Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Admitting god is made up?

Reviews

Default Admitting god is made up?

I'm open to correction here but if the church of England does decide to change god's pronoun, wouldn't that be an admission that for thousands of years the church has been making it up as they go along and god isn't real.
    I mean "god's" own son referred to "god" as his father and he would sit by "His" right side in heaven.
    Or did Jesus the son of God assume his father's gender?

https://www.irishtimes.com/world/uk/...alling-god-he/
    Last edited by pegmyass85; 08-02-23 at 17:15.

Reviews

I never would have thought of God as 'he'. God is a really abstract concept. Jesus as God the Son was definitely a 'he'. Wonder what the Anglican view is?!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Airbusdriver For This Useful Post:

AmorInfinito8 (09-02-23)

Quote Originally Posted by pegmyass85 View Post
    I'm open to correction here but if the church of England does decide to change god's pronoun, wouldn't that be an admission that for thousands of years the church has been making it up as they go along and god isn't real.
    I mean "god's" own son referred to "god" as his father and he would sit by "His" right side in heaven.

A relation of mine who studied theology once told me that the original versions of the bible and dead sea scrolls written in Greek and Hebrew etc, actually did use non gendered words when describing god and it was the translators from over the years that decided to use he/him

5. The Following User Says Thank You to fresh111 For This Useful Post:

AmorInfinito8 (09-02-23)

Abrahamic religions are notoriously inclusive.

7. Default

Well i cant trust that particular church cause we all now how is being created

Reviews

It's simple, all gods , religions and holy books are man made concepts with no basis in fact or reality.
    We have two lives , the second begins when we realise we only have one .....

In the name of the person, the smaller person, and the holy non binary Spirit. Amen. Oh, no, wait, Athey/them. A- All-inclusive???

Just dosnt have the same ring to it, does it??

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JennyIrish For This Useful Post:

Mrbean76 (09-02-23), pigsmickey (09-02-23)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbean76 View Post
    It's simple, all gods , religions and holy books are man made concepts with no basis in fact or reality.
    Bang on the money, designed to keep the people in line, end of story

12. The Following User Says Thank You to TommyH123 For This Useful Post:

Mrbean76 (09-02-23)

Reviews

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 9/11 moon landings were an outside job

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Forceuser For This Useful Post:

Clubcard (09-02-23), Scrumhalf9 (09-02-23)

Reviews

Right so..... explanation of all the moving statues and blood crying virgin Marys back in the 80's and 90's.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast