Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The real problem with the budget cuts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor of Manchester View Post
    Its not cowardly

But it is incredibly selfish

And before anyone starts - fuck off in advance!

T
    xxx
    It is by it's very definition a 'selfish' act, but not in the sense that the word 'selfish' is generally used.

And by the way, what a lovely method of balancing your argument you set across...

You have the debating skill of a dictator.

(Is this where I say...and before you start - fuck off in advance!?)

Blog Entries

Default Well

Quote Originally Posted by topdawg View Post
    It is really sad to hear about someone taking their life, I believe that anyone who does this must be mentally ill in some way because it is such a huge step. However, we all have a responsibility to ourseleves before anyone else and to take this step is a cop out. Some of us have had massive changes to our lifestyles but to take our own life is to leave all our loved ones behind and to cause them incredible sadness. Imagine how your loved ones would think.... why did he/she not talk to me and tell me what he/she was thinking?

Just my two cents worth....

TD
    how long does it take to make a decision?A few seconds and it cant be undone.You know i keep hearing stuff about it being a cop out and to be honest i thought this before too but its not.I actually blame those who are close to the ppl in "some" of the cases.Not all cases but alot of cases.The ppl who take their own lives arent thinking right but unfortunatly it only takes a short while for it happen.

Westside.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    how long does it take to make a decision?A few seconds and it cant be undone.You know i keep hearing stuff about it being a cop out and to be honest i thought this before too but its not.I actually blame those who are close to the ppl in "some" of the cases.Not all cases but alot of cases.The ppl who take their own lives arent thinking right but unfortunatly it only takes a short while for it happen.

Westside.
    I would'nt necessarily hold those close to a suicide victim to blame for their actions. Men in particular, are notorious for bottling up their pressures and not seeking help or talking to somebody about their depression and what is making them depressed. Suicide is probably just the tip of the iceberg, as deaths from heart attacks and addiction/substance abuse may have similar root causes. Women seem to be much better at coping with stress and they certainly gain more from networking with their peers.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blankmannn View Post
    so you stand by calling me a 'fucking halfwit'???

and of course you don't mind airing your laundry in public, you clearly lack any kind of class or humility.

I however will drop this here, it will only become boring for the forum

I apologise to everyone (including Luther) for any time wasted reading this drivel, when it could have all been put to bed with a simple apology from the peacekeeper himself
    Quote Originally Posted by ploy26p View Post
    im not going to be bullied or insulted by him.. as i said, its amazing he is still a moderator, i havent seen any of the other moderators insulting or launching personal attacks on members of this forum, yet Luther seems to get away with it with total impunity..
    I'd like to direct both of you to the title of post No.22 in this thread. I posted it 5 and a half hours ago........

Do you not see it???

Can you not read it???
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Blog Entries

Default And to all the site members.........

If anybody else thought that my posts this morning in reply to Blankmannn and Ploy was out out order, I apologise to you also........

In my opinion I felt the earlier posts were insulting to another member on a topic and thread I felt was very serious...........

I have apologised to them despite their continuing to ignore it, but I must say I felt provoked into saying what I originally posted..........

And to be told since, that I lack class and humility, that I lost the head, that I was attacking people for no reason, that I have a personal agenda here, and to be called a bully, and to have my position as a moderator here questioned I find deeply hurtfull and insulting............

Despite Blankmannn posting a private message here, calling for me to apologise to him in private, I felt no need to go down that route and apologised on the public forum. Only to be ignored..........

I again apologise to all the members here. If anybody else here finds my position as a moderator unacceptable please feel free to speak.........
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

My bro told me today that a guy he works with told him that his sister in laws brother committed suicide yesterday.He was a businessman with a wife and two kids.I wonder how many more are doing it accross the country.Cowen and Boyle and the like wont be doing it though.This country needs a national strike where everyone downs tools for a day and hits the streets to call enough is enough on these politicians.

The Greens and FF have blood on their hands,
    Westside.
    isnt his sister in laws brother his brother in law ?

a dreadful tragedy.

by the way many people die needlessly around the world on a daily basis, starvation,disease,war....if we do nothing does that mean there is blood on our hands too.

'let he who has not sinned cast the first thingumajig'

Blog Entries

Default No its his aunt

Quote Originally Posted by alechoran View Post
    isnt his sister in laws brother his brother in law ?

a dreadful tragedy.

by the way many people die needlessly around the world on a daily basis, starvation,disease,war....if we do nothing does that mean there is blood on our hands too.

'let he who has not sinned cast the first thingumajig'
    not sure who is was to be honest.Im useless with family trees unless im cutting them down.

Alec just has a brain wave,
    Westside.

not sure who is was to be honest.Im useless with family trees unless im cutting them down.

Alec just has a brain wave,
    Westside.
    tree felling is qp's kinda thing innit ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12