people want to sell the idea of an Eternal soul or Energy then they are actually not that far away from the science,
    The only difference is religion is sold to people as a lie and a form of control.
    But in my opinion that doesn't take away from the fact that the energy inside me now will exist forever!
    Last edited by AmorInfinito8; 09-02-23 at 15:43.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by TommyH123 View Post
    Bang on the money, designed to keep the people in line, end of story
    I love this quote; Religion is perceived by the common people as true , by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful.

I absolutely believe in religious freedom, equally as important is freedom from religion. This isn't allowed in too many countries to this day and it's not right .
    We have two lives , the second begins when we realise we only have one .....

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrbean76 For This Useful Post:

AmorInfinito8 (10-02-23)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Clubcard View Post
    Right so..... explanation of all the moving statues and blood crying virgin Marys back in the 80's and 90's.
    They were hoaxes and wishful thinking. The Catholic Church will do anything to extract as much money as possible from gullible folks

Reviews

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mrbean76 For This Useful Post:

AmorInfinito8 (10-02-23), IDF2 (09-02-23)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbean76 View Post
    I love this quote; Religion is perceived by the common people as true , by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful.

I absolutely believe in religious freedom, equally as important is freedom from religion. This isn't allowed in too many countries to this day and it's not right .
    I read a book about Fredrick The Great the King of Prussia years ago. He was french educated and very progressive. But the thing I most remember about it was although he was a non believer he valued religion as a means of control. I don't think he was a bad guy, just a realist.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12