Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Button Down . China is a Hot Mess

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Palatine View Post
    There are a couple of problems with that.

1. The transmissibility of Omicron was such that no reasonable health restrictions were able to contain it. Things that worked for the original virus, albeit with high cost, no longer worked. Even New Zealand levels of isolation started to fail. Only Chinese levels of lockdown and restriction worked. So, if a new variant has an even higher transmissibility then there is simply no feasible way to keep it out. Delay it, maybe - but for how long and what does that benefit the world?

2. Let's say it can be contained within China's borders. What then? What's the plan after that? Do you think it likely that it can be both eliminated in 1.4 billions Chinese people, and contained to China to that Chinese doesn't reimport it? Seems highly unlikely, but if you have an entry sttategy, you need to have an exit strategy too.

3. Vaccination in the 6bn non-Chinese population is patchy. A lot of the world just does not trust western pharma companies or their products. Are there fewer vaccinated people outside China than inside it? I doubt it? So why worry specifically about China? Why not sub-Saharan Africa or India or South America (where Chinese vaccines were initially used)?

I think the Chinese are about to be given a rude awakening. At least a million will die in that country shortly. But I don't see any particular extra risk for the ROtW, and if I did, I'm not sure really what can be done about it other than to re-design the MRNA vaccines. Everything else seems to just be a delaying action.
    Briefly .

In this case imo the reasonable course of action would be to continue the Chinese travel ban

and allow that country to deal with its own population and illness however bad it may get ::

they had refused offers of assistance of vaccines from the West - now it is too late .

The sensible thing to do - for the greater security of the World - would be to Not Allow

persons from China to start traveling the length and width of the Globe Now .

Let their infection and tragedy waves roll through , let them come out the other end

and Then open their borders .

But that would be sensible . What is happening Now is a political power play by One Man

to the detriment of the rest of the world , to the detriment of All of Us .

And that is Wrong !

Thank you for posting , I did read it all xx
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

Palatine (29-12-22)

Reviews

wait to you see there be more lockdowns everywhere and more tagging and monitoring of everyone...Freedom taken away again, soon you'll not be able to go 5 metres for a piss unless you get clearance from them first

We will have a new covid19, strain number 007bull-shit/2
    and
    there will be another much bigger meaner outbreak of viral zoonotic infection much hairier than before called GorillaPox

Reviews

Other opinions are allowed
    Age doesn't equal maturity - just look around !
    Unhappy ? press ignore user in settings

Reviews

I've been saying this for a long time, but the world is FUCKED. Forget the environmental issues and any threats from natural disasters or extra terrestrial in nature (alien invasion, doomsday asteroid, etc). Look at all the threats we're posing to ourselves. Artificial intelligence, war, viruses (COVID was just the start, I'm near convinced of that). No need to worry about the aliens cos we'll end ourselves! So much for an intelligent species!!

I'm not an anti-vaxxer and have had the 2 jabs for COVID, but I ain't bothering with anymore for either it or anything else that comes along. Let good old fashioned Darwinism take over. Over 600 million cases, of which only about 1% died. A global population of 8 billion, and a 'pandemic' killed less than 7 million people. Would ya ever fuck off, pandemic me hole!
    Last edited by ladiesman217; 30-12-22 at 11:30.
    ladiesman217: April 2009 to April 2024

Goodbye

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ladiesman217 For This Useful Post:

ga1 (30-12-22), Rockerman (30-12-22)

Reviews

It is interesting that CCP are opening its doors to allow travel at a time when their aggressive posture over Taiwan was heightened. The world is a very dangerous place at the moment. Everyone expects a conflict with the CCP. Instead 2022, saw the start of Russian forces and NATO beginning a proxy war in Ukraine. But, I would argue that the CCP began their war with the West on 27th December 2019. Their objectives were to weaken the West's military, manufacturing capabilities and economic stability. Perhaps, like the first time gas was used during WWI, their super weapon blew back into their own lines. Maybe this is the second wave of a plan that failed to fully meet its objectives. I wouldn't trust Russia, or the CCP as far as you can throw them because they are both rouge states.

Reviews

Genuine question, when Covids first wave hit the world and the US was a "hot mess" with it's president even denying the virus was real. There was no vaccine to protect us. Did you call the US a hot mess and call for restrictions to be put in place for all Americans coming into Europe. Because I don't remember seeing a thread from you about it? Or did I miss it?. Can you post the link if you did thanks?
    Funny how when I was unvaccinated seeing bus loads of American tourist traveling freely through the town I live in while I couldn't travel 2km was deemed ok?
    But now I'm fully vaccinated up to my 4th shot I should now worry about Chinese tourists traveling through the town I live when I am allowed travel freely we should impose restrictions?
    Strange no.

Reviews

What he doesn't say , this happened off the coast of China
    Other opinions are allowed
    Age doesn't equal maturity - just look around !
    Unhappy ? press ignore user in settings

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by joggon View Post
    What he doesn't say , this happened off the coast of China
    It wasn't off the coast of China it was in international airspace above the South China sea. China is trying to claim that area of land and sea belongs to them but nobody else recognise's Chinas claim them so. Had it taken place in actual Chinese airspace you wouldn't have heard about this story at all as the US military would have to tell you their jet entered Chinese airspace illegally.
    I'm no fan of the US military but it was in international airspace doesn't matter if it's near China or Japan or Taiwan's airspace it's still international airspace and the US are free to operate how they like in international airspace without the Chinese parking a jet beside them trying to make a situation out of nothing.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345