Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Revolut payment

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by WeeJimmy View Post
    its to monitor us and keeps tabs on us so we can get away with nothing as every single penny will be accounted for.
    no one will rise up against it as people have got more lazy and want everything at touch of a button and we are all gradually being groomed into it so when it does happen not many will pass much heed and just accept it
    when cash goes its the end of alot of great pastimes, its the end of freedom and life as we know it tommy lad
    That’s it exactly…..no mon, no fun

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TommyH123 For This Useful Post:

AmorInfinito8 (07-01-23), BIGUY99 (08-01-23)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by TommyH123 View Post
    That’s it exactly…..no mon, no fun
    so true and do you notice with these electronic payments you tend to spend alot more too, yes its spend spend spend, however if that was readies in your hand you are more reluctant or more careful what you spend it on, I guess its to keep you spending more and keep you poor and more revenue for unjust causes
    I'm off to spend some readies on a wee lady now..... good night

4. The Following User Says Thank You to WeeJimmy For This Useful Post:

AmorInfinito8 (07-01-23)

Reviews

Believe it or not I got my first ever phone in my name three months ago!
    Totally off grid in my name before that
    My telecom supplier would be having a field day with my new life style but for the fact I use a VPN

I've always had a phone but in my Ex's name, years ago she bought a contract off someone because she wanted the Tel number, similar to Idea of buying personal Reg plates,
    and I took over hers.

My new Bank card was ordered expressly with no contactless chip,
    I've seen and been told by people out for the night with a few too many drinks flashing the card like there's no tomorrow, ping ping ping,
    it's more than a hangover when they check their balance!!

Ironically I'm not a technophobe, the reverse, that's why I see what's coming,
    fight for the right to use cash, if your bank plays hardball switch to a building society they use current accounts too, but won't close their branches as easily, they need face-face to sell mortgages.
    I'm shutting my bank account down once I have time from work and moving to a building society, I've asked already about future closures
    and they can't,they need face to face.

Reviews

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/com...ment_120041222

Looks like even cinemas are going cashless

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ga1 View Post
    https://www.boards.ie/discussion/com...ment_120041222

Looks like even cinemas are going cashless

In the omniplex if you're paying with cash you have to get into a special line pay get a receipt and then que up again in the main line, it happened to me n the kids at Xmas going to see Avatar, your a second class citizen if you use cash these days

Reviews

Livestock Markets were not accepting cash either and blamed Covid, yeah right...you paid for your animals online or by card.
    I use to buy some sheep to mow our back gardens and got great deals with cash as you always got much much cheaper, cant do that with card sadly

I see there's a few pubs in Dublin that have signs up saying "Card only payments"

A friend of mine who works in the hospitality industry says it's a loophole to refuse the travelling community (as they deal entirely in cash) without actually refusing them..

This morning once again had a prospective visitor wanting to pay with Revolut .

When I said no - it’s not anonymous and I prefer not to disclose my name to a

‘stranger’ , he got the hump . Tough . Privacy more important than ‘convenience’ !

// a new twist though : when I suggested he hit an ATM , he said he only has his Phone

to facilitate any transaction :: no credit card , no debit card , no access to cash .

This one be already gone down the rabbit hole 🐇 .

Be more and more like him in coming times .
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

AmorInfinito8 (08-01-23), ga1 (08-01-23)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    This morning once again had a prospective visitor wanting to pay with Revolut .

When I said no - it’s not anonymous and I prefer not to disclose my name to a

‘stranger’ , he got the hump . Tough . Privacy more important than ‘convenience’ !

// a new twist though : when I suggested he hit an ATM , he said he only has his Phone

to facilitate any transaction :: no credit card , no debit card , no access to cash .

This one be already gone down the rabbit hole 🐇 .

Be more and more like him in coming times .

Fella was taking the absolute piss with you.
    I hope you told him
    No money, no honey, no funny.

Reviews

The writing is on the wall,
    Soon we'll be paying in barter!!
    Do you need and painting and decorating, landscaping or a satellite system installed?

But jokes aside if kid's don't have the ability to pay by swiping their phone then they think they're out of fashion because all there mates can do it, so 5-10 years physical currency could be gone.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AmorInfinito8 For This Useful Post:

ga1 (08-01-23), Stephanie (09-01-23)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast