Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it safe to go out at night?

Reviews

Default Is it safe to go out at night?

Just wondering if any people of colour, or anyone for that mater have encountered the far right anti immigration crowd while out and about at night?
    What I've seen online and in the news is worrying.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pigsmickey For This Useful Post:

AmorInfinito8 (03-02-23), robbie9 (03-02-23)

They're a bunch of gobshites hitching their wagons to the latest conspiracy theory. Same lot spouting lies about covid. Think I might start selling tinfoil hats at these protests.

Haven't heard of any violence at these protests in fairness and I hope nobody out there would feel intimidated enough to let these racists impact how they go about their business. So get out and about and don't let the far right have the control they crave.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Redrunner101 For This Useful Post:

AmorInfinito8 (03-02-23), hitman76 (06-02-23)

Reviews

just scaremongering people again, do not fall for all this fake shite

6. The Following User Says Thank You to WeeJimmy For This Useful Post:

AmorInfinito8 (03-02-23)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Redrunner101 View Post
    They're a bunch of gobshites hitching their wagons to the latest conspiracy theory. Same lot spouting lies about covid. Think I might start selling tinfoil hats at these protests.

Haven't heard of any violence at these protests in fairness and I hope nobody out there would feel intimidated enough to let these racists impact how they go about their business. So get out and about and don't let the far right have the control they crave.
    ^^^^what he said^^^^^^

Same clowns all the time

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Clubcard For This Useful Post:

AmorInfinito8 (03-02-23), beautyaddict (03-02-23)

Reviews

This is a social media/traditional media problem, publicity gives them energy. I heard some of the stuff being spouted , utter crap. But they harvest a few more with each exposure

Mind you that guy in Finglas got taken down well today , good on the Gardai/Judges

I noticed in Sweden a guy associated with Putin involved in organizing burning of Koran in public, Turkey react , Sweden blocked from NATO , result for Putin

Do we have a shade of that tactic here ?
    Last edited by beautyaddict; 03-02-23 at 15:11.
    Clubcard stop now
    "Those who keep the ability to see beauty, never grow old"- Frank Kafka

You will Always be fond of me .I represent all the Sins you never had the Courage to commit Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by pigsmickey View Post
    Just wondering if any people of colour, or anyone for that mater have encountered the far right anti immigration crowd while out and about at night?
    As far as I can make out it's still at the stage where they're shitting the bed over Ukrainian refugees and trans folk being allowed to use public toilets.
    It'll escalate of course but the Irish media haven't yet quite figured out the best money-making angle for concern trolling, and the various milling chud factions haven't found their unifying force.

It'll get there, eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by beautyaddict View Post
    This is a social media/traditional media problem, publicity gives them energy. I heard some of the stuff being spouted , utter crap. But they harvest a few more with each exposure

Mind you that guy in Finglas got taken down well today , good on the Gardai/Judges

I noticed in Sweden a guy associated with Putin involved in organizing burning of Koran in public, Turkey react , Sweden blocked from NATO , result for Putin

Do we have a shade of that tactic here ?
    I agree with you on the culpability of media in relation to how they handle this.
    Not so sure I agree with the implications you make though.

You noticed "in Sweden a guy associated with Putin".
    Putting aside your allegations for a minute I've a few question for you.
    Do you think Sweden should criminalize people burning books in public?
    Do you think it's a bad thing that Sweden was blocked from NATO?
    Do you think Putin is under your bed right now?

Is he under my bed too?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by pigsmickey View Post
    I hope the vast majority of us are motivated by this poison to be more proactive in actually doing something to help minorities. Writing about your views online has been fine until now, but if the keyboard cowards are prepared to take action and bully the most vulnerable people in our country then it's time for the rest of us to step away from the keyboard too and take action to support the most vulnerable people in our country.
    There are many charities out there looking for volunteers to give a bit of time to minorities in order to give them a bit more self confidence and allow them live a more progressive life.

If you disagree with me fine, be a "real irish man" and bully/intimidate the weakest people in our country.
    Sad to see so many thick and pathetic irish people exist, they need educating, and if that fails they need shaming.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mij For This Useful Post:

AmorInfinito8 (04-02-23), Noregrets (12-02-23)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by UnFulfilledScott View Post
    I agree with you on the culpability of media in relation to how they handle this.
    Not so sure I agree with the implications you make though.

You noticed "in Sweden a guy associated with Putin".
    Putting aside your allegations for a minute I've a few question for you.
    Do you think Sweden should criminalize people burning books in public?
    Do you think it's a bad thing that Sweden was blocked from NATO?
    Do you think Putin is under your bed right now?

Is he under my bed too?
    Not my allegation https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...en-nato-russia
    Sweden has a v open legal system as I understand it , free speech , that as seen in USA comes with problems like Nazi marches in Charlottesville , personally I do not agree with such a scale of freedom where a meeting can give the Nazi Salute and hail Trump to the distress of other communities

I do think Sweden should be allowed to join NATO , as will Finland that is a direct result of the attack on Ukraine . Given the geography and history . Prior to invasion of Ukraine majority in both countries against it , now other way round . The decision is Swedens alone not ours .

If you think that there is no agitation of the anti migrant groups , wake up . The bombing of civil infrastructure sought to weaponize migrants. So you think there will only be one move to achieve that ?

Putin under the bed , stop trivializing the war in Europe , maybe look at size of Russian Embassy here and refused extension of it. And we are part of EU a target to break EU unity is not on their agenda ?
    Clubcard stop now
    "Those who keep the ability to see beauty, never grow old"- Frank Kafka

You will Always be fond of me .I represent all the Sins you never had the Courage to commit Oscar Wilde

15. The Following User Says Thank You to beautyaddict For This Useful Post:

UnFulfilledScott (08-02-23)

I doubt it, as yesterday all the taxi drivers at the train station I arrived in happened to be of color. Surprisingly, or not(approx 20)of them had no issue refusing to take me and my dog(who was in my lap in a blanket) so I ended up ordering a taxi. And then you hear this whole people if color are treated differently. I have nothing against anyone for that matter, and, in the grand scheme of things my taxi issue is nothing, but isn’t the rule of thumb ‘so upon others what you’d like to have done to you?’
    [B][I]Life is too short for bad coffee and bad sex.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast